Shutter Island

Movie reviews and discussion.

Shutter Island

Postby PeacefulChaos » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:41 am

A bit late, but seriously an awesome movie I saw a while ago. It plays mind games and has you thinking about it for a full week later.
xD

It stars Leonardo DiCaprio mostly, as he's the main character and does an extremely impressive job of acting.

Teddy Daniels (Leo) is sent to investigate a hospital for the criminally insane in 1954 because a murderer is thought to be hiding on this island where it's located.

Seriously an amazing movie, and Leo is an amazing actor at that. It really gets your mind going. As a Leo-fan, I loved this movie and Leo's acting. Quite an amazing plot, it's like you're absorbed by it.

Has anyone else seen it or plan to? :)
To keep track:
Amynta - Apatosaurus
Ripto - Velociraptor
Sheila - Velociraptor
Kujo - Stegosaurus
PeacefulChaos
Mosquito
Mosquito

Re: Shutter Island

Postby Sheriff Hoyt » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:36 pm

Nope. After watching the trailer, I took a guess at what the "twist" was, and my friend told me I was right. :D
Sheriff Hoyt
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby HorseGal » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:20 am

My boyfriend guessed the twist half way through the movie. I thought he was wrong. -_-
Overall, I think it was pretty good. I did not expect that twist! The ending gave me the chills a little.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:53 am

Saw it again recently. Quite good, VERY confusing, but an excellent film with a great twist.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby PeacefulChaos » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Sheriff Hoyt wrote:Nope. After watching the trailer, I took a guess at what the "twist" was, and my friend told me I was right. :D

I know I did. :P

:P

The ending can be predictable but watching all the clues kind of gives it a weird feel. It does get confusing, and that's predominantly why my mind was blown. I was so into figuring out all the confusing parts, I forgot all about how it'd end. The ending may have been predictable, but when you watch the movie it pretty much adds to the confusion.
All you're thinking BUT I THOUGHT
BUT WHAT ABOUT
THEN WHO WAS..?!
it's not as straightforward as it seems. A predictable ending for some, yes, but in no way straightforward.

Yeah.
The movie itself captivated my thoughts to the point of forgetting about how it'd end totally just because of so many confusion parts.
To keep track:
Amynta - Apatosaurus
Ripto - Velociraptor
Sheila - Velociraptor
Kujo - Stegosaurus
PeacefulChaos
Mosquito
Mosquito

Return to General Movies