Short Films for Media Studies...

Movie reviews and discussion.

Short Films for Media Studies...

Postby Legendary Elite » Thu May 08, 2008 9:27 am

Ok well basically me and my Media Class went to Woodman's Point, Media Camp in other words (I mentioned this a while ago) to film our Short Films. Well we got to rate them a week ago (this is way after they were finished) and here is one of them that was posted on Youtube by the group who filmed it which was my friends Chung, Kyle, Charlie and Nathan (I'm in another group). There one was probably the worst but definately the funniest, there is a different version of it than the one on Youtube but it had copyright issues. Still this does have flaws as for a number of reasons:

1. Copyright-you need permission or invent your own music and logos etc

2. Technical Flaws-Script seen lying next to Chung in the scene where he collapses.

3. Plot-THERE IS NONE! :lol: Basically they thought it up organically as they went along, no real planning involved.

But hey, it's not too bad. 4/10 would be my rating. Anyway, I know you guys might enjoy laughing your heads off at it so here it is, it is called "Just Imagine":

Just Imagine

Honestly the main reasons I cracked up laughing was because it was lame without any plot and 2, my friend Nathan was dressed up as a teletubby and he is quite a funny guy that we all like to tease (me and my friends tease each other but especially me, still we are all good people).

Oh and WATCH THE TAKES! You'll love them.

And in case you are wondering in the end who yelled out "Run Fatboy Run!" to Chung, yep, that was yours truly! :D

The cast in this is (character names are unknown):

Chung Ng-The protagonist in this and a subject to some ebil experiment.

Nathan Glover-The teletubby and antagonist in this film where he's an experiment from the area.

Charles Arnold-A random guy on a scooter who becomes a victim to the teletubby.

Kyle (forgets sirname)-Camerman during fliming, but mainly a villainous person (possibly the main antagonist) who's identity is anomynous except for a voice pulsating over a line of electricity. He isn't seen in this version, in the other version he is.

Ok now I know this would probably go into "Cool Videos" thread but I'd rather it here so I can post the rest of the short films here (or those I get access to other than mine which will be here later! :D)
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Lolburst » Thu May 08, 2008 11:40 am

Well, i would say, that the camera lagged in some spots, and there was lighting issues, such as massive lens flares appearing. It was pretty much vague all the time.
Lolburst
Worm
Worm

Postby Legendary Elite » Thu May 08, 2008 11:44 am

Yes, very observant of you with the flares. The whole camera lagging isn't shown on the DVD, probably just happened when uploading onto Youtube. Still, it's not a BIG issue.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Return to General Movies