Which do you think is smarter and why?

Sorna Raptors
55%
Nublar Raptors
45%

Total votes : 11

Isla Nublar Raptors VS Isla Sorna Raptors

Postby C S » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:55 pm

They are the same species, yes, their DNA has been tampered to make them more tame for Jurassic Park, yes. But the claim has been that because of this, they are...well....TWL made this claim rise

I think the raptor's adapted to the enviroment. The Isla Nublar raptors have been training them selves to break out. Robert Muldoon from JP1 said the raptors tested the fenses when feeders came. The raptor in the beginning attacked when the feeders and gaurd least expect, most likely learning the routine for the best time to strike. When they opened the door, well, details are sketchy around that...but there is still a chance they learnt that too

The Isla Sorna raptors were already free and no need to do the above. It doesnt mean they are less intelligant than the nublars

Sources: JP1, JP websites such as JPL and some excerpts from the book
Last edited by C S on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:07 pm

1. call them Brutalis (JP1, TLW) and Efficientis (JP///, feathers on head) so ppl dont get confused, thinking TLW raptors were the same as JP1 but still isla sorna, so to everyone, the debate is not between sorna and nublar, its TLW & JP1 raptors vs JP/// raptors
2. i didnt mean which was smarter just in terms of human technology, the efficientis species just generally have more common sense and learn & adapt better, and there was technology on that island too when IG still was working there :P
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby C S » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Doesnt matter, Nublar brutalis opened doors

there were doors on sorna yet the brutalis there didnt know how to open them and had to dig.... :P
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:18 pm

whatever, i agree with u about sorna brutalis, i voted for sorna efficientis, thats y i said change the option to Brutalis or Efficientis, cause i still class the JP and LW raptors as the same, their knowledge is just different due to different circumstances growing up
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby C S » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:22 pm

The effic- what evers are smarter, they set raps and planned their attacks so they arnt an option, im keeping it to the brutais'
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:25 pm

ohhh, gotcha, then i agree completely, end of topic... back to the e war :twisted:
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:07 pm

First, this will be moved to General Movies, because its about JP.

Second, Nublar and Sorna raptors are basically the same. Their were two raptors on Sorna, the "theme park monster" and the true raptors (JP3 raptors). Nublar had the tamer versions, for obvious reasons.

Or, that's my belief anyway. I just think Spielberg changed the design for random reasons.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:11 pm

they are basically the same, infact, they are the same, its that I think because of the envroment they were in, they adapted. The nublar ones found out how every thing worked and the sorna ones..well, were animals
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:40 am

didnt i just say that like 3 posts back??? whatever, you can lock this if u want i think were done debsting, unless u want other pple opinions as well :P
change the pole questions to TLW vs JP1 raptors, i asked around ppl think u mean JP1 vs JP/// raptors :P
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby SuperNerd » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:36 am

i think the nublar ones are smarter because they figuered out how to open doors and outsmart people. :twisted:
SuperNerd

Postby Raptor Llama » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:29 pm

I find it hard to believe that I am the first to notice the topic is called Isla Sorna Raptors VS Isla Sorna raptors. I would fix that if I were you. :) I would post more, but I'm busy. But I will return.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Return to General Movies