Island of Oblivion: A New Breed (book 1)

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Island of Oblivion: A New Breed (book 1)

Postby raptor33 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:35 pm

These links are the acronyms for, respectively:

Doom Island: History Of Raptoria
Doom Island: The Fatal Mistake

Chaos Island: Newcomers

DI:HOR
DI:TFM

CI:N

But enough links, allow me to introduce you to an old tale, from the third and final parallel dimension.

Chapter 1: XNA

"Are you absolutely sure you didn't tamper with the serum?" A cloaked figure was speaking to another figure, also cloaked.
"I assure you, I did nothing to your little serum." The second figure replied coldly. "Your precious XNA was not modified."
"It better not have been." A third figure stepped into the room, an air of power surrounding him. "You know how important it is to our plan." Turning to the first figure, he spoke calmly. "I trust you're almost finished?"
"Yes Master." The trembling figure said with great fear in his voice. "I will be finished by tommorrow."
"Good." The third figure, obviously the leader, spoke with such calmness you would think he was calm. But his thoughts raced. They would need subjects to test the serum on, and they couldn't be of their own kind. They would have to be a different species... his thoughts were interupted by the second figure.
"Master, if I may ask, what are we planning to do with the serum if it succeeds?" Fearful, he shrank back when his leader spun around.
"That is of none of your concern. Dismissed." The leader vanished in a cloud of smoke, leaving nothing but a pile of dust behind.
"Do you think we're doing the right thing?" The trembling figure asked of his compainion.
"Of course we are! We will be immortal! The end will justify our means, I'm sure of it." He snapped back angrily, irritated at the sentiment shown by the other. "I supposed I should cut you some slack, seeing as you're not one of us yet." He laughed heartlessly as the first figure bent over in sudden pain. "There's no use fighting it, you'll only make it worse!"
"Whats.... happening to...me?" He begged, the searing pain clouding his thoughts. His cohort only laughed harder. Then, everything was black.

Chapter 2: Terror in the Apartment

In New York's Underground, organized crime ran wild. A powerful crimeboss known only as Hood ruled the city. Many have speculated he was deformed, for his hood was never removed, nor was his large cloak. This was not the case. Hood had recently ordered some people to kidnap 7 people and bring them to him alive. They obeyed, fearing for their lives at what Hood might do to them.

Our story begins in a small apartment, where 7 people lived peacefully, each unknowingly held strange powers, many of which lie dormant in their human forms. Mike, Zack, Bill, George, Anna, Rosco, and Reily all lived in this small apartment, although Rosco owned the apartment. They all knew each other and were good friends, however that may change in the future. For now, we follow Rosco as he collects the payment from his tennants...

"Another late payment. What do I have to do to get Anna to pay on time..." A large figure appeared behind him and whacked him in the head with a crowbar.
"Nighty night." he said gruffly, then motioned for his cohorts to grab the other six. "We need seven and there are seven here. We better get a move on before daybreak. We don't wanna be seen." His teammates, if you could call them that, began to break into the apartment from numerous locations. One broke a window with a hammer and tackled Anna and stuffed her into a sack. Another climbed the fire escape and opened the sliding door. He was then attacked by Mike, who managed to knock the kidnapper over the edge, killing him.
"That's what you get for messing with me....." He said, out of breath. Little did he know that above him a professional sniper lay in wait. The sniper then shot Mike with some tranq darts and stuffed him into a sack, then used a rope to get down.
"This one killed poor old Harry. I don't think he'll wake up anytime soon though." He spoke softly, before kicking backwards and hitting George where it hurts. "Looks like we have another one. Let's see, we have 4 already so..." He was cut short as Zack shot him in the head with a self-defense pistol.
"Who else wants some huh? That's right bring it on!" He yelled, unaware of the guy behind him holding a crowbar. When he turned to see him midstrike, Bill punched the guy, giving him a black eye and knocking him out. "Thanks man." Was all Zack could say.
"We need to find Reily before she goes crazy again. Remember last time she went crazy?" He spoke hurriedly.
"We sure as hell don't need that again!"
"Then follow me, quickly." Bill started running back towards the apartment door, which was off its hinges and a large thug lay on top of it. "We need to hurry, I can hear he screaming. It's only a matter of time before she snaps." Zack nodded and ran faster to keep up with Bill, the two of them suddenly slamming into a small man dragging the sack Reily was in.
"Hey watch where you're going!" He said bitterly, not realizing that he was talking to the people he was supposed to capture. This nearly cost him his life. Zack jumped the guy and Bill got reily out of the bag. She then ran towards the small man, anger clouding her judgement, making her want to do nothing but kill him. Bill held Reily back and floored her.
"REILY SNAP OUT OF IT!" He yelled into her face, irritated that this happened again, until he noticed her face contorting and her skin hardening.
"GET OFF ME!" She yelled, kicking Bill into a wall, forcing Zack to leave the small man and hold Reily down. Then he too noticed Reily changing, her legs bending the wrong way suddenly, her head shifting, and her hands and feet growing claws.
"Reily what's happening to you!?" He cried out, fear filling him. Reily, in great pain, realizing she was changing could do nothing but say she didn't know, before her voice began to sound less human, before disappearing all together.
"This is not what I signed up for!" The small man got up and started running for his life, but he stopped dead - litterally - before Hood.

