Godzilla

Movie reviews and discussion.

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:34 pm

Ya. Also, remeber the chase scene with the Copters? He can outrun them, but can't catch up to a cab -_-
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:51 am

Godzill has had some pretty fakey momments too. Rmember Godzilla vs Space Godzilla's most memorable quote?
"NASA couldn't identify it so we susspect it is some sort of giant monster."
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:19 pm

LOL!!

Another thing:

They had to find an english word for some really long Japanese word. What did they come up with?

Bannana oil!
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:05 pm

My problem with the real godzilla or rubber man godzilla, is that hes too strong! Its not exciting watching a invincible monster stomping on everyone. It IS fun when the guys hes stomping on shoot him, so he has to change his tactics.
Also GINO loved eatting fish, GINO was a mutated lizard.
WHEN THE **** DID LIZARDS EAT FISH?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby mega raptor » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:55 am

True. GINO was a mutant marine iguana, correct? Marine iguanas eat algae. But I guess that they wanted to make GINO look a little "tougher." Bending facts is what they do all the time in movies, no?
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:11 pm

Oh ya TT, the copters cant exactly fly full speed through streets could they, so GINO had the advantage. In the cab chase they swaped so the cab had the slight advantage
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:36 pm

Eh.....I duh no.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Dinonerd » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:11 am

mega raptor wrote:True. GINO was a mutant marine iguana, correct? Marine iguanas eat algae. But I guess that they wanted to make GINO look a little "tougher." Bending facts is what they do all the time in movies, no?

A lizard that size could not live off algae... :D . GINO rules japanese godzilla is annoying, i mean come on since when is it fun too waste hours of your life watching an invunerable lizard fighting like power rangers.
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:57 pm

well, i have no choice but to agree with that :roll: :lol: . I'd preffer to see a giant mutant lizard trying to survive in a modern metropolis, rather than a giant INVULNERABLE mutant lizard that moves like a man, can kick [wth?], do the moonwalk as a victory dance [i heard godzilla did that once], fighting with other monsters like Power Rangers [also a B-Movie series in my opinion. i stopped watching it when i was 7 because i deemed it too ridiculous for me to waste my time on]. GINO is something i still watch at times. i liked the way they CGed him. looked very realistic, organic, and believable. if i found something in the news showing pictures of Godzilla wreaking havok in Japan, i'd just sit down and have a nice long laugh, but if i happened to see a report saying GINO was in New York ripping things to bits, i'd start seeing if there was a way to keep safe or something... :roll:
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:28 pm

The Kingpin wrote:I'd preffer to see a giant mutant lizard trying to survive in a modern metropolis, rather than a giant INVULNERABLE mutant lizard that moves like a man, can kick [wth?], do the moonwalk as a victory dance [i heard godzilla did that once], fighting with other monsters like Power Rangers [also a B-Movie series in my opinion.

uhh....wrong. Showa Series he moved like a man, not the the VS series. AND he was killed before. Not by another monster though. You guys are all thinking about the old Godzilla, not the new one. The new one looks more like a Trex, doesn't dance (It wasn't the moonwalk -_- He was DANCING on the MOON. Two different words.) and is an all around better Godzilla.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:53 pm

show me a pic of new Godzilla showing how he walks, then i'll consider that point :roll: ...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Dinonerd » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:09 pm

Show us a picture :)
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:19 pm

I'll do one better!!! I am making a video of some Godzilla clips with some music! It will show you all that your WRONG!!!
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:36 pm

I agree with DN and KP sorry TT your fighting a lost battle.
GINO's CGI made him actually look like a living creture.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby mega raptor » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:31 am

Yes... The old Godzilla looks like a man in a cheap rubber suit. Which he is, really...
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby TyrantTR » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:24 am

CGI vs Rubber suit. Man I don't know actually. Rubber suits HAVE proven to be useful and well done at times. And CGI isn't yet perfected. I think that GINO looked pretty fakey in some shots. But he is more probable than the man like creature. I still am not quite sure though.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:15 pm

Ok. Get it through your thick heads, Rubber Suit=IS GODZILLA! CGI=NOT GODZILLA! Thats just the way it is! You like the CGI version more, then you like Zilla, NOT GODZILLA! Geez...
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:33 pm

bah, it's called Godzilla in the movie, so it's Godzilla. get over it :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:37 pm

Too bad Toho, the Godzilla fandom, and other Godzilla-fanatics denie it as being called Godzilla. So no, its not Godzilla.

PROOF: this line was taken from "GMK" a fairly new Godzilla movie. It was made shortly after the US "GODZILLA" was made.

The Americans say they found Godzilla, but our scientists say its not.

Simple as that. And the movie was made by TOHO (The company that makes Godzilla) so no, he isn't Godzilla.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:43 pm

it's not to them, but it is from my point of view :P . they dont like the fact i preffer CGI Godzilla to Rubber suit Godzilla, that's their problem...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to General Movies