Jurassic Park TLW vs JP3

Movie reviews and discussion.

Jurassic Park TLW vs JP3

Postby Dinonerd » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:20 am

JP3: 5/10

TLW vs JP3:
Ok here it is, i have never met someone who likes JP3 over TLW, would you like to know why? The characters are more annoying in JP3 .The dumb wife screaming all the time, the kid able to stay alive all that time off chocolate bars, and they couldn’t think of a way he got the Tyrannosaur pee, so they said you don’t want to know. The dinosaurs evolved in like 5 years. But you think they look like that because they became birds? Birds of prey are not pink or aqua, birds of prey are usually dark coloured. The raptors were way to smart and looked way too much like little cuddly toys with their bright pink and aqua colours. The Spinosaurus was seriously exaggerated, it was a hunter that hunted fish in shallow waters and hunted small dinosaurs. A Spinosaurus would get owned in a predator conflict with a Tyrannosaur, it may be longer but it is roughly the same height. The Spinosaurus was a more primitive dinosaur then the T-Rex, it was more lightly built and has a smaller brain. In the scene when the Spinosaurus killed the Tyrannosaur and the T-Rex got the hold of it’s neck. It would of crushed the throat right there, the Spinosaurus wasn’t even injured at all, it was as if it had not been bitten. I personally liked the second one because it showed how the T-Rex did live in family groups and were not rogues. It also has less action, and better plot then the third. I personally loved the San Diego scene because it showed what would happen if a Tyrannosaur was released in a city in our world today, I do not know why people dislike the scene it was enjoyable. And if you think it is dumb because the crew is all dead, they are dead because a Velociraptor was on board and killed them, but this scene was then cut from the movie. If you say the scene was too much like King Kong, it is because it was a tribute to the movie. And you think Kelly kicking the raptor out the window is dumb? its not like she is kicking a T-Rex out the window, the raptors dont weigh 6 tons they weighed a couple hundred kilos. Its like kicking a man in the head, he will lose his balance. The raptors dont have thumbs to hold on to the railings when falling. And the woman in JP3 was much more annoying.

People say they should of replaced spino in JP3 with another carnivore this is what i say to that:
Let me lay it down for you guys here, even if a gigantosaurus came in it would probably not risk against a T-Rex, T-Rexs were smaller sure, but they also had a bigger brain, sharper eye sight and a great sense of smell. They also had a stronger bite force then the Gigantosaurus, Spinosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus. That is the reason its arms were so small, so its head could be larger and have more muscle so it was balanced out with the back half of its body. But if you say the Spnio had long arms and a long snout but it had balance, it had balance because more then half its body length was its tail, that was to balance it out.

Please give your views on the movies, i like them all i just think JP3 was a huge let down to the series.
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:04 pm

I have too agree with you. TLW was definatly the pinacle of the sereis.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:18 pm

TLW was the first JP i saw, and probably the best, action-wise. story-wise, JP1 was only slightly better. JP3 was a ridiculously humiliating excuse for a film that shouldn't have even entered Cinemas.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Crusher » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:02 am

I'd have to agree. TLW was good action wise and JP original was better story wise. TLW was also kind of cute cause' the Rexes were searching for their baby.
Crusher is king!
Crusher
Worm
Worm

Postby Dinonerd » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:40 am

Yes, thankyou lord! You are the first people to ever absolutely agree to me on a forum, i advise you never to go to www.imdb.com and talk about the movies mostly everyone likes JP3 and hates TLW and thinks JP1 is a bit better then the third. I still think JP is the best but TLW is my second fav film of all time.
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:51 pm

Lol lots of fourms out there are full of *******s. RPGtopia and MG were the first to actually welcome me. In fact I was banned from one forum just beacuase Im Irish! :?
Well I hope you have good time here
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:39 pm

