Gonna Break You (Songfic)

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Gonna Break You (Songfic)

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:33 pm

(I was going for something creepy/insane-sounding. Dunno how well I succeeded. Comments/criticism?)

This is the young woman speaking

This is her Voice speaking

This is both of them speaking at once

Lyrics © Jeffree Star

------

They should’ve seen it coming, really. Her mind had never been…normal. Not even when she was a kid – she’d been the odd one out, the one who preferred to sit in a corner and just watch. When spoken to, she’d just give a shake of the head. Many assumed she was mute, though a couple of people had heard her singing softly under her breath in a language they didn’t know. So how they missed the signs was a mystery.

She’d spoken for years of a Voice that was her best friend, a Voice that told her how much he loved her. A Voice that insisted her boyfriend, a young man she’d known since middle school, wasn’t in love with her. The Voice whispered to her in her dreams, she said. She said once to her therapist that the Voice had just told her something interesting. When asked what “it” had said in patronizing tones, her soft voice adopted a steely edge, and she proceeded to describe, in vivid detail, how she was going to kill the woman.

I'm gonna break your heart
And get away with murder (Hey, hey, hey)
You should have known from the start
That it wouldn't last forever (Hey, hey, hey)

I can't control myself
I feel like someone else
And get away with murder
(Hey, hey, hey)

Because the therapist hadn’t taken the threat seriously or chosen to tell anyone about it, it wasn’t really a surprise to anyone that she decided to take a sudden vacation. In a letter sent to friends and family, she explained that her job was getting stressful and she needed a break. She’d be back before autumn, which wasn’t too far off.

She never returned from her “trip.”

After a few weeks of being missing, the woman turned up eviscerated, her throat slit, heart ripped out, and her eyes missing. She was found face-down in a lake a few miles from town. The crime was described as horrific and investigated thoroughly. But they found no weapon, no fingerprints, nothing to pin the murder on anyone. The weapon had been cleaned, broken, and disposed of. The killer remained unidentified.

She had died just as her most recent patient had described.

There's a mystery inside my head
it was you, dripping all in red
Did I hurt you?

Let me make it safe and sound
Can you feel me breathing down your neck?
You're just a perfect little human wreck
But I like you enough to destroy you
Tear you down

The Voice was her one constant companion. He told her that he loved her, that he was so proud of her for killing “that b*tch”. He was the only one she really needed, even when she reached her first year of middle school. Even when her boyfriend-to-be started showing interest in the quiet girl. When they became a couple, the Voice started whispering that her boyfriend was just using her…that he would soon loose interest…that the Voice was the only one who really knew and loved her.

But when her boyfriend failed to show any signs of leaving her, the girl, who was by then a young woman, started to develop an attachment to him. Maybe she even started to fall in love with him. Her Voice became more insistent that it was going to end badly. That this boy was just using her and she would end up getting hurt. And the Voice, without the young woman knowing, started to plant dreams into her subconscious.

Night after night, the young woman had dreams – nightmares back then – of killing her boyfriend. She’d wake up screaming, and feel the hot tears spilling from her eyes. The images stuck with her – holding a knife over his heart, her eyes blank of emotion and yet seeing the tears streaming down her own cheeks. She’d see herself form the soundless word “Why?” over and over…see the knife come down…see the spurt of blood, so shockingly bright red.

She started staying awake for days, weeks, months on end. She refused to sleep – didn’t want to see those images anymore. Her Voice purred soothingly that they were just dreams. But he added, to play on the doubt festering in a dark corner of her mind, that dreams often had a core of truth in them. But he refused to elaborate on what the “truth” might be.

I can't control myself
I feel like someone else
And get away with murder
(Hey, hey, hey)

One night, everything turned upside down. The young woman, after a long day of school, found her boyfriend talking to another girl in a deserted hallway. Innocent enough, she thought, and she was about to approach and call out to him. But her Voice urged her to stay where she was, in a grave tone she’d never heard him use before. As she watched, the unfamiliar girl flung herself at her boyfriend. She clung to him like a drowning swimmer clings to their rescuer. And he tilted her chin up…their faces moved closer…their lips met…the young woman’s heart, fragile from the start, shattered. Gasping, she staggered back, turned and fled. Didn’t care how much noise she made. She thought she heard her boyf – ex-boyfriend call after her, but she didn’t stop to find out. She ran out of the school and home, and slammed her door shut. Locked it and threw herself against it, hyperventilating.

“I’m sorry,” her Voice murmured. For a moment she could almost feel warm arms around her shoulders, pressing her head gently down onto a firm shoulder. “I thought you needed to see this. Now do you understand?”

No, she didn’t understand. She thought…

“You thought he loved you. But now you see…it was all a lie. Now you see I’ve been telling you the truth.” She thought she could feel the touch of cool lips against her forehead. A show of comfort and affection. “I love you like he never has.”

A pause. The young woman felt her breathing slow and even as she calmed. The invisible arms around her tightened slightly. She could almost feel his breath ruffling her hair.

“Are you ready to take your revenge?”

