Kinda a JP Fanfic but not!

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Kinda a JP Fanfic but not!

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:03 am

Okay, i started writing this a while back, but with the opening of this forum, i think i'll carry on. I'm not giving away the storyline as i like to leave people guessing :) But it's not following the storyline of JP. Dinosaurs are present and it's an island but that's about as far as the connection goes!
Okay, this is the prologue and it won't make any sense as of yet but will with the next installment. Here it is:

Prologue

The undergrowth was torn apart as young women fled through, her eyes never taking in the slightest hint of her surroundings. Tears streamed down her face like a waterfall and they wouldn’t stop. Her mind was whirring so fast and it was all unintelligable nonsense. It was just a blur. A passing dream. Well, more of a passing nightmare.

Suddenly a large oak tree root lashed out at her, making her trip and stumble to the dusty ground. She struggled to get up, but stumbled once again. Her desperation was the blood in a wound, it was seeping out of her at a rapid rate. She had to get up; she had to run, move as fast as she could. Yet again, she attempted to stand up but slipped on the muddy ground. Thoughts were racing through her head. Mixed thoughts and pictures. Pictures that couldn’t be real.

The rain was pouring in through a gap in the canopy of leaves. It was flooding all over the limp figure as she lay face down in the mud. It was agony for her. Hysterical cries escaped her mouth every so often, but she struggled to keep them within. The pain came from deep inside her feeble frame, and it pulsed against her, driving the emotion to surrender.

But she ignored the force and tried to get to her feet for the last time. She succeeded but grief overwhelmed her. She fell to her knees and started sobbing uncontrollably. Many emotions were running through her. She couldn’t cope with them. Rolling over onto her side, the world around her became a whirlpool of dark colours. Her eyes slowly closed against her will, as her brain slowly shut down to the world...

Chapter 1

The sun's warm rays cast in through a tiny window, shadows made by several tiny wooden rolls of bark inbetween. A steady drip of water was a reacurring sound, a ceaseless noise unbeknown to a middle aged woman lying motionless on a what appeared to be a matteress made of straw. She rolled over whilst in slumber and the tiny piece of material carefully placed upon her fell aside onto the cold wooden floor. The woman looked at much peace, her mind free from the insecurities which would soon surface upon leaving that state. But the state of sleep was one of which she could not currently stay at. Her mind had already rested enough. It was time for her to awaken and face the horrors of the previous night...

Her eyes slowly opened revealing a location which she did not recognise. She rubbed her eyes in disbelief but she was still in this strange wooden room. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and peered at her surroundings trying to make sense of them. It was then that the memories came flooding back.

"No..." She moaned softly as her legs gave way beneath her and she fell upon the floor. Her cries increased in volume as she was overcome with grief. "David..."

Suddenly a sharp sounding voice shot through the air. The woman on the floor turned to look, and noticed a dark coloured man, standing over her. Instinctivly, she recoiled and tried to move away to the corner but the man had grabbed her arm. She shrieked in alarm and thrust her arm out of the man's grip. Never taking her eyes of the man, she retreated to the corner, her sobbing momentarily quietened by this new threat.

"Neme!" He shouted with an air of authority, "Neme!" The woman looked up at him and yelled back her confusion.
"I don't know what you're talking about!" The man looked at her, taken aback by this sudden outburst. Again he repeated the strange word, pointing at himself this time and saying another unitelligable word.
The woman looked at him and finally understood. "Mary..." she began, pointing at herself. "My name is Mary."

The man seemed satisfied and repeated the the womans name. He then walked back out of the room, shutting the poorly developed wooden door behind him.
Last edited by o-eternal-o on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:40 pm

Wow..........Just wow.........You are quite the writer! You sound like a pro! Can't wait for more!
TyrannoTitan

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:14 pm

Last edited by o-eternal-o on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:50 pm

brilliant....absolutely brilliant. i have only one request: from now on, update the first post, instead of posting another chapter. after updating it, post a post to inform everyone of a new post. i know it's a bit more hassle, but then people don't have to go on for ages searching through the pages for the next installment a couple of months from now...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:06 pm

Okay, understood! :wink:
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:21 pm

when's the next installment? :D
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Peter the Reaper » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:44 pm

Wonderfully written. I could picture the scenes in my mind.
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby o-eternal-o » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:58 pm

Thanks, i've still yet to write the next part, i've just been to be busyy at the moment. I will write as soon as i'm able to though.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:34 pm

Again I can't wait for more.Hope you get time to write it.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Peter the Reaper » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:07 pm

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:Again I can't wait for more.Hope you get time to write it.

Time sucks! Once, I went to a dinner party with her, and she totally got drunk! She embarrassed me all night!
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:08 pm

Coming from the person who loves full blown anger? Bet you'd like to take her to a dinner party? I'll stick with taking time.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Peter the Reaper » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:41 pm

eternal_rocker_chick wrote:Coming from the person who loves full blown anger? Bet you'd like to take her to a dinner party? I'll stick with taking time.

bah, at least full blown anger is fun! unlike some reds I know...
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:39 pm

^ OFF TOPICER! Well anyway like I said can't wait. Your a very good writer.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Peter the Reaper » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:35 pm

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:^ OFF TOPICER!

why, thank you! You really didn't need to!
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Return to Single Writer Fiction