Untitled Story

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Untitled Story

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:11 am

Alright guys this is my last topic, honest! It is the begining of my story. WHOOHOOOOO! I don't have a name yet so if you think you have got one please tell me. So anyways part one of chapter one:

Chapter 1:
Strange footage

“Alright everyone last call for dessert!” yelled a woman through the hallways of the hospital. She pushed a cart of sweets, and healthy snacks across the corridors that the separate rooms, and offices made. It was a stormy day in the city of Windhoek, Africa. It was dark, and the power had been out for a while. The managers expected it to be back soon. “Anyone want dessert?” the nurse yelled again, still no response. The lightning crackled loudly, temporarily illuminating the hall ways. She jumped a bit at the surprise, thunder rolled in next, the rumble of it all, so surprising and violent. The women hated it. In fact she hated all sorts of noises. The tweet of the birds in the morning, the rumble of her cars engine starting up. God, it was annoying.
“Hey I want some.” Said a perky man dressed in the regular white coat, with a stethoscope around his neck, tucked neatly into his pocket. He was a fine African, around fifty years old. He had black hair with little tufts of grey, and a small beard. It was curled and kept clean, no dandruff, no lice, and always a shine. “Alright I saved your special Harold, but be faster next time.” The women said handing him a smoothie. He took a much delighted sip of the creamy juice before answering. “Sorry Susan, It’s been difficult the last couple of days.”
“I guess,”
“I mean with Aid’s and all,”
“I know,”
“Okay,” the Harold finished the conversation quickly. Susan had been pretty protective about aids, her father died from it, so he tried not to talk much about it, but sometimes he got carried away. Harold was a talker. He talked, and talked, and talked until when he ran out of ideas he would find something else to talk about. It was how he expressed his opinion, although it really annoyed the other people. Doctors though, they weren’t the kind to point things out. Susan saw it as if everyone was their patient. Treat them with respect, and kind words, as they would with other people. So they never told Harold to his face. Yet they didn’t hesitate to leave little hints hear and there.
The lightning crackled again, this time closer, and louder. “Wait for it…” Harold said pausing and counting. “One… two… three…”
BOOM!
The rumble of the thunder roared loudly at them as if an accursed monster was about to attack. “Really something huh?” Harold asked hinting for a new conversation. He was interested in science, heck he loved science. That was why he was here. As far as he remembered, he could have failed math and social studies, but aced in science. “Did you know thunder is actually…”
“That is very nice Harold,” Susan said, interrupting him sharply. Frankly, she didn’t feel in the mood for one of Harold’s lectures. She felt just downright awful. So they had a moment of silence. “You know, I’m sorry… maybe I caught you at a wrong time…” Harold began. “No, just drop it, I’ll talk to you tomorrow, I have to check on the nursery.” Susan replied with a blank and almost angered expression. With that, Harold turned down a hall way, waving goodbye and swiftly traveling the corridors. Susan went for the elevator. Without a last word, both were out of each others sight.

“Why are we watching this?” A man said. The room was lighted dimly as a group resembling a board, sat at an oval table and watched the TV monitor. “Just fast forward to the evidence.”
“Are you sure we don’t need the back history of these characters?” Another man asked. “We observed their files, that is all we need, they are innocent. No criminal records, no drug use, they are clean. “Alright sir.” Another person said, standing by the monitor. He pushed the double arrow button and the screen changed dramatically. White and black lines clouded the image, as he continued through the tape. Then swiftly he pressed the square, stop, and then play. An image became visible. The woman, Susan walked into the nursery, already things seemed wrong. She opened the door. Then their came a shriek, her shriek. She backed out of the room as little green blobs jumped from their seemingly camouflaged positions. They chirped at her like little birds.
The board of Africa’s government watched the monitor closely, as the creatures pounced on the woman. More came out through the open door. “By god there is at least fifty of them!” one man said. The others felt weary. The animals, witch looked like green blobs from the security footage, were covering here. It was terrifying, but amazing. Only one animal they knew, acted like that. And it was the piranha. This wasn’t a piranha. It was on land, it was fast on land, and it was identifiably, bipedal.
In moments the figure that was the woman fell over and onto the floor. She rolled around until movement ceased, and the creatures cleared her body of all flesh. It was a horrible display that in reality, took over a minute at the most. “What should we do sir?” said one man of the board. “Alert the media, take all footage of this, and silence all theories. I don’t want this to spread to anyone. Check the building; I want one of those things, dead or alive. Understand?”
“Understood sir.” The man said, with that he pushed back and got out of his seat to give orders.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:46 pm

Very good. I like it just like I liked the last one.
TyrannoTitan

Return to Single Writer Fiction