There's a memory inside my head
it feels like a part of me is dead
I should save you
But I want to watch you drown

There is nothing you could say or do
Words mean nothing when your lips are blue
I love you
Now that you're six feet underground

It began like a scene out of a horror movie, after school had ended and summer was well underway. She snuck in through his window before he got home and stationed herself in a dark corner, the slanted light from the setting sun angled across the lower half of her face, leaving the upper half in darkness. For a while the only sound was her breathing. For a while she simply waited, feeling the presence of her Voice behind her, giving her courage and confidence.

When the door opened, she said nothing. Simply stood there until he finally turned and noticed her. For a second he looked panicked – then he recognized her and smiled. He actually had the nerve to smile at her. He began to say that he was afraid he’d never see her again, but before he could finish, she coldly asked him what made him think she wanted to see him. He looked taken aback.

“Be cruel,” her Voice whispered. “Show him how little you care for him now.”

She looked him dead in the eye and told him that he should be afraid of her. He asked her, why should he be scared, when he loved and trusted her. She smiled calmly and told him that that…was a big mistake.

He had no time to run or even to ask what she meant. She lunged forward and pinned him against the wall with a hand on his throat, squeezing his windpipe mercilessly. Squeezed tighter, tighter. Ignored the sounds of his frantic struggle for air. When he went limp, she let go and murmured that it wouldn’t be so easy for him. That she’d make him suffer, as she had suffered.

I can't control myself
I feel like someone else
And get away with murder
(Hey, hey, hey)

She tied his wrists and ankles and dragged him to the lake where she’d dumped her former therapist. Leaned him against a tree so he wouldn’t be lying on his side. Sat beside him and watched him slowly regain consciousness. Felt the reassuring presence of her Voice in her mind. She felt him press a kiss to her jaw as her ex-boyfriend’s eyes fluttered open.

She asked her ex, “Do you know where you are?”

At first he looked blank. Then his eyes widened with comprehension. “This is where that woman was found,” he whispered.

“That’s right. And this is where…you’re going to share her fate.” The young woman’s voice hardened. “You’ll pay, pay dearly. You’ll be begging for death long before I give it to you. Just. Like. Her.”

You killed her?!”

She laughed harshly. He flinched away from her. “You sound surprised. You see, there was a reason for me to kill her. She insulted one of my very best friends. He’s the only one who knows me well enough to know what I’m thinking before I think it.” Her eyes, black as night, locked on his. “And my reason for killing you…is for deceiving me.”

“I didn’t cheat on you! Look, Jessica kissed me! I love you.”

“It’s far too late for that,” she said coldly as she produced a knife.

It's time to spill your guts
And I don't like what I see on the inside

“Now, I’ll tell you exactly how this is going to work. First I’m going to cut your vocal cords, so no one will be able to hear your screams. I honestly don’t know who would, this far from town, but better to be safe than sorry.

“Then I’m going to remove your eyes. You’ll be blind for the last hour or so of your life. Be grateful for that – you won’t see your intestines fall out. After I blind you, I’m going to gut you. I’ll take my sweet time, so you feel every bit of the agony you’ll be going through.

“And right after that, I’m going to cut your throat more deeply to ensure you bleed out. Can’t take the chance that you’ll survive; I’m sure you understand. I have a reputation to not live up to, after all, and I don’t want you crawling out of that lake and running off to blab that I murdered that shrink.”

Tears began to fall from his wide, horrified eyes. “Why would you do such a thing? I loved you…”

She offered a charming smile. “Why, that answer is too easy.” Her smile widened, turned psychotic. “I’m insane, my dear boyfriend.”

I'm looking at the evidence
And it seems like a flawless cri-ime

Once she was done, the presence of the Voice became overwhelming. The waters were stained red under the full moon, and the boy’s body was cast out to drift for a while. “My beautiful, sweet child,” he purred, covering her face with kisses. “Mine. All mine.”

“Yours,” she murmured, and he claimed her lips in a searing kiss. He broke it, and at last she saw what he truly was – a slightly translucent handsome young man with blood red eyes and a triumphant smile.

“I’ve been waiting for you, child. For so long, I waited. Now…at long last, you can join me.”

“Join you?”

“I am a spirit who has waited for centuries for you to be born. Someone as wonderfully insane as I was in life…”

Did you forget that love was dangerous?
And I feel like I'm, I, I, I...

He kissed her again, and water began to pour into her mouth. Filling her lungs…suffocating her. She screamed mentally, unable to do so verbally because the grip he had on her jaw was like iron.

Come…join me, my love. Let go of meaningless existence and embrace the darkness.

She couldn’t…breathe….Even after he released her, she knew she was dying.

I can't control myself
I feel like someone else
And get away with murder
(Hey, hey, hey)

“You’re such a good girl,” her Voice purred, darkness rising to swallow her whole. He embraced her tightly. She struggled against him, feebly.

“Why don’t you sleep, my sweet?” he whispered coaxingly. Her faint protests grew fainter still. His voice was so soothing…and she was so tired. Tired of fighting him. Tired of fighting to stay alive. Just so…so…tired…

“Sleep...sleep forever, my love....You don’t have to worry anymore. I’ll be waiting on the other side, as I have been all along.”

She finally gave up and fell back into the dark embrace. Never to open her eyes again, at least not in the world we know.

(Get away with murder)
(Get away with murder)

“I love you, my darling girl.”
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Return to Single Writer Fiction