Whale wars

Movie reviews and discussion.

Whale wars

Postby Raptor Llama » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:17 am

Talk about controversial...
If you haven't heard of it already, Whale Wars is a show on animal planet. Despite the name, it's probably the best unscripted, not reality game show ever. A contravention group, the sea shepherds, decides to stop a Japanese whaling fleet in the Antarctica. The Japanese claim they are doing it for research, when they are in fact selling the meat for the consumer. The shepherds aren't 100% legal, though. They break laws by jumping on the whaling ships and throwing stink bombs that will contaminate the whale meat and make the ship unlivable. So, they keep on doing it to the whale fleet, and there's a whole lot of other stuff. Well, if you've seen it, talk about it!
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Image
User avatar
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:18 am
Location: NY... I think...

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:21 am

i saw a coming up next kind of ad for it, and i do want to see it, can u explain more like what the general plot is? and is it real or realistic... like... fiction?
Down on your marrowbones and pray!
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:30 am

Postby Raptor Llama » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:04 am

Evil Eye wrote:i saw a coming up next kind of ad for it, and i do want to see it, can u explain more like what the general plot is? and is it real or realistic... like... fiction?


Umm... I'm not sure if you read my post... but this concerns real recording. There is no plot. It's unscripted. It's really happening. It's not fiction at all. It's nonfiction.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Image
User avatar
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:18 am
Location: NY... I think...

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:28 am

o i didnt see unscripted. but when i say plot i mean more generally what is it about
Down on your marrowbones and pray!
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:30 am

Postby C S » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:20 pm

I think it's just an attempt to make the Japanese look bad, sure, killing whales is "bad" (It's really not if it's not mass whaling), but you dont ned to go "dem japanese are teh sux0rz" and even then, if the sheperds aren't legal, why doesnt someone go after them? See?
"Saturn was NOT a Single Lady." - Unknown
User avatar
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish
 
Posts: 20150
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:34 pm

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:58 am

This show is another for those extremists I watched and thought:

Damn these guys are full of it.

WHales are another species

extinction is always going to happen.

Mankind is speeding it up sure. But its only natural.

Yet these people are makeing a big deal out of it.

They ram japanese boats they throw stink bombs they endanger the japanese lives over what?

A whale carcass that'll cost 5 dollars in japanese safeways? COME ON
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
User avatar
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: im in ur couch steelin ur change

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:26 am

Its ignorance TTR. What right do we have to kill off another species to fill our ridiculous needs?

Food that is NEEDED, is one thing. Food for people who simply "Like to eat unique foods", and furs are not needed, and people who promote those things should be shot, simple as that.

I haven't watched this show, but the premise seems interesting, and I applaud their efforts...
TyrannoTitan
 

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:51 am

Compy Scavenger wrote:I think it's just an attempt to make the Japanese look bad, sure, killing whales is "bad" (It's really not if it's not mass whaling), but you dont ned to go "dem japanese are teh sux0rz" and even then, if the sheperds aren't legal, why doesnt someone go after them? See?


If someone (japs) broke Kp's leg with a bat, wouldnt you be annoyed?

If someone (Shepherds) broke CIK's leg with a bat, wouldnt you applaud?
Image
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
User avatar
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator
 
Posts: 8613
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:14 am

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:Its ignorance TTR. What right do we have to kill off another species to fill our ridiculous needs?

Food that is NEEDED, is one thing. Food for people who simply "Like to eat unique foods", and furs are not needed, and people who promote those things should be shot, simple as that.

I haven't watched this show, but the premise seems interesting, and I applaud their efforts...


...

There makeing a living? Can you really put there life in danger for that?

THere efforts are very annoying and dangerous. And innocent people could die for what? One whale killing a day? Not to mention they ruin any resourcefulness that whale could have by ruining the carcasses the carcasses. -_-

And really the only reason all the conversationalists like the show is because it seems like a victory.

THey MAKE the japanese seem like the bad guys when there not.

SO every time the boat is rammed or the stink bomb is thrown the viewer thinks: boy do they deserve that.

You know i have a show idea. Lets videotape the story from the japanese point a view see what its like.

Srsly theres a show were they capture like THOUSANDS of crabs per season every year. Whatsit called? Oh yeah deadliest catch.

I don't see any giant *** sea shepards ramming there boats.

I salute the cause but the execution is all wrong.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
User avatar
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: im in ur couch steelin ur change

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:57 am

Crab is abundant. They wouldn't attack boats that are harvesting food used by many, and the animal itself is not endangered. The idea of this is them protecting endangered species, and over-whaling, not random people trying to collect food.

