The last stand

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

The last stand

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:28 pm

I'll let you figuire out what it's about, :wink:
I'll give you a hint: it has no relations whatsoever with X-men.

CHAPTER I:

Sunday March 4, 2017 12:01 Erie, Pennsylvania:

I opened my eyes, which revealed a TV that was not turned off. I read the word live. I sat up on the couch and deicided to let my ears and eyes tune in fully.

"-, which has not been approved by the United States Government. The body count is estimated to be around 120 and the cause of death is uncertain." The camera was on a news reporter who was standing on some kind of elavator and behind them brocken glass, bodies and cops. It looked like madness.
"Many victims appear to have been rotten much more than expected. Others, which seem to be the staff of the institute, seem to have bite marks on them, as well as ripped skin and some organs occasionaly. A few victims have scratch marks and a different type of bite mark, which seems much less humoniod and more dog-like. Some unidenified fur has also been found. On top of this,"

I turned the set off and reached for the phone. After punching in some numbers, I heard a "Hello?" on the other end.
"It's Matt." I responded.
"Ah, Matt. You see that news report?"
"Ya. What was going on?"
"I think it's just some pack of wolves that came out of there. Some geneticly modified wolves."
"Geneticly modified? I came in on the part were they said the government didn't approve of it."
"Well, it's some genetics facillity, in case your interested."
"Ok. Well, I was going to ask were I could find a good car repair shop is."
"Ah. There's one in Rohen lane. It's pretty good."
"Ok. Thanks."
"See ya Matt."
See ya Richard."
I hung up and then got dressed as I prepared to leave. I was going to fix my car that got some problems with it. I wasen't so sure about mutant wolves, but I deicided to forget about it and move on.

CHAPTER II:

Sunday, March 4, 2017 15:45 Erie, Pennsylvania:

"Well, Thanks for fixing my car." I said, grabbing my keys and heading to my car.

"No problem. Call if you are in need of my services again."

I got in my seat and put the key in, and drove out. I was on the road, going about 50-55 miles per hour. I was on the highway. I was making my way into the more rural part of this city when I caught a glimpse of a man running on the feilds about a half mile away. He looked bulky, but I couldn't make out any more from the distance. I slowed down as I drove onto an exit and headed toward home. My eyes were on the man (I checked occasionaly for cars, of cource though.) He was running. Running like hell. I pulled over onto the grass and hoped out of the car. I grabbed my binoculars and zoomed into the figuire.

Now the reason I deicided to pull over is because he had a farmiliar clothing on. I looked and I saw a ripped version of a coat that I knew I saw somewere put I couldn't quite get my finger on it...
I went back into my car and drove home.

On the way home I realized were I saw the coat: one of the lab coats of the victims of the mysterious homiside on the news! A surviver, probably! I rushed back home, eager to get to my phone. (I forgot my cell at the house.)

When I got home I dialed Richard's number.

"Matt?" a farmiliar voice said.

"Ya, Rich, I just saw some guy with one of the coat's the guys on the news had!

"Amazing. You saw a newsreporter." he said sarcasticly.

"No, I mean one of the victims. Like the lab guys."

"What the- you mean- a survivor?"

"Ya. Pretty much."

"Well what the hell did he say?"

"I saw him at a distance. Never got to talk to him."

"Why didn't you follow him?"

"Didn't realize it until I was going home."

"Oh, well that sucks. Well, I have to go."

"Ok. Bye"

"Bye."

I hung up and turned on the news. It was just some report on some rapist or someting. I turned it off and wondered what was going on.

So apperently one guy got away. But where were the wolves? How did they dissapear so suddenly? It was puzziling, puzziling indead. Well, I was hungry, so I deicided to get a bite to eat. Maybe I'd manage to get a report in the morning.

CHAPTER III:

Monday, March 5, 2017 7:05 Erie, Pennsylvania:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock beeping. I turned it off and got off. All I could think about was the man running and the lab incident. I walked down stairs as my cat brushed his head against my foot. I picked him up and he gave a meow. I let him down on the couch and grabbed the remote. I flipped it to channel 7 and breaking news was on the top of the screen, along with the red words live. The reporter was in front of a building, with mauled corpses behind her, as well as a door opened, revealing a basement. She said:
"Now whatever caused the deaths in this facility has come up from the secret basement and killed several cops ready to shoot anything that moved. One cop was found ripped apart this morning. He was frozen in terror before he died. Another thing is that several of the dead corpses have moved significently from their first location and now lay elsewere. The secret basement seems to have been huge and the local government body is currently annalizing discs and papers found in the lab. These discoveries have only been kept within Erie's government and have not been given to the Pennsilvania or US government. Now only huminiod bites have been found, and apparently most of the ones with canine bites and scratches have not moved their position."

The news switch to something else when I heard my phone ring. I picked it up and answered "hello?"
"Matt... the news..."
"Ya I know. Apparently those wolves are gone."
"Ya... I think it's some kind of cannibalistic cult that realeased wolves last night and then the wolves escaped."
"That sounds like a good theory. But what's with the moving corpses? And why can't the cops destroy a cult?"
"Well, they probably moved the corpses around and ate them there. And beilive me, I've heard some weird thing about these cults. Doing some creapy stuff."
"Ya. Okay, I have to go to work today."
"Bye."
"See ya Richard."

He hung up the phone as I did the same. Then I grabbed my keys and went to the garage. I opened the garage door and climbed into my truck. I drove off to work, thinking still of these attacks. Why was the cult dissapearing at night?
Last edited by Raptor Llama on Sat May 03, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:47 am

Hmmm, it's ok though I think could be lengthened. Unless it's a prologue of course.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Raptor Llama » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:10 am

I had to go, so I had to finish up quick. This is (hopefully) the shortest chapter in the whole friggin story. Others should probably be much longer than this.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:07 am

That's fine then, I'm sure the next chapter will be better then.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Raptor Llama » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Chapter 2 is up, as well as I have now given a date and time for both chapters (it's in millitary time.) It will be even longer when I action starts happening.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Raptor Llama » Sat May 03, 2008 6:23 pm

Chapter 3 is up, and I think the next chapter onward is going to be longer than these chapters.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Return to Single Writer Fiction