The book of Eli

Movie reviews and discussion.

The book of Eli

Postby Tediz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:26 am

What do ya'll think? Basically it's about a dude who has the last Bible - I looked it up - on the planet who think that it somehow holds the key to saving mankind.

I assume that Eli refers to Elijah, a dude in the bible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKfZrbS79To

Also, I've read reviews of a lot of Critics who got to see it early basically say "I thought it was the best movie I've ever seen, but the Atheist's are going to hate it."
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrantTR » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:46 am

Reviews sort of change.

Some say its basically like any Micheal Bay movie, complete with half assed characters and plot, and others say it has some powerful message to state but lacks the storytelling ability to state it well enough.

Judgeing by the comercials and trailers it looks like it could be good, so I might just see it, but seeing as it got a 45% on rotten tomatoes I'm not expecting it to be good.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Saw the trailer. Wasn't very interested. The Road looks to be the better post apocalyptic ramble at this stage IMO.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Return to General Movies