New Discovery Channel show tries to make Jurassic Park real

Movie reviews and discussion.

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:17 pm

I saw the comerical for this actually yesterday aswell...

And KP, you REALLY think we are going to use WMDs on DINOS?! We'd end up blowing OURSELVES up along with the dinos...

And seriously, there is no way they would get out and populate the world. This isn't jurassic park people, this is REAL LIFE. If this is true, then the dinosaur will probably be kept under government watch constantly. They aren't going to mass produce them, and they aren't going to allow it to escape...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:29 pm

Dolly the sheep lived for a month or two... a fricken SHEEP
If they cloned a rex (which I have no qualm against) it would die within days or hours.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Raptor Llama » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Okay, I don't want to turn this into a scientifical debate, but I don't see the situation the way some see it.

Yes, I know my views are different. My belifs lie in that are animals were created in the same time, and that humans did interact with dinos. Don't turn this into a debate, I'm just stateing my views, just showing you how I see it. I don't want this turned into Natural Selection vs. Intelligant design, so please don't do it.

So, in my view, the rex would be fine with eating modern day animals, but the right type. This is why it's going to be a T.V. show. When it premires they aren't going to go, "OMG let's clone it!" Their going to do some in depth studying, possibly for the first month and possibly the whole first season. When they do it, however, regardless of the lifespan of the rex, man has just made one giant leap. And the discovery channel will be a helluva lot more popular.

So, we feed him the right food. Baby, possibly, small rodent or something. Maybe a rat. That would be a good way to start. I think they'll have to clone a few to experiment on how this is going to live.

Oh, and the reason they breed rex first: It's what they found first. If they found other DNA, they would probualy use that, but they can't find the other DNA yet. Who knows.

Honestly, we don't even know if dinosaurs are extinct yet. There is still plenty of areas never seen by man, and plenty of possible hiding spots. But, I think it's safe to say the rex is gone.

I think they should really consider what DNA to mix with the rex. This could change some very big factors. Possibly it could save it, maybe kill it automaticly. But I really think they should really think about that.

Well, who knows. All we know is, whether it lives long or not, it will come out. If it dies, we still have its body, and can disect it and find out a lot. Maybe a theory or two will fall. Who knows. All we know is a rex is going to be cloned, and that alone is big.

I think Steven Speilberg should definently look at this rex to make JP4. Maybe even record the roar.

Bottom line: Nothing is impossible. this isn't the first time. about 200 years ago the thought of a flying machine was rediculous. Look at this world now. Anything can happen.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:54 pm

No, anything can't happen, thats just the scientists getting cocky. The show is probably about cloneing dinosaurs and the theory behind it. It would probably involve CGI but hey you never know. And I for one think nature should be kept the way it is. I know it won't get out into the wild. But still, it is 65 freaking million years old. We don't know what it was like back then, what it ate or anything of that sort. And now Trex DNA wasn't found first. There is an anatotitan or something like that that was practicly mumified and still had soft tissue, AKA DNA. I belive this will just be theory and no execution, and that i the way I'd like to keep it. And my point is, animals have specific diets for a reason. Less compotition. Even though the rex had size and strength to scare away competitors doesn't meen it still didn't have a specific diet. The meat could be wrong, present day food could make it ill. I don't think we know enough about it to contain it and raise it. It needs a mother, or a father. And if this makes it big and is real, Discovery Channel gets only credit for documenting it. Thats practicly it. THe real credit would go to the people who accomplished it. I belive nature should be kept sacred. Cloneing could or could not be bad. But I don't think we should utilize it so much.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:04 pm

Well, my faith makes me a bit more optomistic, being about the times and diet. Also, something that has nothing to do with that, my sister had Geckos. They died eventually. I have a snake. He has outlived those Geckos by a longshot. Why? Because of stateability. Rex is a very stable animal, musch stedier then snakes or Bearded Dragons. More sturdier than Igwanas. Igwanas need all that to be happy, but they can live with more simple things. If they mixed the rex with just of hint of an intelligant animal's DNA, maybe it would be easier to train. But the rex is extremely sturdy, due to its size. Well, if it lives long enough, here's soem questions that will be answered:

How long rexs lived.

How fast they ran.

Their matabulizm.

And much more. I think they should clone it. I think they should clone near extinct animals as well. But I think releasing rexs in the wild is a pretty bad idea. That would be the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas...
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:10 pm

Just because an animal is big, doesn't mean it's sturdy. There are microscopic animals that can survive the VACUUM OF SPACE. And we don't know anything about Tyrannosaurus, or any dinosaur for that matter, so you can't say it'll survive just because it's big.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:58 am

It would be awesome if they coild, but then you would have to worry about the carnivores or herbivores going on a rampage and destroying the town or city or whatever they were in.
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby C S » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:03 pm

or getting radioactive cacer...erm...mutations....
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:I saw the comerical for this actually yesterday aswell...

And KP, you REALLY think we are going to use WMDs on DINOS?! We'd end up blowing OURSELVES up along with the dinos...

And seriously, there is no way they would get out and populate the world. This isn't jurassic park people, this is REAL LIFE. If this is true, then the dinosaur will probably be kept under government watch constantly. They aren't going to mass produce them, and they aren't going to allow it to escape...

