Jurassic Park: Life Finds A Way

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Jurassic Park: Life Finds A Way

Postby Dinonerd » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:28 am

This is a story i am working on... Enjoy!

ONE
THE GREETING

The organisms squirmed around under the microscope, it looks almost as if they are dancing and splitting into pieces. They lived in their own world as if nothing else in the universe matters. Steve lifted his eyes from the microscope. He looked around the room, it was well lit with lab coats hanging on the wall and test tubes and beakers in racks, there were a few benches at which Steve worked. The tops of the benches were all coated in an invisible substance to stop acids burning through the table top, Steve got up and walked around the bench he had been sitting on and then placed his coat on a hook stuck in the wall. He walked out his office and through the short hallway that led to the elevator, he pushed the button for down and felt the chill of touching cold metal. The elevator took a few seconds to reach his level, he stepped inside and pushed the button for ground level, the elevator was small and made a screeching sound when it was moving. When the elevator finally stopped Steve stepped out, he walked past the front desk.
“Afternoon Mr Thompson.” Said the receptionist.
“Afternoon Victoria.” Replied Steve.
He walked through the front door of the building, the door was large and brown with a metal handle. He pushed the door open slowly and looked outside, it was pouring down with rain. He turned around and then asked
“Victoria do you have my umbrella?”
“As a matter of fact I do, you dropped it off this morning remember?” She replied while smiling. She was a short woman with long brown hair, she was smart and extremely polite.
“O yes now I remember.”
He walked up to the front desk and she handed it over to him.
“Thankyou Victoria.” He said.
He turned around and walked out of the building, he pulled up his umbrella and started to walk down the street to his car, along the way people were rushing home and the sound of water splashing as cars drove over puddles was continuously happening like an echo. Steve got to his car and pulled out his car keys and put them into the car door. Before he turned the keys a man walked up to him, the man was short and round with black hair and he had a small beard. He smiled showing his glowing white teeth.
“Doctor Thompson?” He asked while grinning.
“Yes that is me, why do you ask?” Steve asked with a confused look.
“I am William Merl, I have a proposal I would like to discuss with you. Maybe you would like to discuss it with detail at lunch tomorrow?”

Steve arrived at a small restaurant. He had been sitting at the table for a while and was waiting for Mr Merl to show up, he had ordered just a glass of water. He had finished the glass when William Merl walked in, he sat down at the table and had a small little laugh.
“So Steven you been here long?” He asked while smiling broadly. But before Steve could answer Will had called over a waitress and was ordering some food. After he had finished ordering Steve asked.
“So what do you want to discuss with me Mr Merl?”
“Yes, yes I will discuss that with you while I am eating.”
“Can you not discuss it with me now?” Steve asked. William just looked at him confused and then replied while laughing.
“I can’t discuss this topic on an empty stomach.”
When the food arrived he started to eat extremely quickly, when he had finally finished he said.
“Now, this matter is very important. Do not discuss it with anyone. Do you understand?”
“Yes I understand” Steve replied.
“Have you ever heard of Ingen? I work for them.” He said.
“Yes, the company that does biological engineering?”
“Yup that is Ingen, now you know the islands Isla Sorna and Isla Nublar?”
“Yes I do, did they not rent them out?” Steve asked, William nodded at this question.
“Well, Isla Nublar is being reconstructed, we are building it back up, we even put the enclosures up and they are running at full power.”
“Enclosures for what?” Steve asked with a confused look.
William straight away replied with.
“Dinosaurs.”
“What?” Asked Steve with an angry face. “You brought me here so you could lie straight at my face? I will have none of it” Steve snapped.
“You did not hear about San Diego?” Asked William.
“Of course I did but it was a hoax.” Steve said with an angry expression.
“I’m sure you will find out it is as real as you or I Mr Thompson. You see, we have been taking ships to Isla Nublar and bringing them back. These cargo ships have been going missing, but they are found again on beaches on Costa Rica. The crew is usually dead and eaten. We think that dinosaurs have gotten off the island.”
Steven just looked at him curiously and said.
“Then what have I got to do with this?”
“You? We need someone who will be able to get these dinosaurs back to Isla Nublar. I know you are a scientist but you have a degree at palaeontology. We asked Dr Grant but he said he would never have anything to ever do with that island again, we offered him as much money as we could but he just said no. And we need a man who knows a lot about dinosaurs.”
“But I am not only a palaeontologist, I am also a chemist and am working on chemistry at the moment, I am trying to figure out what happens when you expose certain organisms to acidic substances. I need to do my research on that at the moment, I do not need an adventure.” Steve Replied.
“How does three hundred thousand dollars sound? Just for a few weeks, you don’t have to do it for months. I promise you will be straight back to your research soon.” Mr Merl asked trying to be convincing.
“I can’t I really need to do my rese-”
“How about you choose the price and It will be a deal.” Said William. Steve thought about it for a while and then smiled.
Last edited by Dinonerd on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:45 am

very good.....reminds me of JP3s entry with The Kirbys trying to convince Grant to go with them to Isla Sorna. looking forward to seeing the rest of it.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:33 pm

