Movie reviews and discussion.

Postby HorseGal » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:15 pm

Anybody ever see this movie yet? It is suppose to be very good and has my favorite actor in it. Gerard Butler! It is about a spartan King named Leonidas who brings 300 spartans to fight with him against the persians. It just hit 70mil. in the box office and became the first blockbuster of 2007. I really want to see this movie! There are some very good reviews on it. :D
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:42 am

"Madness? This... is... SPARTA!"
"Boom..."

hehe... I love this movie, if only I could see it. :P Too bad it's R, I can't watc extreamly gory R movies. It sucks. Looks like a good movie though. I like the style, it all just seems awsome.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:42 am

i knew this one would be put up eventually. it's been talked about on all our Radiostations lately. i cant get into the car without hearing them saying thigs like "300 has hit 70 Million and is the first blockbuster of 2007. go watch it!" :P . when i have time, i'll have a look at it...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:05 pm

I havnt heard a word about it actually........
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby HorseGal » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:54 am

It's being very sucessful and it looks absolutely stunning! Tyrant, I love that part of the trailer...and when he says, "Tonight...we dine...in HELL!" That man sure can yell a lot. :lol:
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:02 am

Well my freind saw it, and he hasn't stopped raveing about saiters and decapitations, and as well, how horrible he thought the movie was. That won't discourage me, I still want to see it.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby HorseGal » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:56 pm

I saw the movie last sunday with my dad and thought that it was amazing. The acting was spectaculer and the battle scenes were beautifully depicted. I was crying by the end of the movie.
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:50 am

Lucky...
My parents bind me to strict rules. No R movies involveing war and intense violence. Otherwise I have to watch the movie with them.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:48 pm

I saw this movie 2 days ago and all I got to say is: WOW!

It was VERY good, though I don't believe the Spartans were "good" guys as they portrayed them. But anywho, I would DEFINATELY give it a 5/5 10/10 anything. I recommend this to anyone who loves history, fighting, or poking with a long, sharpened stick :D .
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:53 pm

*mimics tribe of cannibals while shaking long sharpened sticks and clubs*
HUNGA BUNGA HUNGA BUNGA! :P :lol:
from what i've heard of it, it's really worth watching. anyone know when it'll be out on DVD?
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:01 pm

Soon, DVDs are being realised very quickly lately to prevent piracy.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby HorseGal » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:43 pm

There's nothing on the DVD release for it yet, but I'm guessing that 300 is going to stay in the theaters for either part of April or until May, since it has been so popular in the Box office. After seeing it, I would like to get it on DVD!
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:16 am

Don't rub it in. HMPH! *goes to rom to pout*
Meh I'll see the decapitations when I'm older. But I won't see those overly gorey movies. Like SAW. Ugh, that movie is just an excuse for massive ammounts of blood.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:55 am

Watch troy. Great film with lots of blood and swords every where. + just watch the film any way, how are your parents going to stop you?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:41 am

damn...i have a problem. there aren't many decent DVD shops here. an incredible the number of pirate shops that are around here. the government is cracking down on it lately, and some people just dont buy them. personally, i preffer originals. the quality is unmatched. the only times i'll lower miself that low is when a game isn't being produced and isn't available as an original anymore. REALLY old games, like EA's Future Cop: L.A.P.D.. those are the only ones i'll buy pirated versions of, because they aren't being produced and are not available as good quality originals anymore...

Troy was good...well, the bits of it i saw...im hoping 300 will come out as a DVD here in Kuwait, because the film will be entering and leaving theaters while im doing exams :( ...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:45 am

:shock: How many F****** exams do you get?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:54 pm

quite alot. from the responses, i'd say more than the States do. i have 2 exams tomorrow, a set of 13 exams starting Sat 7th and ending Mon 23rd, then maybe 2-5 weeks of studying, riddled with mini exams [small 5 mark ones. not major] and then 1-2 weeks off to study for the finals, which begin somewhere during mid-June. 13 exams, like this set, except each exam has between 10 and 15 pages, and take up whole 200 page books, in Science [both the Geo and Chem branches, with 2 exams each. Bio and Physics were done last term (pre-Feb)], Maths, Arabic, English, Constitution, P.E [yes, we have written exams AS WELL AS physical], Religion [Both Qur'an related exam, and Islam in General exam, with a 150-200 page book each], PC studies and Geog/History [both mixed into one subject: Social Studies]. we have 4 main sets of exams a year, with 17 exams each [13 written normal exams out of the books, and 4 physical exams, for Chem, Geo, PC and Qur'an]. the exams come in 13 exam groups, with 4 chosen at certain times prior or after the main 13 exam groups...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:28 pm

By what you just said I'm sure highschool and college are going to be liveing hell for me. :shock:
Doc 42: My parents have WAYS of stopping me, very specific ways. Mabye even horrible ways.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:32 pm

well, if you went to Highschool here, that would be hell. you guys get it very easy in the states :roll: . not too sure about Ireland, the UK, Belgium and other places...but i do know that the States system is easier...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:48 pm

Ireland we get two main exam periods, around december, and then just before we get summer holidays. We have long exams on all subjects. I ussally start studying a week before the exams start and I still have a passing averege. AND last year I got like 2 "A"s and 3 "B"s. now thats what i call results, the rest were Ds and Cs
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Next

Return to General Movies