Godzilla

Movie reviews and discussion.

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:19 pm

I don't think they give a **** that you like the US version better...

Well, here's the movie. I MIGHT host it on Youtube. I hope you all like it :D .

MOVIE!!
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:21 am

I like the PWNED in the begining, but really, that wasn't a fair fight. Especially sence the original creators of Godzilla made that. So don't go, THERE PROOF N00BS! Beacause I'm sure that the outcome would be different if the americans made the fight.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Dinonerd » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:26 am

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:Too bad Toho, the Godzilla fandom, and other Godzilla-fanatics denie it as being called Godzilla. So no, its not Godzilla.

PROOF: this line was taken from "GMK" a fairly new Godzilla movie. It was made shortly after the US "GODZILLA" was made.

The Americans say they found Godzilla, but our scientists say its not.

Simple as that. And the movie was made by TOHO (The company that makes Godzilla) so no, he isn't Godzilla.

Get over it, it is like denying Jurassic Park 3 as being jurassic park. It is still JP.
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:20 pm

Actually.....If you research it....you'll find that Toho abandoned it. They have NOTHING to do with it because of what Tri-star did to Godzilla.

They, first of all, made guide lines for Tri-star to follow. They said Godzilla could look like anything they wanted it to be, but it had to be similar. They also said Godzilla would have to FACE ANOTHER MONSTER. That never happened. They also disapproved the baby crap and Godzilla dieing, but Tri-star did it anyway. Thats why Toho doesn't want anything to do with it.

I say, go rent a Godzilla movie, a REAL Godzilla movie. One from the VS or X series. They are better then Tri-stars creation. Don't get me wrong, I like what Tri-star did, but it just wasn't Godzilla.

Also, there are rumors that Tri-star will indeed try again at Godzilla, but they will do it RIGHT. They will still have the same CGI Godzilla, but they will make him fight a CGI Mothra or Ghidorah. This I would LOVE to see.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:41 pm

Mothra or Gidorah would look like awsome sci-fi BEASTS if tristar redisgned them I know it.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:36 pm

i'd like to see that. i wonder how CGI Zilla will fight....hmmm....tail whips, jumping kicks [kinda like a raptor's leaping attack], MAYBE an improved realistic fire breathing ability...the possibilities for CGI Zilla are endless. and it'll probably look cooler with this Zilla than Japan's version, due to it's more realistic form and stance...etc
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:00 pm

Yeah, not to dis good ol' Toho Godzilla, but when that godzilla grapples enemies or is grappled, ESPECIALY by the tail, it gets EXTREAMLY fakey.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby mega raptor » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:52 pm

I agree, I would love to see a CGI Godzilla in a well-done movie. Especially if it was fighting a good-looking CGI Mothra or Ghidorah... Or Hedorah, he might look interesting done in CGI.

Also, TT, I found this rather entertaining review of the Tri-Star Godzilla: http://www.agonybooth.com/godzilla/

(And, for anyone who cares, this is my first post on Windows Vista)
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:55 pm

mega raptor wrote:I agree, I would love to see a CGI Godzilla in a well-done movie. Especially if it was fighting a good-looking CGI Mothra or Ghidorah... Or Hedorah, he might look interesting done in CGI.

I find that funny seeing as "Godzilla 3D To the Max" is coming out. Its a CGI Godzilla (Toho Style) facing an upgraded version of Hedorah (also CGI)
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:08 pm

Waheh everybody agees!
But will the new movies do anything with the end of the ameirican godzilla.
Ya know the misterious surviving egg.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:52 am

Godzilla 2 (American) will. But its just a rumor. Godzilla 3D is actually confirmed.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:49 am

MR I dont think I have ever read a more negitive reveiw in my life.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby mega raptor » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:09 am

Just look over the rest of the site... A gold mine of crappy movies and hilarious commentators. They even have TLW there... Which I can understand. After all, it was basically a retread of the first movie... And the heroes were kinda obnoxious and I think it would have been better if it was closer to the book.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:31 pm

Ya....this is a quote from the site:

We know Godzilla is just a guy in a rubber suit. That's part of his essential charm. And where the Toho Godzilla is full of personality, the Emmerich-Devlin Godzilla has none.

Ding. Ding. Ding. They get it, but you people can't.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:39 pm

we get it. we just dont agree that that is enough to make a good movie...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Dinonerd » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:00 pm

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:Don't dis Godzilla -_- Godzilla>Everything. Even a Crusher-sized Rex would die in a heart beat. Don't classify him either. He is a survived dinosaur that was mutated by nuclear weapons. Thats his story. And its a Rex-like dinosaur.

But he has four fingers doesn't he?
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:15 pm

Yes. The exact name of the dinosaur was Godzillasaurus. Its fictional, yes, but still....the only thing different from a Rex was the height/length, spines, and fingers.
TyrannoTitan

Postby mega raptor » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:50 pm

Godzillasaurus? Weird name. Why? Cause it means this: Gorilla Whale Lizard. Do you think the film makers knew this, or they just wanted to put "saurus" on Godzilla to make his origin more realistic as having come from a dinosaur rather than an iguana, like Zilla?

mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:09 pm

They just wanted to put "saurus" on the end.
TyrannoTitan

Postby mega raptor » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:02 am

I thought so.

Also, I've rented the Tri-Star Godzilla, Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, and Godzilla: Final Wars tonight and I plan on seeing which is better (though I think we already know).

Also, in answer to the sequel based off Tri-Star's Godzilla, I was able to dig up this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla:_The_Series

mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to General Movies