Through the Eyes of the Shadow

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:31 am

I've decided to enter it now...the first chapter, that is. Basically, the story of the Isla Sorna Stories, told through the eyes of the Shadow. More Chapters will be added eventually. Comments are welcome. Enjoy :)

I lay here, side by side with my mate, staring at my newborn hatchlings. I would have never thought it to be like this, my past filled with despair and suffering, heartbreak and revenge. These are the stories of a healthy hatchling, of a psychotic murderer, and of a creature desperate for compainionship. These are my stories and others', told through the Eyes of the Shadow.

The Birth of a Monster

The days of being a hatchling are a mystery to me. The only things I can remember are my inactive parents and being raised by my brothers. By the time I was a week old, my eldest brother, Onarus, was already an adult. Rainus, my other brother, was constantly trailing after Onarus like a lost hatchling. I was a young Velociraptor then, this being the only goods times with my brothers. My skin was darker then the night sky, giving me my namesake. My parents, whose names I do not want to remember, were constantly concerned with rising in the ranks of our pack, leaving Onarus with a curious hatchling and a wayward teen. Don't get me wrong, Onarus was a great care-giver, but a young adult such as himself should have left the pack by now. Onarus was enourmous, dwarfing both my parents. A dull gray in color, Onarus was a raptor to be remembered. Rainus was the same dull gray Onarus was, making me the oddball. Rainus had one feature that Onarus didn't, a giant black stripe going down from the base of his head to the tip of his tail. Everything seemed well, despite the adsence of my parents. Thats when Fatalis showed up.

Fatalis was introduced into my life in an odd way. Onarus met him first, meeting at the site of a kill. At first, I didn't know what to think of Fatalis, thinking he would take Onarus away from me. It was the exact oppisite. Fatalis visited almost every day, becoming friends with me and my brothers. We weren't sure where he lived, if he had a pack or not. It didn't matter much to me, my only concern was that he visited us. Fatalis was considered family, until those damn creatures came.

When the creatures arrived, "humans" as they are sometimes called, the only ones around were me, my brothers, and Fatalis. Onarus and Fatalis tryed their best to keep the creatures at bay, but they proved to be too strong, taking the last care-giver I had left away from me. When Onarus was taken, my family fell apart, Rainus desperately searching for our lost brother. And Fatalis, leaving me in my time of greatest need. That treacherous ******* was the one who gave my brother up, I'm sure of it. I have yet to repay him for it...

The Beginning of the End

Even after my family was broken apart, I managed to survive with the help of my pack. I grew into maturity, becoming larger than the raptors in my pack, but was still smaller then my brothers. My life went on as normal, until I was about 4 years old. This was the beginning of the end.

It was the calm before the storm. I was resting idley by the nearby river, tired after bringing down a kill. I heard some snarls and looked over at our leader and his mate. They were fighting, again. I shrugged it off, knowing it would blow over.

I was dead wrong.

Our leader's mate, a raptor by the name of Sharpclaw, snarled and hit our leader in the snout, leaving a light gash on his face. Sharpclaw stormed off into the jungle, leaving LighteningJaw and the rest of the pack stunned. I, myself, made a sorrowful cry, thinking of Sharpclaw as more of a friend than the other raptors in the pack. After the insident, life seemed to return to normal...for a short time.

I awoke one morning to a horrible noise, the sound of a raptor dieing. I raced to the source of the noise, other members of the pack joining me. As we arrived, we saw the bleeding remains of a raptor lying on the ground, our leader standing infront of it. We had no other choice but to kill him, Sharpclaw's leaving the cause. I was one of the unlucky ones, having to assist in his death. At the death of our leader, the pack was no more. I can't say what happened exactly, the insident locked away in my mind. I knew I had one goal, though: To slaughter Sharpclaw for destroying the pack...

The Raptor of Legend

The next few months were the hardest I've had in my life. By the time I found Sharpclaw, I was a killing machine. My stealth, unmatched by all, attained through many months of perfecting. When I had finally found Sharpclaw, I immediatly took action. I brutaly destroyed one of her eggs and gave her mate a deep wound. I had become the raptor of legend, the scourge of Isla Sorna. Upon discovering her destroyed egg, Sharpclaw gave chase, only to be caught off guard by your's truely. I could've killed her, right then and there. But I didn't, wanting the female to suffer as much as I did.