And if you go after endangered species, I don't give a damn if you do it for money. Its like getting into the drug and crime business: You have a CHOICE, if you CHOOSE to go into it, you are as worthless as a gnat.

Also, its illegal for them to KILL people, obviously. So they wouldn't make a show about it.
TyrannoTitan
 

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:16 am

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:Crab is abundant. They wouldn't attack boats that are harvesting food used by many, and the animal itself is not endangered. The idea of this is them protecting endangered species, and over-whaling, not random people trying to collect food.

And if you go after endangered species, I don't give a damn if you do it for money. Its like getting into the drug and crime business: You have a CHOICE, if you CHOOSE to go into it, you are as worthless as a gnat.

Also, its illegal for them to KILL people, obviously. So they wouldn't make a show about it.


Yet there ramming boats. And throwing stink bombs and poisoning carcasses.

This is nearly threatening the japanese's lives.

If they puncture there boats or accidentally knock a bystander in the water they will drown.

And useually this is in artic climates. Or atlest cold brackish water. Far from shore. The boat sinks its unlikely they wil survive
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
User avatar
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: im in ur couch steelin ur change

Postby C S » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:47 am

I've never seen the show, but judging from what Ive heard and from the promos, they are doing what TTR said they are doing, making the japanese look like capitlising monsters, which I am against, but after hearing they "want full scale whaling" My opinion on the show has wavered a bit. Sure, what they're doing is a step lower than piracy, but their trying to save a species. Either way, the thing I dont want happening is they ramming a ship and somehow causing the fuel/oil on the ship to spill. Then theres a whole new threat to whales and other sea life, eh?
"Saturn was NOT a Single Lady." - Unknown
User avatar
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish
 
Posts: 20150
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:34 pm

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:41 am

TyrantTR wrote:
Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:Its ignorance TTR. What right do we have to kill off another species to fill our ridiculous needs?

Food that is NEEDED, is one thing. Food for people who simply "Like to eat unique foods", and furs are not needed, and people who promote those things should be shot, simple as that.

I haven't watched this show, but the premise seems interesting, and I applaud their efforts...


...

There makeing a living? Can you really put there life in danger for that?

THere efforts are very annoying and dangerous. And innocent people could die for what? One whale killing a day? Not to mention they ruin any resourcefulness that whale could have by ruining the carcasses the carcasses. -_-

And really the only reason all the conversationalists like the show is because it seems like a victory.

THey MAKE the japanese seem like the bad guys when there not.

SO every time the boat is rammed or the stink bomb is thrown the viewer thinks: boy do they deserve that.

You know i have a show idea. Lets videotape the story from the japanese point a view see what its like.

Srsly theres a show were they capture like THOUSANDS of crabs per season every year. Whatsit called? Oh yeah deadliest catch.

I don't see any giant *** sea shepards ramming there boats. I salute the cause but the execution is all wrong.





What the hell? Why, in your eyes, are humans' lives worth more than whales'? What is so special about humans, that they suddenly become more valuable? I'm not saying it is right to kill the japanese, but that doesnt make whaling any better!
Down on your marrowbones and pray!
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:30 am

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:26 am

...

We are a species only naturally are we going to care for our survival more.

I will state my opinion right here because I'm really not ashamed of it.

Species will die.

Deal with it.

Exctinction will happen, it can be mankinds fault but thats just us outcompeteing the other animals, and last I checked thats natural.

The only thing that matters in the end is survival.

And hell if one person can go overboard chances are more than one can. So weigh wich ones you want to live.

1 whale, or about 15 people who could possibly be swept into the cold seas.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
User avatar
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: im in ur couch steelin ur change

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:59 am

Ignorance...

People think because we posses a higher intelligence, means we get the right to kill off other animals. I have information for you: Normal animals don't f*cking kill each other off.

They hunt to SURVIVE, not because they "Prefer the taste of whale". How about shutting the f*ck up and go eat some BREAD? Or how about animals that AREN'T almost extinct?

These people are ramming boats, as it making them stop. They are ruining the meat that is illegally obtained. They aren't THROWING PEOPLE OVERBOARD. Sorry TTR, killing people is illegal, so you can't make a TV SHOW out of it.

If they actually had a tiny chance of killing the fishermen, they would shut down the show. Duh.
TyrannoTitan
 

Re: Whale wars

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:24 pm

http://www.news.com.au/national/japanes ... 6007184366
F*cking FINALLY. While for the wrong reasons, it's good that they're stopping the outdated/disgraceful/plainly retarded practice.
Down on your marrowbones and pray!
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:30 am


Return to General Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron