After the End

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

After the End

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:08 am

I'm taking a little break from shadows of the Abyss. So I'm going to write this, which will hopefully get you guys to think a bit about the world as we know it.

After the End

Darkness shrouded over the burnt, rusted landscape. Buildings lay in ruins, whole blocks, abandoned. Cities rested in disrepair from the global economy being destroyed by the great war. No corpses lay in the streets; only the burnt markings of those who fell to the storm remained. A lone man stood in the midst of ruins. Clutched in his hand was a single crucifix necklace. There was a slight look about him that would give anyone a chill down their spine; his tall, thin form seemed unnatural amongst the rubble. He looked up, his worn, sad visage looking upon the destruction. A lone house was before him. Its doors were scarred and battered from age and disrepair. All was silent, save for the whistling of the wind through the windows of the ruins of the once grand structures. The man's face hardens and he walks up to the building's door and kicks it open.

Inside was a scrawny man, clutching a machete, surrounded by human bones. The man with the crucifix draws a pistol and aims it at the man. "Marc," the man says in a stern, yet steady voice, "It is time to atone for your sins."

Marc chuckled a disturbed chuckle before shakily getting to his feet. "So you've finally come, Gabriel." Marc hisses between his cracked front teeth. "I was thinking you wouldn't fulfill your promise." "Don't test me, Marc," Gabriel snarls. "I've gunned down many like you, and you won't escape this time."

Marc snorts. "Why waste your time, Gabriel?" Marc circles the other man, clutching the machete tightly. Gabriel also circles, keeping his pistol aimed at Marc. "Don't you understand? The world was ended. There is nothing more you, me, god, or all the angels in heaven can do at the moment. Humanity has driven itself to destruction by its thirst for glory and power. We are but shadows and dust, Gabriel......... and we have taken the whole of the world with us. All we can hope for is a new beginning."

Gabriel clenches his teeth. "That still does not make what you did right, Marc. I saw you kill those children. You killed them in cold blood and took them into your little hut. Those bodies never came out. Don't lie and tell me you didn't eat them, Marc. You killed them for your own gain, and that cannot be forgiven." Gabriel cocks his pistol. Marc sighs and drops the blade before raising his hands up. "I have nothing left to regret. If you are so inclined, kill me." Gabriel looks down. "No." Marc smiles. "And why not? Are you still to believe the bible, and its so called commandments? Society has crumbled. You are as useless as the rest of us. Now, shoot me!" Gabriel lets out a yell and shoots Marc in the chest. The man falls before Gabriel shoots him a few more times. Gabriel walks out, clutching the crucifix, a single tear rolling down his cheek. As he leaves, Marc smiles between gasping breaths. "You.... did...... well....."

Later that evening, Gabriel is in the ruins of a cathedral, praying before the ruiend alter, his eyes shut, a lone tear rolling down his cheek. "Dear god, please forgive me for my sins........ the darkness has truly engulfed us all, and it is time for us to forget our old ways. I pray for a new beginning. Amen."

END
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Re: After the End

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:32 am

Nice little short story there, G4E... I liked it quite abit...

Note to self... Get off lazy *** and resume the MH story...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Re: After the End

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:36 am

Meh. I've been uninspired myself. this came to me after I thought about how human nature and society itself is.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Return to Single Writer Fiction