My next action was to make her pack leaderless, trying to make them suffer the same fate as my pack. I underestimated their leader, a Velociraptor by the name of Scar, and was forced to flee, waiting in the shadows until the right time came. That time did come, and Sharpclaw was again the victim. After failing to kill her, I once again had to flee. The next time I saw them was the first tiem I saw Crusher.

In my eyes, Crusher was a brute, nothing more, nothing less. Ignoring the behemouth, I once again attacked Scar, but was chased away by some of his pack. Crusher pursued me for a short time, but I was too fast, despite my size. Scar, however, wasn't about to let me go. Soon we arrived at a human encampment, me not realizing what Scar's intentions were. And then, in a flash, I was captured. Just like my brother. Soon even Crusher suffered the same fate. We were taken off the island and placed in another world. A world run by the very same creatures that took my brother away from me.

The first to escape was a female named Exile, a raptor I knew very little, then me. As the raptor tryed to free Sharpclaw and the others, I attacked, wanting the ones I hated most to be destroyed by the creatures. Thats when I realized I was surronded by them. Instead of finishing Exile, I went on a rampage, killing scores of the "humans". The only thing I could do was try to evenge the capture of my brother, still remembering that horrible day even in my mental state. I soon realized, however, that the killing was pointless. The creatures outnumbered us by the thousands. This was the first time I was considered "sane", but even to this day, I am still insane.

After joining Scar and his group, we were finally sent back to the island. As I stepped on the soft sand of the beach, I finally saw the error of my ways, though, it wouldn't last. I said my goodbyes to Scar and Sharpclaw before heading away from their pack, only to continue the perfection of my stealth. By the time I returned to Scar and his pack, I was a living Shadow.

The Second Coming

I found the pack again after some time, remembering the location from our last meeting. My action, killing a sentry, marking the start of the second coming.

My next attack proved I had no fear, attacking Crusher himself. This would not be the last time, though. Crusher was as much a brute then as he is now, throwing his trust to anyone who speaks to him. He is a powerful ally, but all but the fisheaters call him "friend".

After the attack on Crusher, I turned my attention to Sharpclaw, slashing through the raptors standing between me and her. Once again I was forced to flee, the combined aggression of Crusher and Scar the cause. I again appeared before the pack, this time with envy in my gaze. This was the first time I longed for companionship. I was depressed, walking along to nowhere, not realizing I was walking right into the behemouth.

I blacked out at the sight of him, awaking to find myself with Scar's pack, a rock on the tip of my tail, making it impossible to escape. After a brief talk with Crusher, Scar, and Sharpclaw, they allowed me to join their pack. I was stunned, but did not question Scar's judgement.

I was treated like an outcast, constantly being glared upon for seemily nothing. I didn't faulter, keeping to myself the entire time. Life went on normally, until Scar's brother, Shadow, became leader of the pack. With Scar gone and Shadow unrightfully leader, I fought with the raptor, the battle easily won. Scar got his revenge on his brother, slaying him after a while of fighting. Scar did not return as leader, however, but life seemed to return to normal once again...

Until I found my brother....

When I found Onarus, he was a monster. Metallic plates littered his enourmous body, making it impossible to look at him normally. I questioned Onarus, asking what had happened. All he said was that it was the humans' doing. I was enraged and sorrowful at the same time, wanting to evenge my brother for his disfigurment, but I also wanted to help him, feeling sorry for my only caregiver. Then, without warning, my beloved brother attacked me, forcing me to flee for my life. I was horribly shaken from the event, seeking help from the pack. My crys for help fell upon deaf ears, forcing me to constantly flee. After a long time of running, Onarus finally cornered me and offered me to join him and Rainus. I had no choice but to accept...

