Batman: The Dark Knight

Movie reviews and discussion.

Batman: The Dark Knight

Postby mega raptor » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:11 pm

I can't believe there hasn't been a topic for this yet, but here we go...

This movie opens not long after Batman Begins, and details how Batman's nemesis, the Joker, brings Gotham City into anarchy as Batman and his more legitimate allies, police officer Gordon and district attourney Harvey Dent battle against him and the mob that hired him.

In general, the movie is well-plotted and generally surprising, though there are a few scenes that are a bit odd and the Joker seems to be able to teleport explosives into whatever space the plot needs them to be. Speaking of which, the Joker is pretty much the star of the show, overshadowing even Batman. He comes off as a twisted, disturbed, ingenious anarchistic and I found myself wishing he appeared more often. A particularly excellent scene involves the Joker breaking into a mobster meeting and preforming one of the most entertaining magic tricks I've ever had the chance to see.

Anyways, before this grows into a review of novelistic proportions, I'm going to finish this up and simply say: go see it.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Anaclagon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:34 pm

It was an awesome movie..watched it last night. And of course..the "magic trick" was very entertaining.

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby SuperNerd » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:33 am

This was one of the best movies i have ever seen. A breath of fresh air :P better then batman and robin damn you Joel Schumacher :x
SuperNerd

Postby Buwx » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:06 am

BEST. MOVIE. EVER.

Enough said... I'd be surprised if it doesn't get movie of the year.
"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just... do things." - The Joker
Buwx
Mosquito
Mosquito

Return to General Movies