:shock: ...just because you were Irish?! now that's ridiculous! damned prejudiced people! and i thought i had a hard time trying to stop people from calling us arabs a load of terrorists... :roll:
i also got banned on a forum once because i asked a question.... :roll: . at the time, i didn't know what the term "warez" meant, and asked one of the mods after he had given me a warning about a little conversation involving copied CDs [i didn't know about the term "warez" applying to that, at the time. i didn't even know what it meant!]. he warned me for that, and when i asked him to explain a bit to me about what it meant, and how i had violated a rule on the site, he gave me another warning, and a ban soon after! :shock: . now THAT, is something i wouldn't do to anyone, regardless of how much my own life is effecting my mood. obviously, not everyone is like that... :roll:
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Dinonerd » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:01 pm

Banned because your Irish? that is way too harsh. Yeah alot of forums have losers in them, it can get very annoying in those forums.
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:20 pm

Well, I'm proud to say, we are a NICE forum!

But....

If you brake the rules, I kick your ***. *Grabs Ban Hammer*

:twisted:
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:50 pm

if you break the rules 3 times that is.... :roll: ...though there are exceptions....

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:29 pm

It was something to do with his girl freind dumping him in Ireland, I think.
Oh well if theres mods like that around I wouldnt want to be on the site anyway. ON TOPIC: I thought the smart raptors, though un-realistic, were preety cool.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby mega raptor » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:33 pm

Indeed. They were ridiculous, and they needed an explanation for why they were so differant from the ones in the first two. But, considering how Johnston had already screwed up the movie, I doubt that it would have made sense.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm

which is the reason behind RPGT's ISSRPG explanation: they were mutants, consuming chemicals used in the genetic work done on the dino DNA on Isla Sorna, causing them to mutate grotesquely, losing their sanity, but becoming faster, more intelligent, and stronger in the process. sure, it's WAY out of possible JP canon quality, but it keeps the plot hole covered inside the RPG, and gives the players something to use as target practice :P .
anyway, back on topic: the overpowered Spino is probably one of the things i hated the most. what predator in real life would chase prople half way across the island for a snack? i mean COME ON! GET REAL! why would it do that?! RIDICULOUS! :roll:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:49 am

:roll: Duhh. its a hit-Spino.
At some point before they reached the Island.
Someone said something which anneoyed an animal and so on until eventually someone dials 888-DIAL-A-SPINO-927
And he doesnt stop until eventually burnt to death. The animals then called some of their cousins who got the bird things to attack them.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:53 am

LOL! too true! i wouldn't be surprised if they did in Johnston's messed up world! :lol:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:02 am

Hey don't dis Johnson! I mean he was obviously not the right guy for JP, but he has had good movies. Like "October Sky". But yes, when I saw the trailer for JP3 I was wondering what the main carivore was, I thought obviouslt it wasn't Spinosaurus, but then it was. And I mean, COME ON! They would have been better off haveing Barney as the main catnivore. I hope JP4 is ten times better.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby chook151 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:17 am

i have heard JP4 has a green logo, i didnt like the red much, they might be starring giga in it too, go JP4! :D
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:38 am

adding more carnivores into the mix is probably the most ridiculous idea i could think of. i mean, even in the RPG, for me to justify the number of different types of dinos, i had to make the island more than 5-10 times the size! Sorna's ecosystem is bad enough as it is. any more dinos and they may as well nuke the place. somehow, i have a feeling they may be changing the idea of dinos in the city. it'd just be like San Diego. constant chaos. and THAT, i guarantee you, will be the killing point of the JP series. most likely, if they DO put it off the island, it'll be somewhere in the Amazon. people reporting a large number of strange, almost mythical creatures, attacking people. or simply people going missing, never to be seen again. government isolates the Amazon for the safety of the people, and send in some scientists [JP characters, likely to include Alexa [or is it Alexia? cant remember :roll: ], as well as a few others...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby chook151 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:00 pm

i think they only see giga once, when its in the river with spino, i think its going to be there.
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:04 pm

AHEM TOPIC TITLE IS TLW V JP3 create a topic on Jp4 if you want to talk about that.
I think the interduction if Site B in the TLW world was a good idea but does anyone know where JP3 was?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Next

Return to General Movies