Insanity at its Best

Time passed, the opinions and beliefs of Onarus being slowly pushed into my mind, making it conflict with my own thoughts. Onarus told me to kill, to hurt, when Scar and Sharpclaw told me it was wrong, that it was something to avoid. Onarus constantly tormented me, trying to get me angry, to loose my temper. It was like that every day, until one day, after a hunt, I lost it.

Being denied the right to eat from the kill, I went berserk, leaving the pack, too disgusted to remain there. After some time on my own, I finally did loose my "sanity". I fell to the ground screeching, my mind finally giving way to Onarus's opinions. But it was different then what he wanted. He wanted me to be a weapon, when my intentions now were to kill him. My attack on him was seemingly successful, the slaying of my brother not having any effect on me. My next target, however, was a difficult one.

The behemouth himself.

I followed him for a few days, trying to find some weakness. After witnessing his mate patrol the territory and the creature himself show pity to a Carnotaurus, I finally found his weakness. His family. After some time of planning, I finally came to Crusher's nest, casually talking with his child and mate. I wondered over to his juvenile son, eyeing the creature. I struck at the Tyrannosaur, the blow causing it to fall, but not die. My mission successful, I bolted from the nest, knowing the Tyrannosaurs would want me dead.

The monster himself arrived to kill me, giving chase as we bolted through the jungle. I wasn't going to let Crusher hunt me down, and attacked back, jumping to a tree to get to the behemouth's back. I gave him gashes and cuts, but nothing that seemed to effect him. After a long time of fighting, the massive Tyrannosaur gave up, saying that I wasn't worth it. I tryed my best to continue the fight, but it was no use. Even I knew it was pointless, but I was blinded by rage. I followed Crusher to where ever he was going, constantly trying to make him continue our fight. Soon, we arrived at Sharpclaw's pack's cave, me spotting Onarus and Rainus standing outside.

Upon reaching them, I again went berserk, not believing that Onarus had survived. Me and my brother fought feriously, both of us fighting at our fullest. The fight continued into the jungle, more and more wounds appearing on my body and his. Our bodies torn and our spirits destroyed, me and my brother fell, unable to continue our fight. Onarus had the upper hand, even as he lay against a tree, having my other brother at his disposal. I backed off, swearing that the fight would continue another day. I limped off, collapsing in a root cave not long after. I blacked out again, unable to stay awake.

I awoke later that day, exhausted still. I was hungry and needed easy prey. I got up and walked on, finally catching the scent of a hatchling. A raptor hatchling. I could only smell one adult with it as well. An easy meal.

I have never been more wrong.

Upon arriving at a series of underground caves, I was confronted by the hatchling's parent, a young female. This was the best day of my life, for this female was my mate, Steeltalon. Why would the day you fight and almost kill your future mate, be good? Well, if I never fought her, I would have never met her, and that would be unthinkable.

The details of the fight are....vague...The only parts that I do remember were when she broke my arm and leg, and when I broke her leg, the effects lasting long after the fight. I went insane during the fight, becoming more ruthless then ever before. As I downed the female, she cryed out her dieing words. This was...too much for me, even in my mental state. I couldn't let her die.

I couldn't.

I darted into the jungle, coming back with a compy. I layed it beside her, knowing she would need food to survive. I told her hatchling, who's name I discovered to be Silver, to make sure she ate. I wandered outside, having nothing else to do to help. I collapsed at the base of a tree not too far from the caves, exhausted from the fight. I knew I couldn't sleep now, or I would never wake up...

The New Shadow

As I lay against the tree, thoughts poured into my head. My plans, all ruined, the injuries preventing me from finishing my brother. Crusher, the behemouth would kill me without a second thought. And now, I was helpless to defend myself from any predator looking for an easy meal. Unexpectedly, I met the creatures of this area, Redtooth and Greeneye. Redtooth was a normal Spinosaurus, his presence there making me nervous. Greeneye was another Tyrannosaurus, the two predators questioning me to no end. I thought this was how I was going to die, the two massive carnivores infront of me seeming to know the raptor I tryed to kill. Steeltalon herself came out of the cave, and at that moment, I was truely afriad.

