10,000 BC

Movie reviews and discussion.

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:43 am

Zephyr wrote:personally i dont believe much of science because everthing in the universe names theories numbers explanations for why things happen, those were all made up just so we mankind could understand it better

if you could talk to dinosaurs and go back through time and ask a T-rex what its species is called it is not gonna say tyrannosaurus rex we just gave it a name that fits its description thats all we dont know what its called we just need something to call it or mankind will suffer from all consuming chaos...

We just got through with this. Stop going off topic.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:52 am

guys. stay on topic or it'll be locked. this is about a movie. NOT about science and coexistance or religious views or any of that ****. keep your scientific opinions to yourself unless asked, keep your religious views to yourself unless directly asked, and for the last time, stick to the topic! RL, you were the one who pulled the subject off topic in the first place. if you do it one more time, consider it a warning.

back on topic:

the movie looks brilliant. reminds me of 300, but a bit more...primitive. i'm looking forward to seeing it released. i hope it comes out in HD-DVD though...that would make it really worth watching...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Zephyr » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:48 pm

im looking forward to seeing it
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Raptor Llama » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:00 pm

The Kingpin wrote:the movie looks brilliant. reminds me of 300, but a bit more...primitive.

:shock: that's...exactly what I thought...
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Zephyr » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:10 pm

thats weird
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:16 pm

It reminds me a bit more of troy but meh. Still awesome.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:45 pm

Reminded me of Troy aswell, the whole going after the kidnapped girl and then burning down the dudes who took her.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Anaclagon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:22 am

I saw the movie yesterday...wasnt really that good :/

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:38 am

Now I'm one who studies movies as apart of my subject in Visual Arts and of course this movie is definately interesting! I will go see it hopefully soon. Indeed, it's original and another thing: they rarely do any dinosaur films, not since "Night at the Museum" which was 2 years ago. Or any involving prehistoric creatures after the dinosaurs for that matter which is why I'm very keen to see this film. Oh yes, it looks almost very cliched (meaning in other words it's been done before and it does look similiar to 300 in my POV) but hey, you can't judge a book by its cover just like you can't judge a movie by its previews, trailers or reviews. So yes, I will go see this.

Not only that but I love, love, LOVE the CGI effects!
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Personally, I thought the movie was okay, but they apparently overdid it on the Smilodon during advertising. I won't give anything away, but prepared to be disappointed if you wanted to see it in the movie.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:19 am

Still, it does look interesting but hey, it's your opinion.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Anaclagon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:28 pm

I agree DM, anyways it has a nice story, intresting music but it was wasnt like...a Super battle @_@

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby chook151 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:57 am

I loved the bit with the terror birds. But their actions kinda matched the v-rex's from the king kong movie (2005).
Great movie , especially when the god guy gets stabbed by the bonespear.
A pity the guy didn't fight the Saber-tooth though. I was hoping for an all out deathbrawl between the two.
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:16 pm

the full trailer i saw on a internatl plane flight looked like some kickass sh*t, and was the most untamed ive ever seen
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby raptor titanus3 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:30 pm

FEAR THE JUNGLE!
Giant birds are in the movie and they are the scariest things in there! My family rented it and that was the scariest for me
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Previous

Return to General Movies