Awesome. You should make another Box cover to go along with your story. keep up the good work.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Dinonerd » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:40 pm

This is part one of chapter two, i will finish it off when i get back.

TWO
COSTA RICA

Steve followed Mr Merl onto the small jet.
“You sit over there Steven” Said William. Steve moved over and sat down where William had indicated. The seat was made of a grey leather and was cold to touch.
“Would you like a drink Steven?” Asked William.
“Can I please have a glass of water Mr Merl?” Replied Steve.
“I will get you a glass straight away. Call me Will.” Said Will while smiling. Will got up and went over to a jug of water and poured a cup, he handed the plastic cup to Steve. Steve drank the water slowly and then asked.
“Where are we travelling to?”
“We are travelling to a little town called San Jose to meet with Mr Hammond.” He replied.
“Is he the owner of Ingen?” Asked Steve with a questioning look. Will just nodded at the question.
“Buckle your belt, we are about to take off.” Will said
Steve buckled his seat belt ready for takeoff. After a few seconds the plain started to move, it gradually started to move faster and faster down the runway. It then pulled up and Steve could feel his stomach being pushed to his back, the force was extremely strong. After they were ascending for a few minutes that balanced out and were now parallel to the earth. Steve looked out the window and could see the city they had been in moments ago. Everything looked so small when he was up this high, Steve was not the best at heights and got scared easily. But he knew he was safe in this plane.
“When you get the dinosaurs back to Isla Nublar we will be glad to take you on the tour.”
“Am I doing all this alone?” Asked Steve.
“O my no. I am coming with you, and so is a professional hunter, his name is Roland. He usually takes people on safaris looking at wild animals, but he is good at hunting. He vowed that he would never have anything to do with these creatures or Ingen again. But we offered him a lot of money and we would buy him a nice house in Florida. After a long time of asking him he eventually agreed.”
“What type of dinosaurs do you think have escaped onto the mainland?” Asked Steve.
“We think raptors have gotten of the island, we haven’t heard of any procomsognathus escaping the island.” Replied Will with a grim look.
“But raptors are very intelligent are they not?”
“You are the palaeontologist, you tell me. All I know is that they hunt in packs… O wait I do remember Mr Hammond telling us to be careful because they are intelligent. So you better not do anything stupid or you will wind up as a snack for a pack of raptors. Although they are smart they are not as smart as the raptors from one side of Isla Sorna, the raptors that live there are not as strong as other raptors but their intelligence makes up for them. You see, those raptors are mutations, something went wrong with the genetic code. We were trying to see what would happen if we gave the raptors feathers, would they make the guests happier after seeing them. But when we were change something in the DNA the computer went hay wire and changed the frog DNA with some bird DNA. I can’t remember which bird it was that it was changed with. But it screwed up their system and we didn’t realise what had happened until they grew. They attacked and killed the people looking after them, they then escaped and created packs. They often have clashes with the raptors from the other side of the island, but you can’t guess who wins. It all accounts for numbers of raptors in the packs, the normal raptors may be stronger but they get out smarted by the mutated raptors, bur sometimes the normal raptors strength helps them kill of the mutated raptors. Everyone at Ingen agrees that the normal raptors would be better to show in the park.”
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:53 pm

Hmmm....Very nice. It reminds me of the possible JP4 story. Keep up the good work.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Dinonerd » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:12 pm

I will try and make a box, i have already found a guy who is gonan be steve all i need is someone to be william merl.
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:17 pm

Ah....Cool :D .
TyrannoTitan

Postby Dinonerd » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:27 pm

do you have an image of any actor with black hair and a small black beard?
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:20 pm

Hmm....not that I know of...I'll look it up on google though.
TyrannoTitan

Postby chook151 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:24 am

cool 8)
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Shadow » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:32 am

Nice story so far.
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Iceking » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:11 pm

this is a very good story. life will always find a way to over come hindrences.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Return to Single Writer Fiction