The creatures before me talked normally to eachother, confusing me to no end in why they didn't just finish me. Then, the unexpected happened. The raptor I tryed to destroy invited me to stay with her and her hatchling. I was shocked, but had no intention of refusing the offer. I kept to myself that following night, uneasy about being near a raptor that might try to kill me...

The days passed, me slowly regaining my "sanity". The hatchling, Silver, was the only one I grew to trust during those first days. Silver was an energetic hatchling, causing more harm then good most of the time. She was like a daughter to me then, my love for her as if she were my own. Steeltalon was having nightmares about her past, which didn't bode well with me. The hatchling convinced me otherwise, however, my feelings for Steeltalon slightly different from when we first met. I was disgusted by these feelings, always being on my own, not wanting to have a mate or pack of any sort. My opinions on it changed, only finally notcing my true feelings after I left Steeltalon and Silver, returning shortly after. During this time, however, I had a final meeting with Onarus, finally putting the monster to rest, a scar across my eye, the only reminder of his exhistence...

After the death of my brother, all returned to normal. Which, in itself, was a specticle, normal to me was not something that appeared often. My feelings for Steeltalon were stronger now, but the idea of having a mate was a mystery to me. There is no way I could describe Steeltalon, the only word fitting would be "perfect", despite her past. I would have never expected to think this way about any creature, but I do. After many attempts to tell Steeltalon my feelings for her, I was finally ready to tell her, an inturuption preventing me from doing so. The interuption, a raptor by the name of Sandstorm....

Dangerous Love

As Steeltalon ran over to help her old friend, I was stunned, both from surprise, confusion, and anger. In my mind, Sandstorm was another male invading into Steeltalon's territory, and it didn't bode well with me. I didn't act, however, knowing Steeltalon knew this raptor, but my heart was crushed, knowing that she had feelings for him. Silver tryed to convince me, but it was no use, I continued to feel the way I did. Silver decided it would be best if she spread the word of my jealousy to everyone in the clearing, causing me to panic. If Sandstorm or Steeltalon heard her, then my chances of being with Steeltalon would be ruined...

I tryed my best to keep the hatchling quiet, my last plan of action, to take residence in the cave until she tired herself out. The plan didn't work out as I thought it would, Silver eventually waking and telling Steeltalon of my feelings about that invading *******...I mean Sandstorm...

I tryed my best to hide myself, but I had no way of masking my scent, Steeltalon eventually finding me in a corner, the added embarrassment destroying my ability to speak. My words to her didn't help the matter of telling her my true feelings, many of them lies to help me escape. Sandstorm pulled through, however, and helped me walk away without speaking a word about my feelings, this action not as great as it seemed.

During the time when Sandstorm was around, I finally, vaguely enough, admitted my feelings to Steeltalon, finding out she felt the same about me. I still, to this day, am not sure if this ever happened, or did I imagine it all...

Life returned to normal, spare the instances when we tryed to track down the rest of Sandstorm's pack, finally finding his mate, making my spirits rise when we did find Shadow Leaf. Shadow Leaf was unconcious, baring horrific wounds. Sandstorm and Steeltalon cared for the wounded female, me offering as much help as I could. Life was normal...for a short while...

One night, as me and Sandstorm tryed to sleep, all of Steeltalon's allies decided it was a good time to visit. Me and Sandstorm were furious, devising a plan to rid the clearing of the creatures so we could finally rest. We had a moch fight, slamming into as many creatures as possible, save the young ones, who we never intended to hurt or frighten. As we finished our prank, Steeltalon approached me, me knowing it wasn't something good. As she told me to leave, I couldn't take it, finally blacking out. When I awoke, I saw Sandstorm being dragged away by his mate. I couldn't take it, finally unleashing my true anger at the group, telling them that if Sandstorm died, it was their fault alone. And, oddly enough, I told Steeltalon I loved her. As Sandstorm slowly got better, I finally managed to talk to Steeltalon, one on one. I told her of my feelings for her, still not believing the last time happened. She again told me that she felt the same, and I finally asked if this ment that we were mates, the answer being yes.

