Godzilla

Movie reviews and discussion.

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:22 am

:shock:

DUDE!

If that is the sequal to the American Godzilla Movie, then it could just be 1000x greater then ANY Japanese Godzilla movie. Its actually scary, which is a concept rarely used for Godzilla. Man, this BETTER be a real trailer for Godzilla. If it is, I WILL see it the day it comes out.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:27 am

Yeah it looks very awesome. THeres a poster, they dun kno if it's fake or not, but it shows Manhatten from the Statue of Liberties point of view and the statue is beheaded.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:33 am

I saw that...

I wikipedia'd it. ZERO information.

I have no idea if this is a Godzilla movie, or something else.

If its Godzilla, I see it the day it comes out.

If not, then I'll see it, but not as rushed as if it were Godzilla.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:35 am

Yeah. THere is alot of clues pointing to the fact that it will be Godzilla, but there is also a high chance that it could be something original.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:40 am

The roar is the only way to tell.

The roar, itself, is beastly. Whether its Godzilla or not, I can't say. It DOES kinda sound like it, but it's definately different.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:42 am

I'm still going to see this movie no matter what it is. But looks Godzilla-ish. The part with the statue of liberys head was awesome.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:45 am

Ya...And the "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" part just added to the scene :P

Someone says "I SAW IT! IT WAS ALIVE! IT WAS HUGE!"

So its not some robot or alien tech.

Hmm...
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:46 am

YEah. It's made by some studio called "Giant robot studio" or something. I dun know.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:49 am

Well, still. Theres a studio called "Wing Nut Productions".

Does that mean their films are about-

...On second thought, I won't go there. You get what I'm sayin, right?

Its either Godzilla or an original monster.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:50 am

Yeah, if it's not Godzilla, hopefully it'll be some giant scaly reptile. :P
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:52 am

Which is kinda dumb...Seeing as they could've just made it Godzilla and got more marketing.

So hopefully it IS Godzilla.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:54 am

Yeah. You know, it seems ALOT of giant monsters were always reptillian. Sometimes they were insectoids, but mostly they seemed to be like Godzilla.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:05 am

True.

Well, I posted the link on the Atari Forums, too see what other G Fans think. Hopefully, though, not likely, they can give us any new info on it.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:36 pm

There is a movie thats fan made called Godzilla Zero Hour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOvVZ9W3SYk

Gamera VS Godzilla

WOOT!

its CGI!
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:15 pm

CS: Awesome!

Anyway.

Me and KP, via MSN, have came up with a good bit of evidence to prove that Cloverfield is actually Godzilla.

First:

The one photo on the official website shows two women, only their heads in the frame, scared. But theres something in between their heads. Like its coming from behind. It LOOKS like Zilla/Godzilla.

Second:

Another Photo showing a chief pulling a pizza out of an oven. Looks pointless, right? Well, look at the chief. He's JAPANESE. If you look on the back of the photo, theres a recipe. IN JAPANESE. The guy in the trailer is going- Wassat? TO JAPAN.

Third:

There is a fake brand of Slushi, called Slusho, to go along with the movie. There is a fake story, saying a fish was telling a whale he wanted to be big like him. The whale gives him a Slusho, saying that an ingrediant in the slushi, found in the water, will make him grow. He drinks it and becomes a giant whale. Two clues. One: The ingreidiant and the transformation. Sounds a bit like radiation, no? Second: Gojira, the japanese name for Godzilla, means Gorilla WHALE.

Fourth:

The roar. It actually sounds like a morphed Godzilla 54 roar. There is no way to prove it, but it connects, to us at least.

Fifth:

The blast. It reminds me of two things: GMK Godzilla's breath weapon, or as if the creature that made the explosion litterally exploded out of the ground. And, as we all know, Zilla could burrow.

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't count Zilla/Godzilla out just yet. If they announce the title and it isn't Godzilla, then I guess you can safely say it isn't Zilla/Godzilla :P
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:21 pm

DUDE THATS FUCKIN AWSOME!

you and KP should be detectives...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Legendary Elite » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:11 am

I've never seen the movies of Godzilla only GINO was the first I've seen involving Zilla. But after seeing portions of the other movies GINO was much better. The Godzilla in those movies was more like the Power Rangers back in the days I was younger, the way it was animated was much the same. With the guys dressed up and all. If the films were reanimated they'd be much famous these days. I hope they do in the next Godzilla Films.

My evidence also reckons that it's Zilla/Godzilla:

1. Though the roar is different considering Godzilla and Zilla have high-pitched roars, it could be that they wrote a contract with the creators of Godzilla or Zilla.

2. Right at the start that guy (the protaginist having a party) going to japan for a holiday. Japan, obvious reference to Godzilla and all the other kaiju's.

3. That massive explosion right at the start with two fireballs spewing out of it. What could've done an explosion that big? Seriously, a building that collapsed upon itself would've created a pile of dust. That explosion was huge. I reckon some "breath" attack. The monster's breath weapon perhaps.

4. And like TT said recently about statue of Liberty how it was ripped off. Looks definately like claws knocked the head right of it's body.

So if I guess it right this is a monster similiar to Zilla.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:38 pm

LE, what Godzilla movie portions did you actually see? The Showa ones, the Heisei ones, or the new ones?
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Legendary Elite » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Good question actually. Why?
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Becuase they're all completely different. If you saw the Showa ones, I can sympathize. They were made in the 50's, 60's, and 70's, after all. However, the Heisei ones in the 90's were actually pretty good, and most of the new ones (from 1999-2005) were great.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to General Movies