Chapter 3: Without the Hood

Hood stood there, surveying the scene, stepping over the now-dead man. "What have we here? Two people playing the hero and a girl transforming?" He laughed coldly, then Bill disappeared in a cloud of smoke as Hood snapped his fingers. "Well well well, if it isn't Zack. You still sure you won't join me?" He said coldly, watching him flinch as he heard his name. "That's right Zack, it's me. You know my name, so I won't tell you again." He laughed when he looked at Reily. "Hello Reily. My have you grown since I killed you parents."
"You stay away from her Bergan!" Zack yelled, trying to direct Hood's attention away from Reily. "It's me you want!"
"How kind of you. But, you see, I need her too. I need all seven of you. And it looks like you're going to do this the hard way." Hood - or Bergan, as his real name was - removed his hood and cloak to reveal a humanoid raptor, his teeth bared. "She isn't one of us. But you are Zack. I know because you are my son. I'd recognize you anywhere." He said calmly. Zack was taken aback. He was the son of this... beast?
"I don't believe you! I'm nothing like you!" He then bent over in pain, extreme pain, as he became less human and more like his father. "What... are you..... doing..... to me?" Was all he could say before the pain, the excruciating, searing pain, caused him to black out.

Chapter 4: The Plan

Gergan, now wearing his hood and cloak, arrived in an old genetics lab where the other's were waiting. "Greetings brothers, how goes the serum?" He inquired calmly.
The figure from before, trembling, handed over a vial labeled "XNA" then quickly retreated away. "I finished it on schedule great leader."
"Good. And what do you have?" He asked the new figure as it stepped out into the open.
"Nothing yet. I can't acess their dormant genes without killing them, and you specifically asked they remain alive." He shook with fear as Gergan turned on him, anger boilding within him.
"ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT YOU FAILED!? YERMAN I'VE GIVEN YOU ENOUGH TIME! SUCCEED TONIGHT OR PERISH!" He yelled before sending Yerman away. "Dismissed." He disappeared in a cloud of smoke, leaving the remaining figure in fear.
"Why did I agree to this..." He asked himself, before he, too, disappeared in smoke.

Chapter 5: Secrets

Reily paced back and forth in her new form as the others stood against the wall. "Give it a rest Reily, you're driving me mad with that pacing." It was Anna who spoke, a very close friend of Reily's. But Reily just snarled at her and kept pacing, hearing only garbled sounds, her brain losing out to the raptor genomes within her. She could barely remember Anna, or any of the others, as her mind slipped back into dormancy.

Zack, awaking in a dark room underground, saw more of the dinohumans watching him. They stopped whatever they were doing and left when they saw he was awake, and soon Gergan appeared beside him. "Your awake. Eat this, you'll need your strength Hewq." Seeing Zack - or, Hewq as his real name was - taken aback in suprise, he explained further. "You are one of us Hewq. Your very name is proof. We had to leave you with the Humans, filthy beasts they are, until you were ready. Here, take this." He handed Hewq a hooded cloak, then disappeared to see how his captives were doing.