From the day on, I was the happiest I've ever been. Life was normal, save for my up-beat attitude. Rawclaw was found at the edge of the clearing, the creature must've wandered there by accident. I was worried, thinking that Blade's pack would accuse us of stealing the hatchling, but he was returned safely to his pack shortly after, having met Silver for the first time. Another discussion occured between me and Steeltalon, but it was brief. After some time of normality, I was convincing myself that Steeltalon only said that we were mates to shut me up. I was wrong...

Disbelief

I arrived back at the clearing, thinking it was just another normal day. I saw Steeltalon around some sort of bed, one possibility coming to mind, but I shook it off. As I relaxed, I noticed Steeltalon's attitude, the fact that she lashed out at me as I arrived. It confused me, but again, I payed it no mind. Finally, Silver came over to me, saying the one word that changed my life...

"Congratulations!"

My assumtions were right, the "bed" was a nest, and located inside, were 4 gleaming eggs. I didn't know what to do, I never thought this would happen. Questions ran through my mind, all being thought over as I stood there, confused and unmoving. Of course I was happy, but still confused. Suddenly, I knew what I needed to do: to stand guard and protect Steeltalon, the eggs, and Silver at all costs. Over the following days, I was on constant watch, not daring to even sleep. My personality was transformed, my expression, emotionless. My heart was with Steeltalon, the only creature I would listen to. If she told me to jump, I would jump. Not much happened over that time, only few creatures dared to attack us, those unlucky souls being slaughtered before touching any of the eggs. After many days of constant watch, the day finally arrived. The eggs finally hatched...

Even after the next few days, life did not return to normal. It was better then normal, me being with my mate and hatchlings. My personality returned to normal, being mostly quiet, unemotional. The names of the hatchlings were a mystery to me, but I didn't mind. I was my happiest when with my family, not having a care in the world with them by my side. Suddenly, the happieness was broken, Silver finally leaving the clearing for a life on her own. Steeltalon and I were devistated, the female more like a daughter to both of us....

And here I lay, with my mate and hatchlings. Amazing that a raptor such as I could ever have a family, after what I had done. From an energetic hatchling, to a devistated adult, to a ruthless murderer, to a creature destined to find companionship, and finally to a loving father. The future is a mystery to all, but be sure of one thing, it will always be told through the Eyes of the Shadow.
Last edited by TyrannoTitan on Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 11 times in total.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:50 pm

Dude.... All I can say is its awesome! The first paragrapgh was just chilling.
Best of luck to you in the future of writing
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby HorseGal » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:24 pm

I know, the way you write. It's very good! I hope to read the rest! :)
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:23 pm

lol..so this is your idea of a reason behind a fight. well, i have to admit, this story, so far, is awesome. keep going. i'll be keeping an eye on it. i MAY make something similar...revealing the full life story of Crusher....but im gonna read this first...see how it turns out...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:40 pm

Second chapter posted.

Thanks for the comments! :P
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:46 pm

sharp claw, that *****! kill her darky! :twisted:

good story. can't wait for more
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Iceking » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:28 pm

this is a very good story. can't wait for more.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:50 pm

Chapter three added.

Enjoy :)
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:52 pm

like it. can't wait for darkness to explain who made him angry when grunt was alive.
Last edited by Iceking on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby dinoman666 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:55 pm

This is one cool story!
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:57 pm

Nice. Really grabs my attention. Can't wait for your next chappie.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:19 pm

Thanks Everyone.

Next Chapter posted.
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:20 pm

Nice next chapter.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:24 pm

Nice...can't wait for the next chappie.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Iceking » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:25 pm

can't wait to see the next cahpter. this fan fic is getting very interesting.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:28 pm

It looks like he didnt like Crushy much :) nice chapter. I never knew that he actually joined that pack. Ill have to try read up on it.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby C S » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:30 pm

NEXZT CHAPTER NOW!!! *dumps my jaws fanfic*
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:41 pm

Thanks.

Next Chapter up :)
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:41 pm

Sweet!
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:43 pm

Sweet. Nice to know his opinions on Steeltalon.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Next

Return to Single Writer Fiction