Spanish for Devil

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Spanish for Devil

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:10 am

Well, everyone seems to be makeing these. Why can't I? Spanish for devil, it's about my character Diablo. The carnotaur. It's one of those: "THrough the eyes of:" stories. Enjoy.

In the Beggining

When born into the planet, much is a blur to you. But my life has been crystal clear. When I was young I didn’t know right from wrong. I was so innocent, and so young. My mother was the only one there, my father being very distant. It’s as if every memory involving him is blank, and mysterious, and yet so familiar. It’s hard to explain exactly what I have been through, exactly what life has done to me. And exactly how I can deal with it the way I do. But me, being an average Carnotaur, can at least think over some. But sometimes I don’t really want to think over them. Like how I was separated. From everything I loved I was cast away. My parents disappeared in a blur, and I was all alone. Nine years later, I had a battle with a juvenile Spinosaur. That was when I was bold, powerful. Not afraid. And I one, miraculously, I scared it off. But it didn’t do much when I stumbled into the wron-… Well, for me, the right Predator’s territory.

The Highlights

How can I begin to explain how horrifying it is when an animal about four times your size roars a thundering below, shaking the island? And none the less, I came to fight with him. Crusher, the giant rex, was my first step towards what would be the rest of my life. And lets just say, whatever size my ego was, it was definitely reduced to the size of a pea when I resorted to foolish tricks to get out of the carnivore’s way. None worked, and I only reduced my self more when I offered to be his entertainment. And guess what. Now I’m the defense. Anything that comes into the territory is to be devoured whole. Why? Crusher, apparently, likes a tidy territory. I don’t know. And to tell the truth, it all went good for quite a while. A few mishaps, but I could travel through like, half the island without a care in the world. And I had protection, witch was what a growing Carnotaur like me needs of course. And the simple pleasures became more apparent. Until the day I saw the mutants. The feeling of difference, it was so weird. They had an eerie quality to me, and after aiding Crusher in a brawl with them, all I could do is stare at what remained. I didn’t even have the mind to answer Crusher when he asked what was wrong. And I headed back to my territory.

The Mutants

When something is different than what you expect. When it is so strange and diverse, you can’t help but fear, or hate them. These creatures were heartless, as far as I knew. Killing machines in a six foot tall package. And when I was attacked randomly by them, my feelings for them were no different, my toe was the first, out of many injuries I would soon obtain. But the way they attacked. The way they only yielded to there own death, was just so eerie and cruel. Life was life. The strongest survive, and I, a healthy, well built, and decently happy, carnotaur was almost whipped off the large tally count of this islands seemingly infinite creatures. And that was when it became apparent that survival, then the simple pleasures, came first. And that was when, after I healed, I asked Crusher to help me fend for myself.

And Then There Was Me

Everybody seems to be an orphan, so is my story really any different? No, not at all. While most dinosaur’s parents have died, I lost mine. They are out there, and I don’t really think much of them. When I went to do a bit of exploring, like I was known to do, they disappeared. Poof. They were gone a vacant hole in my memory. The nest had no chicks in it. There were no foot prints, and I was alone. I sat down naturally expecting them to come back. I sat there. For months, and months. And I thought they’d be there, and I knew they would. But they didn’t. And as I sat there I got bigger, and smarter, and stronger. And they never bothered to find me. And because of that I never bothered to think of them as parents. I learned everything from the ground up. By myself. I learned to hunt, I learned to use my camouflage, and I learned to defend myself. But not as well as I would have if I had actual parents, so when I was to get my lesson from Crusher I was eager to be a powerful creature. To learn from every mistake, and to impress the giant rex, and prove that I am not a week little Carnotaur grasping desperately to life. And on the assigned day, Crusher didn’t show. I was alone. So I sat there to wait. And the memory of my child hood came to haunt me. And a piece of me slowly died that day. As I thought “Oh god what have I done with my life?” And I didn’t want much to do with the training that day anymore.

Simple Pleasures

And so I lived my life, training went on the next day, and from then on it was good. My tendency to break things when I was angry kind of scared food away, but at least I still got a meal in via scavenging every once in a while. But that didn’t really help my self esteem. And then when I was wondering once again, I noticed a Charcha, looking out into Crusher’s territory with lustful eyes. The creature may have easily been 2 times my size. And what I did next was kind of stupid now that I think of it. But I charged, instead of alerting Crusher I charged, and easily, nearly met the cold hard touch of death once again. And everything was a flash, the Charcha was gone and I was with a few raptor’s, bleeding. They saved me, something no one had done in a long while. And my gratitude? Absolutely nothing besides falling flat onto the ground right next to a female. I rived in pain there, trying to get up before Crusher saw me in such a pitiful state. He could kill a charcha half asleep, a Carnotaur barely surviving against one would probably be hysterical to him. And when I found my way to the territory I felt so stupid inside. I hadn’t thanked the raptor’s in some way, I hadn’t acted like I should have around Crusher, and I looked like the complete and total fool of the island. Mobility? Forget it my leg was broken and I couldn’t leave my territory until it was healed. And Crusher aiding me, giving me a giant chunk of delicious Apatosaurus meat was nice and all. But utterly embarrassing. The rex showed pity to me now. Obviously I was stooped to a level that I would be stereotyped to for quite a while.

Wishful Thinking

All went by well. My life was going upwards, and I was fairly happy. Over a three month period my leg was healed and I was ready to hunt once again. And of coarse I did. Hunting was a time of reflection for me this time around. As I chewed through the meat of my victim I thought on and on about what my life could be. Not what it is, but what I could make it if I did something. And the thought of a mate rang through his head like a siren. And me, being the shy predator I was, didn’t think I could do much. Who would love some slimy little leach, clinging to a giant rexes territory and reaping the benefits? Obviously you can tell here that I don’t think much of myself. But the thought was still there, and I would be thinking about it for quite some time. But my cowardly attitude had to go, and I knew it. But it wouldn’t be easy, and It was a long road before I did anything about it.
Last edited by TyrantTR on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:27 am

Very interesting...definately looking forward to reading more.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:36 am

I'm glad you like it.

The next chapter is up.

Edit: And another one. I think I'm done with that for today.

:P
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:12 pm

Nice one, cant wait for more chapters
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:44 pm

Cool, I started a trend. :P

Seriously, its good. Only problem I can see is spelling, but thats not a big deal. Great work TTR.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:35 pm

Very nice,TTR. Its like hes actually telling you the story.

10/10 :D
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Return to Single Writer Fiction