Disney Films!

Movie reviews and discussion.

Disney Films!

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:07 pm

Okay, what;s your favourite disney film? I think mine would have to be the lion king. It just kicks ***! :P

I would do a poll, but it would be too long, :lol:
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby mega raptor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:40 pm

POTC 1 and 2, hands down. Jack's hilarious, and the supernatural elements feel so real.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:03 pm

definately with mega raptor on that one. i wish i could keep to that funny, light-hearted personality in the PotCRPG, but school seems to dull my mood to the point where i'm in the mood to hurt someone...

after PotC 1&2, the Lion King 1, then Disney's Dinosaur [i used to like it when it came out. i just wish they would make a good part 2. i'd still watch it if it was interesting enough...
after that....uhhhh.....what else is there? :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:54 pm

INDEED :D
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby o-eternal-o » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:32 pm

I agree with POTC. Both of them were great. I film i remember from my childhood years is 'The Land Before Time' I can't actually remember if it's disney or not. I think it is. I only ever saw the first one and i loved it. I love the T-rex scenes, :P
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby HorseGal » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:25 pm

POTC for me, hands down. But my favorite animated disney film will have to be Lion King.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby One of Them » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:54 am

Pirates!

Anyway, The Lion King is bad*ss
They're afraid of me, they should be - River Tam
One of Them
Worm
Worm

Location: Hiding under my bed sheets conspiring ways to take over the world

Postby Peter the Reaper » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:04 pm

The Lion King hands down.
It was hand drawn and painted (only a few scenes in cgi), had a very compelling story and dealt with emotions.
Despite the attribution of human characteristics as emotions and feelings are still animals. Usually bipedal body gesture is used to depict emotions, even in animals, but you can't do that when at the same you are showing lions, hyenas, birds... And, in TLK, you have an excelent balance between humanoid representations and animal behaviour. It reaches a near-perfect blend between fiction and reality, with a very, very moving story, and one of the best soundtracks made for a movie, also not to miss is how perfectly the music blends with what is happening at the same time.
The scenarios are also some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen, with representations of several of Africa's biomes.
So, despite I thoroughly enjoyed the first POTC, The Lion King just has more meaning to me than POTC will ever have.
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:08 pm

DL! What brings you to Kingpin's wonderful site? :wink:

I only seen The Lion King when i was small and i lost the video, which really annoyed me. I loved the film so much but i never got round to obtaining another copy.
But, i think it was last year, i watched a theatre performance of it. It was a really high class performance, the best i have ever seen. The quality of the acting was superb, and the voice of Rifiki as she sung (yes, it was a woman) was absoloutly amazing. The actors had masks which hung above their heads, which, when they leant slightly forward, the masks would fall down over their face but still leaving a gap for a clear view of facial expressions.
The scene where Mufasa died was so emotional. The stampede worked really well too. Not to mention the scene changes. Pride rock would revolve out of the floor and the hyena's place was really eerie.

This was Mufasa. Shows the mask

The woman who was the cheetah in this picture was amazing. She walked exaclty like the cheetah. She did amazing things, as for when the cheetah reared up, her back bended all the was backwards to the floor. There were wires which conected her head to the cheetahs, and her arms controlled the cheetahs arms. The giraffe's were really cool too. But you can tell that i liked the Cheetah :wink:

Mufasa and Simba conversing on pride rock.

I'll try and find some others, that is, if anyone's interested :P
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby HorseGal » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:30 pm

That looks so cool, ERC. I want to go see that sometime. I heard it's a really fantastic performance.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:29 pm

It is. Really is. I would recommend it to anyone living in the UK.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Peter the Reaper » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:41 am

eternal_rocker_chick wrote:It is. Really is. I would recommend it to anyone living in the UK.

HAHA! I knew you were a brit!
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:21 am

well, it is kinda obvious from the way she spells some words, like colour. americans say color. Brits say colour, as in mine and ERC's cases.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Peter the Reaper » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Well, duh sherlock :P
Still, the way one writes doesn't equal one's nationality, only hints to it :wink:
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:25 pm

well Duh! :lol:
you can say it anyway you like, it still points to one thing: people who spell words the british way have been taught the British way, and therefore are Brit's, even if only partly [as in only visually, not physiclly or verbally]. people who write it the american way, well, they could be anybody! :lol:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby HorseGal » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:21 am

My friend rights both the american and british way. She used to live in England for some time, then moved here. She wants to move back there, but to Ireland. I want to go to England too. Either that or Scotland. It's looks beautiful there.
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby Peter the Reaper » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:57 am

The Kingpin wrote:well Duh! :lol:
you can say it anyway you like, it still points to one thing: people who spell words the british way have been taught the British way, and therefore are Brit's, even if only partly [as in only visually, not physiclly or verbally]. people who write it the american way, well, they could be anybody! :lol:

So, simply because I prefer writing in a british fashion (rather taste than knowledge), I am a british? Even tho I never lived or even stepped into the UK?
Still, going to the UK is a long time wish of mine, sadly, opportunity never arose... :(
Perhaps next year.
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:28 am

well, judging by your age, Pete, i'm surprised you don't go off alone one year, check the place out, and go back to Portugal...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:49 pm

Hey hey hey, wait a second. You guys WANT to come to England? You must be mad. It it ever does is rain :wink:
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:46 pm

it'd be a change from the constant sunny 39-40 degree C weather we're having! :lol:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Next

Return to General Movies