The Death of Sesa 'Refum

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

The Death of Sesa 'Refum

Postby Buwx » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Well... due to Dino bein a bit of a smart***, Im posting a bit of my writing. Ees from Halo 2, when Arbiter kills the heretic leader.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Tell me again Oracle... how did this come to be-- why did this come to be? Of all the work I've done, of all the time... the Covenant still discovered it, and have now crushed it to pieces," remarked the Sangheili. He was tall and slender, and his armor was a dark red with an anti-gravity pack clipped to his spine, his eyes were covered with a clear guard, and his armor covered with faults and mishaps, there were long, spiny, spikes emerging from his shoulder pads, and wires clearly seen around his collar. Hovering beside him was a small, glowing construct, it's single eye glowing a bright blue, "Well, as I stated previously, it is possible that-" the Sangheili interrupted, "I'm sorry Oracle, but it wasn't a question worth answering to..."
"Oh, very well then."
The Sangheili soon leaped atop of the single Seraph fighter, and began to board; however, he was interrupted by a new voice, "Turn heretic," it demanded.
All that Sesa felt, was the agonizing pain of failure, his works against the Covenant proving to be nothing but a waste of time... but he would have to try-- try to live, this work mustn't be worth nothing. He quickly turned to face the source of the voice, and saw a Sangheili in silver-clad... Thel ‘Vadamee, the Covenant’s new Arbiter, "Arbiter,” he started, leaping off the Seraph’s hull, “I would rather die by your hand, then let the prophets lead me to slaughter," It was obvious that the Arbiter had his mind set as he spoke, "Who has taught you these lies?” however, this changed as he was shocked by the appearance of the forerunner-construct, "The Oracle!" he yelped. Sesa smirked, struck with an idea, he neared Thel, comfronting the Arbiter face-to-face, as doing so, the construct greeted the silver-armored Sangheili, "Hello! I am 343 Guilty Spark. I am the monitor of Installation 04." Sesa shifted his gaze upward to Guilty Spark, and then back at the Arbiter, "Ask the oracle about Halo. How they would sacrifice us all for nothing," he commanded. The monitor pulled back with joy, and stared back at Thel, "More questions? Splendid! I would be happy to assist you," he exclaimed with enthusiasm. Sesa watched as the Arbiter looked up the monitor, and freed his carbine of his tense grip, he seemed as if he were about to speak, this was Sesa’s perfect moment to attack. None was heard but the swift blasts of Sesa’s plasma rifles piercing the Arbiter’s ancient armor, and forcing the veteran warrior into cover. Without pause, Sesa leaped from his spot, and landed upon the Seraph’s hull, snatching two silver spheres that were attached to his thigh, "The Sangheili are blind, Arbiter... but I... will make them see," he coaxed as he activated the spheres, forcing them to glow a bluish glow, and they instantly took flight. Sesa stood back, brining his rifles into an offensive stance, as he watched the spheres land forward of the Arbiter, and explode into holo-drones. Yet another smirk emerged upon the heretic’s face, as he watched his life-like drones emerge from the static and blue luminescence, Thel ‘Vadamee would die today, he though.
Thel grabbed his Type-52 Carbine, and exited his cover, facing the holo-drones, whom began to open fire immediately as Sesa flew off to hide. With no other option, Arbiter had to eliminate the drones as quickly as possible, and then find Sesa 'Refum. He fired his carbine at the drones, and with the mere maneuvering of right and left, took out the drones with a couple direct shots.
Sesa heard the drones explode, and he cursed under his breath, this wouldn’t be as easy as he thought, but his will to live kept him going. He would continue to fight, the heretics would no be stopped! His confidence got the best of him, making him feel as if he were invincible as he began to taunt Thel, "How did the prophets buy your loyalty Arbiter? A new command, a new fleet,... or was it the promise... their 'Great Journey'?" He flew out of his hiding, and began to shoot rampantly, the plasma bolts heard throughout the small hangar... but the Arbiter was nowhere to be found. "Where are you?" he whispered to himself, as he landed behind the Seraph fighter. His confidence soon turned into nothing but fear, he had made a terrible mistake by leaving his cover, a terrible mistake indeed. Who was he to challenge Thel ‘Vadamee? Who was he to attempt to kill the Covenant’s finest? His thoughts got the best of him, his throat choking under the tension. I cannot believe it, he thought, my work has no meaning anymore... I am nothing anymore, my army defeated, my plans foiled... the Covenant has- but he was interrupted from his thoughts, by the screeching roar of a covenant blade, freshly activated, and then the crackling of bone. He screaming in terror, and the last thing he felt was the piercing stab of a blade going through his back, and out his chest... but then nothing- nothing at all, for Sesa 'Refum was dead... the Heretic... was dead.
"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just... do things." - The Joker
Buwx
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Tediz » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:22 am

Ish awesomness! ... Now post the rest of it, lol.

But really, that's really good bro.
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Return to Single Writer Fiction