Mike awoke suddenly, tied to a large table, as a large... creature stood over him. It could only be described as a dinohuman. "Where am I? Who are you? What are you going to do to me?" The creature didn't respond, it only grabbed a needle and filled it with something called "XNA." Mike saw Anna over to his left, twisted in pain, as she had been injected. Mike then felt extreme pain as the needle was rammed into his arm, releasing it's contents into his bloodstream.

Chapter 6: Beasts

Mike looked over at Anna, now twisted into a raptor like Reily. Was this their plan? Turn them into raptors? He wanted to cry out for Anna, but his move stopped moving. All of him stopped moving. He was paralyzed, trapped in his own body, as he was changed by the injection, suddenly seeing the inside of his head, as the parasite injection made him one of them. A large, intelligent one of them, but one of them nonetheless. He longed to escape his host, longed for a new body to inhabit, but he was trapped in the dead body.

Anna, now a raptor, tried desprately to hold on to her memories, scared she would end up like Reily, and not remember who she was. Her efforts were not in vain, and she managed to remember a few things, but not much else. Leaving to go find her packmate, Anna headed for Reily.

Bill, George, and Rosco watched the others change, and they too feared the worst. And this fear was the one thing that caused Rosco to change, his body hardening, his bones disolving, and legs splitting until he was effectively a giant spider, just managing to hang on to his memories. He was the owner of an apartment, not some... whatever he was. George and Bill managed to find an airvent and broke it open, crawling through to find themselves in another room just like theirs. The empty room was completely sealed off and they crawled back through the airvent. However George became stuck in the center, his body systems failing, as he wa seaten alive by a parasite. Bill, seeing his friend dead, quickly tried to pull him out, only to find George split apart, a large worm wiggling out from the rupture, and into Bill's hand.

At first, there was pain as it ate it's way in, but it then faded as Bill left the vent, shaking, his body temperature critically low. He suddenly fell over, being eaten alive, until he died. The worm crawled out of Bill's limp body and into the vent, seeking cold, and finding a small hole leading to the main vent, which was perfectly cold for the worm. Mike had also become one of these, but he somehow managed to hold himself back, remembering who he was, until he died from heat exhaustion.

Anna collapsed in pain as she painfully changed into the dinohuman creatures that watched and recorded the results of their "experiemnt." Reily, snarling, backed off, enraged at the sudden appearance of this new being. "Reily it's me! Snap out of it!" Anna cried, her only remaining friends not remembering her at all. Something about this intrigued Reily, who stepped forwards to sniff Anna. Reily then jumped back in suprise when she recognized the scent as one of her packmates - no, one of her friends. Suddenly she remembered. She was named Reily. Her best friend was standing right infront of her. The sudden memories overwhelmed her, forcing her to step back further.

The creatures decided their experiment failed, excepting Anna, so they entered the room and killed the failures, taking Anna off to learn their ways. The time to greive would come. For now there were things to be done.
Last edited by raptor33 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby raptor33 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:37 pm

This is very long so I made this post incase it does move it over to the next post.

Oh and... 300th post FTW!

Ladies and Gentlemen, it givs me great pleasure to declare the newest wonder of the modern fanfic, Island of Oblivion, now open.

Yes I know I play too much JPOG.
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:28 pm

Very nice, if not kinda confusing. Is he a dino man?
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor33 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Dinoman... I like it!

Anyways, if you are refering to any of the below, then YES!

List of Dinohumans:

Cloaked Figure 1
Cloaked Figure 2
Cloaked Figure 3 / Hood / Gergan
Zack

If you are refering to the below, then NO.

List of Known Non Humans:

Reily

List of Believed or Known Humans:

Mike, Bill, George, Anna, and Rosco.
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby raptor33 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:01 am

VERY sorry about double post!

I give you the next 3 chapters!

Oh and also I have writer's block! GRRRR I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING!

Thank you.

p.o I heard you leik monocles?
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Return to Single Writer Fiction