Cloverfield

Movie reviews and discussion.

Cloverfield

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:23 am

Monster Movie by J.J. Abrams.

Filmed from a civilian's camera during a monster attack, it seems very interesting and unique. The monster itself, is yet to be announced. Some say its Zilla, some say it isn't.

Trailer.
Monster Footage.
Possible Monster Appearence.

Despite my previous evidence of it being Zilla, I now believe it to be the monster from the Photobucket picture. The monster footage shows something with a hunched or large back, and that is definately not Zilla...
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:44 pm

When I first saw the early trailer, I thought it was a natural disaster movie. Of course, now it looks like it's going to be even better!

And yes, TT, that is probably the best description of the monster so far.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:09 pm

Its disappointing actually. I wanted a Zilla 2...

But the whale creature looks great aswell. Not to mention the movie looks really creepy, which is good for a giant monster movie.
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:36 pm

I doubt there would've been a second Zilla movie. They made the animated series instead, so it was doubtful Zilla would've reappeared.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby C S » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:31 pm

DAYUM! no wonder Statue of liberty's head went ZOOOM!

Zilla could never do that.

whale monster!
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:48 pm

It could have been some sortve beam attack, godzilla style. that would explain the huge explosion
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby C S » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:49 pm

and so would the military taking action, stepping on a car, oil tanker, or a building collapsed due to being hit by a large

WHALE MONSTER!
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:12 am

Ya, the Whale Monster could've easily smacked the head into the city.

And Doc, it can't be a beam. There are slash marks on the Statue of Liberty's neck, which indicates a physical attack.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:32 am

In the promostional picture the statue of liberty seems to have scorch marks in the form of claw marks. So this could meen it has some sort of beam, but it just could be the shadeing. Thats just a note on the beam thing. Just so you know.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:39 am

O_o

A beam that inflicted claw-shaped wounds?

:P
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:41 am

Well, they were burn like. You saw the picture you should know. Mabeh he has fists of flame. :P But were ever there was damage to the statue it looked like there was burn marks.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:05 am

Still, seems like just a slash to me.

Whatever the monster is, the movie still seems amazing and very well done. Hopefully it IS amazing when released...
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:10 am

Yeah. Movies have a knack these days for haveing an amazing trailer, and a horrible movie. But it's by the guy who did lost. I think we can expect good things.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:18 pm

look at the pic, the monster louse. On an average whale, there are thousands of em. On this, they are big as a human

tht means, thousands of giant monster lice!

also, look at the trailer page, the statue of liberty does have scratch marks. It was a physical attack after all
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:12 pm

Yes, the Monster Louse would also explain the scuttling heard in the trailer.

And the whale's back explains the giant hump in the second link. I really think its the whale monster.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:14 pm

and also, in the monster footage, you can see the stretched membrane neck skin before it ends
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:51 am

The maker of the picture said that it was just fan art. It's not really the monster, but it looks pretty close.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:53 am

Okay no pictural evidence here but I think I saw the monster in another shot. It's either right before, or right after the scene in the trailer were you see it's legs, and it has a few army men in it, alot of smoke, and the camera is tilted and has some motion blur. In the dark night sky I see a figure, it looked kind of like Orga, but it does resemble the whalish creature picture, there was shoulders and a chest but not much detail as far as I could see. Ah here we are:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LjQ85Y4JIdY&feature=related

Pause around the 17 second mark and look right below the lamp's light.

And as well I was thinking about the exploding woman in the second trailer and I dunno if you came to this conclusion but I think the monster louse somehow get there eggs inside of humans, so when they hatch they expand thus the exploding.

EDIT: Ah man am I awesome or what guys? Guess what I have in store for you. 5 minutes from the movie PLUS an interview with the director. The cut includes the part were the monster passes through the buildings but we still don't see it. Here is the link:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/to ... hp?id=4017
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/to ... hp?id=4027
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:40 am

well, despite my knowledge being way out of date and my suggestion being stupid but hopeful, it COULD be Zilla afterall...

reasons:
1- how the hell are they going to get rid of it? it sure as hell won't be the military. that killed Zilla's fame.
2- TT's evidence on it possibly being Zilla.
3- even though they made the animated series, that DIDN'T get the kind of wide-spread publicity a true movie would have. it was also a bit too imaginative, even with the sometimes scientific explanations behind it.

bad support of the theory? maybe. but im just keeping in mind that there IS still a large wave of possibilities...could be this is practically an attempt to recreate Japan's style of G movies. enemy seen first, then hero coming in at the end to end it. of course, it'll be a bit more animalistic than that. maybe even [and this is only IF Zilla or another giant monster is in it] territorial behaviour, such as the now-adult Zilla watching it from the water [patrolling it, so to speak], and attacking the Whale Monster when it attacks...

as i said. possibility of this being what it is, is VERY low. but im not wiping it off the list yet...we won't really know until it comes out...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:29 pm

And I bring to you:

====================
SPOILER
====================

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/09/clo ... er-monster

Talks about the monster and some other stuff. Read at your own risk. This IS REAL, and no people, the monster isn't Zilla, its a brand new monster.

I also bring you:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40bgo ... shortfilms

New TV spot. Whats so great about it, you ask? Well, theres another indirect shot of the monster! Now we have seen two indirect, 2 second scenes of it. Looks really awesome.
TyrannoTitan

Next

Return to General Movies