Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Movie reviews and discussion.

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:31 am

Well, I may get killed for this, but this movie was sadly disapointing. For me anyways. I'll wait for KP to watch it before posting why.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:34 pm

I believe KP already saw it. So....talk away.

I hated how the Kraken had .5 seconds of movie time, and he wasn't even alive!
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:20 pm

what if....the monster was linked to the Captain. Davy Jones had the Kraken as his pet...maybe Will has a Leviathan! :D or maybe an even bigger Kraken!

you know, it's wierd how Davy looked like Captain Teaque [Jack's dad and keeper of The Code]. you'd think he was Jack's grandfather. only problem with that is it wouldn't explain why Jack and his dad weren't on Davy's side.
i see a perfect chance for a PotC4 here...

10 Years have past since Davy Jones was killed. Calypso has cursed the seas and now few can sail through it safely. the only one who can stop it is Will Turner, Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Turner. they embark on a mission: to return Will his ability to freely walk on land, and to recapture Calypso to regain the freedom to sail on the seas without her accursed monsters. Will has a single weapon to face Calypso's monsters: The Leviathan, a creature born from the corpse of the Kraken after Will took control of the Flying Dutchman. at the same time, through a miracle, Cutler Becket survived, falling into the water just as the Endeavor blew up, and landing on a sail which floated away from the burning wreckage. after being washed onto an island and being found by the Royal Navy, by his son, Richard Beckett, the new Governor of Port Royal, Cutler Beckett begins to prepare an enormous fleet to hunt down and destroy every pirate, now equipped with the latest naval weaponry. meanwhile, an American named James Halloway, nicknamed Cutthroat James due to his cold hearted treatment and treachery against employers who dont give him what he asks, has set his eyes on the story of the Dead Man's Chest. planning to take it and use it to get everything he wants from the Americans, and then the English, he will do anything he needs to to get hold of it...

i know some of it isn't original, but hey, it could work...comments?
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:38 pm

Sounds like a good plot.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby dinoman666 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:40 pm

Looks good.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:29 pm

Ya...but the next one will likely be about Will's son.
TyrannoTitan

Postby HorseGal » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:25 pm

Yay! KP finally saw POTC3!
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:29 pm

I thought the movie was better then CotBP and DMC.
TyrannoTitan

Postby HorseGal » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:31 pm

Me too, it was the best movie there, though I was sad at the end when Will got stabbed. It's kind of like a tragic romance...Will can only see Elizabeth once every ten years.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:34 pm

Ya...

I'm SO glad I waited until after the credits.

KP didn't see it. I told him though.
TyrannoTitan

Postby HorseGal » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:35 pm

I loved the after credit scene! The music was breathtaking too.
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:36 pm

It was odd seeing Davy as a human :shock:
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:44 pm

i agree with tt. davy jones didn't look diffrent as a human. he looked similair to the for he is mostly seen in.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:45 pm

Ya.

Though, I feel bad for the Kraken :cry:
TyrannoTitan

Postby HorseGal » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:48 pm

Poor, poor Kraken. That was a cool creature! I mad at Beckett. :x
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:53 pm

Ya.

Maybe its because it reminds me of the Trex in JP3, but I feel really bad about it. It had such a GIANT part in DMC and now it was simply found dead...
TyrannoTitan

Postby HorseGal » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:55 pm

Well, at least Beckett died...
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:58 pm

Thank god...

He was an ***.

My favorite character would have to be Davy or Jack.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Screaming Eagle » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:15 am

The Kingpin wrote:what if....the monster was linked to the Captain. Davy Jones had the Kraken as his pet...maybe Will has a Leviathan! :D or maybe an even bigger Kraken!

you know, it's wierd how Davy looked like Captain Teaque [Jack's dad and keeper of The Code]. you'd think he was Jack's grandfather. only problem with that is it wouldn't explain why Jack and his dad weren't on Davy's side.
i see a perfect chance for a PotC4 here...

Except Will Turner will not be returning for a fourth movie.

And Davy Jones as far as we know didn't have any kids. And It's not that he looks like Jack's dad, it's just that he was an expert sailor, a great one.

Makes a good fanfic.

10 Years have past since Davy Jones was killed. Calypso has cursed the seas and now few can sail through it safely. the only one who can stop it is Will Turner, Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Turner. they embark on a mission: to return Will his ability to freely walk on land, and to recapture Calypso to regain the freedom to sail on the seas without her accursed monsters. Will has a single weapon to face Calypso's monsters: The Leviathan, a creature born from the corpse of the Kraken after Will took control of the Flying Dutchman. at the same time, through a miracle, Cutler Becket survived, falling into the water just as the Endeavor blew up, and landing on a sail which floated away from the burning wreckage. after being washed onto an island and being found by the Royal Navy, by his son, Richard Beckett, the new Governor of Port Royal, Cutler Beckett begins to prepare an enormous fleet to hunt down and destroy every pirate, now equipped with the latest naval weaponry. meanwhile, an American named James Halloway, nicknamed Cutthroat James due to his cold hearted treatment and treachery against employers who dont give him what he asks, has set his eyes on the story of the Dead Man's Chest. planning to take it and use it to get everything he wants from the Americans, and then the English, he will do anything he needs to to get hold of it...
Good fanfic but horrible for Pirates 4. Elizabeth and Will aren't coming back. Beckett died. Cutthroat James seems to replace Norrington.. ehh bad movie. Good Fanfic.

-Screaming Eagle
Screaming Eagle
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:43 am

Why won't Will be returning?
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to General Movies