I am Legend

Movie reviews and discussion.

I am Legend

Postby Raptor Llama » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:07 pm

I'm going go see it soon. Getting it out of the library. Dosen't have something to do with zombies?
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:09 pm

Mutants.

But anyway, I LOVED this movie. It was great, it was extreme and tense to the very end.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:09 pm

Vampires, Vampire like people spawned by a virus
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Book = Vampires.

Movie = Mutants.

Still awesome though. Makes me want to read the book...
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:12 pm

i read the book. the book's ending was better in my opinion.Will Smith's performance was funny, especally with the mannaquins

"FRED ARE YOU REAL!?"
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:36 am

I just saw it. It was awesome, action-packed. Kept making my mom scream, lol. And I loved the ending. Guess I should consider reading the book too.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:48 pm

watched it a few days ago. the best film i've seen in a good while. really strong emotionally. it's among those movies that have good action, can be related to [if you've ever been alone for more than a few hours :P , or, on a more serious note, ever lost a loved one], and can make you really feel sorry for the characters involved. i REALLY wish i could talk about scenes within the movie, but i don't want to spoil it for anyone...
Overall: Outstanding Performance. If you have had even the slightest amount of doubt in this movie's potential, forget it and go watch it. it had the right amount of comedy, sadness, action and of course, a hint of vengeance mixed in. it's hard to get such a good combination in movies these days. most of them have ***, drugs and/or booze in them. this one had Bob Marley's music...REALLY classy. i wish there were more movies around these days with the kind of clean, pure quality shown in I Am Legend...it'd really raise the standards of the movie industry...

and lol HF. your mum must be rather sensitive to hings like this. my 11 year old sis and 7 year old bro were watching, and didn't even squeek! :lol:
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Well it was just me and my mom, alone in the house, with the lights off... XD and yes, she is sensitive about things like this. She screams at cleverly placed plastic bugs.

Anyways, I think my favorite part had to be towards the end. That was one truely dedicated scientist.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:15 pm

A captian will always go down with his ship, HF....they all ways do...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:27 pm

The acting and camera work was suppreme. Very well done. However, overall, I didn't like the film. I suppose I was expecting something different and what I got instead didn't match up. And as for being scary.... I missed some of the more tense scenes from having a cloud of blonde hair in my face. -_-
My freinds scare easily.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Zephyr » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:47 pm

it was...okay to me

i just didnt like the ending it was good but movies dont have to end with martyrdom all the time, im not a fan of that kind of stuff
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Warlock93 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Loved it. The alternative ending was better, but it was missing something...
The three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Hopeflower » Sun May 04, 2008 4:54 pm

There was an alternate ending? I'd like to see it sometime.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Shade » Sun May 25, 2008 1:24 am

I'm sorry about this everyone, but I didn't like it at all! Those things were freaking scary!! Plus, it wasn't really mutants, they sort of just turned into cannibals because of a virus. The only thing I liked about it was the ending. Once again sorry.
Sugar. Spice. Everything twice. I'm the left and the right, in a word: Nice.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby C S » Sun May 25, 2008 1:26 am

Shade, that was basically a mutation, and you have the right to voice your opinion here
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Shade » Sun May 25, 2008 1:30 am

Thanks Compy.
Sugar. Spice. Everything twice. I'm the left and the right, in a word: Nice.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby RPGTopiadude » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:45 am

i would of had anyone else die and take the place of Samantha the dog
RPGTopiadude
Worm
Worm

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:18 pm

you can view the alternate ending right here: http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/05/ ... s-amazing/

got a chance to watch it. Amazing. Great acting, amazing sites of an empty NYC. Well, nothing like the book, even though I haven't read it, I've heard of it. The theme is changed. But what I like about the alternate ending is that it gives more of an attempt to maintain the original theme.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:59 am

I've seen the alt ending, not as good as the ending they used in the movie, not nearly as epic. Still an awesome movie.

The Fred part is hilarious :P
TyrannoTitan

Postby Raptor Llama » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:26 pm

I enjoy the fred remix, :)

some guy at my school took it very seriously and said "That part wasn't funny he thought those things were real." lol.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Next

Return to General Movies