TT: first of all, i was making an example. i KNOW we won't use WMDs on animals, regardless of lethality. it's like using a shotgun on a fly! i was making an example on the fact that we have weaponry. lethal stuff. things that could wipe whole continents off the map. so even if by some off chance this sort of thing did happen [we already know it won't, so don't go ranting about it].

secondly, my point in my previous opinion is that animals that fed off others of it's kind at a time WAAAAAAAAAAY before us may have required certain things within the food. certain kinds of vitamins, certain hormones, certain proteins...etc that simply aren't in living creatures of our scale and our time. likely hood? fairly small, but not impossible. i say there's a strong chance that no matter how much we feed it, and what we feed it, it will still die because of something in the food that isn't appropriate for it, or isn't in adequate supply. the ATMOSPHERE was different back then. and that's on a large scale. imagine how different it must have been in smaller scale!

and RL, despite faith giving one beliefs, there's also science, which, if you haven't noticed, is a PART of the information within the faith, but not given to us through the religion itself, instead being discovered by us. this science is the way the world works. sure, only a fraction of the information is with us, but the science we know is all true. there were time periods, animals lived at varying time periods. Dinosaurs came BEFORE man, and the animals that we see today are around for us to make use of [however, that does not make animal abuse legal, so nobody even try and start an argument on that]. evolution exists, but so does creation. proof: life would never have evolved if it hadn't been CREATED in the first place, right? now, enough on this topic, and back to the Dinosaur.

chances are, as TT said, the Rex will be locked up in safe containment, but also it'll be put in a somewhat natural environment [they'll have a hard time pulling that off without the creatures that are SUPPOSED to be around it. it'll probably require huge amounts of food and will want to actively hunt, and, the way i see it, a goat or cow would be like a wolf hunting a hamster. a bit of food but it still needs more, not to mention the protein requirements and other vitamins. the things they'll need to feed this Rex will make KFC Chicken look natural!]. chances of escape are small, but they'll need powerful sedatives to put it out. too powerful and it's killed or nearly starved and dehydrated. too weak and it won't work. they WILL NOT, if in any way possible, use lethal force, since this thing will probably cost several millions of dollars to produce, and so, my opinion is put forth...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:14 pm

Also, keep in mind that we may not make a rex. That'd be stupid to do. We would make something small first, like a compsognathus. Something that is cheaper to clone than a 40-foot animal.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:15 pm

Well, I just think, well, let's see. I beilive in Naturual selection, which is sorta evalution. The finch's beak change to cope with its enviornment. Humans devellop lungs to better breath air. Who knows, maybe this rex will use it to survive. Maybe the frog DNA will have the things to supply him so he lives. But, I simply don't beilive that Natural Selection went as far as apes turning into humans and all that. Oh, and I beilive the dinosaurus came before man, by one day.

So, I beilive the two species have seen each other a long time ago. Heck, I've heard reports that raptors are still alive in the west. One especially convincing report was one my friend gave me, and he was like, well extremely serious. In fact, I asked him if he was serious, so he says: "If I wasen't, I wouldn't be telling you this right now." He said it was, well, a creature resembleing a velociraptor. And that's just one report. I've heard a report about some guy seeing a Raptor while he was driving. All in the western US. I live in the east, so, ah well.

Well, watched the commercial again, it's a bumble bee. And the official title is: Dinosaurus: Return to life? It airs Feburary 17 9 pm Eastern coast time. So, I hope the government isn't just plain stupid and tries to use it as a weapon, although the chances of that happening are like one million to one, seeing we already have WOMD. And guns. So, I don't count on that. But, there are some pretty messed up people in the world that run for president, or other important office party, but that would be a very, very, VERY bad idea. And I highly doubt it happening. But, prehaps another country will want the rex, or something. But, this could be bigger than men walking on the moon.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:17 pm

Maybe this raptor you speak of was actually some other animal. Raptors aren't exactly very large, and they have a similar body structure to other animals.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:19 pm

dinoman666 wrote:Maybe this raptor you speak of was actually some other animal. Raptors aren't exactly very large, and they have a similar body structure to other animals.

That is a possilbility. He said it had the killer claws, but shock can do a lot... he also said it had feathers, so who knows.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:31 pm

Feathers aren't evidence. For all we know, it could have been a roadrunner.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:38 pm

dinoman666 wrote:Feathers aren't evidence. For all we know, it could have been a roadrunner.

I wasen't saying it is, I was just stateing the description. Now a roadrunner does sound like a possible suspect...
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Exactly my point.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Legendary Elite » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:59 pm

Maybe he was looking through the rear mirror of his car whilst driving that made him go bonkers.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Raptor Llama » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:43 am

Legendary Elite wrote:Maybe he was looking through the rear mirror of his car whilst driving that made him go bonkers.

No, he was taking a walk outside of a camp, when he heard a sound.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:50 am

I think it's bogus personally. How could such an animal of that size not be noticeable by now?
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:05 am

how could the megamouth shark or coelocanth stay hidden for so long? same thing. only difference was different environment...

we are finding new species on a nearly weekly basis. what's to say we're not missing something? i'm not saying there ARE Dinosaurs around, but i'm not saying there aren't, either. that so called "Raptor" was probably a roadrunner. Mokle-Mbembe in Africa could've been anything. but there are alot of sightings by the Natives of the area it was sighted that give descriptions of Sauropod-like creatures. and yet, the Natives weren't educated in Paleontology to my best guess, and these sightings date back a while. is it real? maybe. is it just an Elephant? doubtful, seeing as they'd probably be able to tell the difference...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to General Movies