Short Story/Slasher

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Short Story/Slasher

Postby MoonStar » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:36 am

From underneath the trees, we watch the sky,
Confusing stars for satellites.
I never dreamed that you'd be mine,
But here we are, we're here tonight.

“Frankie, I’m scared.”

Frank looked down at the younger boy who now started to sob into his shirt. He looked back up at the quiet and calm sky, which held glistening stars, through the branches of the tree they sat in. It was misguiding, how the sky was so calm; yet the world wasn’t. He turned his head as another sound of a bomb went off in the distance, followed by gunshots. He clutched the small frame of the boy next to him closer and looked as smoke began to rise in the distance before fading into the darkened sky.

“Shhh, baby,” he cooed lightly, “it’ll be over soon, I promise.”

Singing Amen, I'm alive.
Singing Amen, I'm alive.

The younger boy held onto him closer as he started to try and block the rest of the world from his mind, the horrible sound that seemed to cling in the air and sight. Frank was used to this, how his little Ryan would try and repeat that they weren’t going to die. He sighed and looked down at his curled fist, too sad to see Ryan so fragile and broken. He opened his fist to reveal a Star of David. He looked back up towards the distance.

It was them that they were after.

If everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
We'd see the day when nobody died.

Anger took over Frank as he watched his angel, his little angel, sit there and cry tears that never needed to be cried. He held him as close as he could, looking into the distance, glaring at the sky for doing this. It was their entire fault that his little Ryan was so broken up inside. It was their fault that they were killing him inside with all their unnecessary romping and raging over things that didn’t matter. Yes, they were Jews, and yes, they were gay. Did it matter to them? No.

“When can we climb down?” Ryan barely whispered.

“Soon, baby, soon,” he answered as he slowly began to rock him in his arms.

And I'm singing…
Amen I, I'm alive,
Amen I, I'm alive.

“I promise than we get out of here, we’ll go to America…I promise we’ll escape…I promise I’ll take care of you and never let them hurt you,” Frank looked down at Ryan, the sadness in his voice.

Ryan nodded tiredly into his shirt and barely whispered, “I know”. Frank sighed, looking at him and then turning to the sky as a tear slid down his face.

“I promise.”

And in the air the fireflies,
Our only light in paradise.
We'll show the world they were wrong,
And teach them all to sing along.

They were alive physically, yes. But inside they were dead. Hollow bodies with no soul as they sneaked through the trees, trying to avoid getting caught. If they were lucky, they wouldn’t. Frank gripped Ryan’s hand tighter as they ran through the shadow of a big oak tree. Hearing a sound, they suddenly stopped and turned to the sound, trying to back into the shadows and not be seen.

Singing Amen,
I'm alive.
Singing Amen,
I'm alive.

Frank let out a breath he didn’t notice he had been holding in. It was a little tabby cat was all. The little kitten ran forward, obviously excited to see someone. Ryan leant down and picked up the scrawny cat. Frank smiled to himself as he watched Ryan inspect the kitten, who obviously needed food, for you could see it’s bones through it’s skin. He leaned forward and pets the kitten, smiling as it licked his hand. Ryan beamed up at him and held the kitten.

Watching Ryan hold that kitten and pet it tore Frank’s heart to pieces. Broken and weary, Ryan could still muster enough love to help this little kitten out, even though he hadn’t needed to. He could have easily thrown it aside and not cared even one thought more about it. But no, his little angel had to help that little kitten. He had to take him in his arms and make sure he was ok. He had to carry that kitten with them, even though it made a risk of them getting caught if it decided to meow when they were in a danger zone.

And as we lie beneath the stars,
We realize how small we are.
If they could love like you and me,
Imagine what the world could be.

“Are you ok?”

Frank snapped back to reality as he looked over at Ryan and smiled. He turned his head back to the stars above their heads and nodded lightly, taking a few moments to give a real answer.

“Yea…just, memories,” he sighed lightly, making sure it was light enough so Ryan couldn’t hear it.

Ryan nodded and pet the little tabby cat in his arms.

Maybe if we learned how to love, a story like their wouldn’t happen. Yes, they ended up in America, just like Frank had promised, but they paid a toll for it. They didn’t have any family left, other than the little tabby cat they found that night. They had to completely start over when they reached America: new cloths, new place to live, new rules, everything. World War 2 would rage on for now, but they would finally be away from the death threats each day.

We'd see the day,
We’d see the day,
When nobody died.
We'd see the day,
We’d see the day,
When nobody died,
Pretty boy with a gun, Bang-Bang fun-fun
MoonStar
Worm
Worm

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:50 am

*sniff* ...That was beautiful...
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby MoonStar » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:51 am

^_^ [She'd smile] Thank you
MoonStar
Worm
Worm

Postby Iceking » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:54 am

interesting story, moonstar. i can't wait for the next chapter.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby MoonStar » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:55 am

Thank you. But thats it. I have other stories but none as good as this Slasher
MoonStar
Worm
Worm

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:21 pm

That was pretty cool
( it helped that I listened to the song while reading it :P )
I liked the part where he reveals the star of David. It was a powerful line in my eyes as it pointed this out as real time conflict, that things like that happened. Not just another made up war, despite that it is just a story. The little kid confused me though, I couldn't tell if he was about 7 or much younger.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Return to Single Writer Fiction