A little bit stranger.

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

A little bit stranger.

Postby Tediz » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Prologue
I don't know how long they've kept me here. Here in this bird cage. This little pit they call a reforming center.' At least that's what they tell the media, the press, the public. It's ironic, really. Suppose to be such a civilized place. They don't let ordinary people in, claiming that if the people kept here saw them it would ruin the 'program.' They just don't want anyone to know the truth. This is not a reforming center. This is hell.
Here, on this little Island. This Asylum. Everyone here is pathetic. The Guards, the prisoners, even me. Simply pathetic. A maximum security prison. I sit here now in my straight jacket, at the bottom of miles of underground rock. I can hear the storm outside. Waves crashing upon the Island above me, thunder striking in the sky. I hear everything down here. Riots above, Guards trying to keep Prisoners in check. Sometimes I even hear the beatings.
Oh, you should hear the beatings. They call this Island a fake name. They also call us one. Criminally Insane. We are insane? Bah, we are not insane. We simply see the world for what it is. They are the ones who are crazy. How are they crazy? Many reasons I suppose.
One of them would be that the Guards are just cruel. Cruel to us. They beat us for no reason, at the smallest thing. They think we are nothing more than scum. And maybe we are, but we don't beat people for no reason. Well... That's a lie. Most of us have. But if we kill someone, we usually have a reason to. We don't beat someone to death just for the hell of it.
Another reason would probably be there lies. They think lying to the media is a good idea. Lying about everything in this place. It's sad, really, that they have to do this. If one person knew about the things that went on here, the things I have not even told you yet, the entire Island would be shut down.
But the most important reason the Guards are crazy. They think they can hold me here forever? ...They must be out of their minds.
This is were they keep the rejects of the world. Of all corners, of all races and religions. This is what happens to the bogeyman under your bed when he is found. The people here deserve to die. Even I. But for one reason or another, we haven't. We've been sentenced to life on this place. This little pile of rocks and ruble, home to what they call 'criminally insane.'
This is one of the biggest and well kept security prisons in the world. This is were they keep people that are just a little bit stranger.
They keep me at the bottom, away from most of the rest. In my own, private little cell. Oh joy, how I am lucky. They keep me here, because like the prisoners, I am also a little bit stranger. Stranger than everyone else here.
The Guard is coming now. And this is were my story starts. The story of how I earned my name. My beautiful, beautiful name. They think they can keep me here. I sit against my wall, arms tied to my sides. I lay on the ground while the Guard his me, kicks me, assaults me. As he leaves, I stay on the ground, a huge pile of blood and bruises. I stare at the wall, eyes swollen so much I almost can not see it.
And I smile. I smile for what is to come. Smile for what I know will eventually happen to the Guards. Smile for the Freedom of Chaos I will soon give the prisoners. We are just a little bit stranger. We are able to go over the line, cross it to the other side. Do what needs to be done to escape. They just need a leader.
Most of all, I smile for the entertainment I will soon give the world once I leave this place. This is the story of how I earned my name. Smiling, I still lay on the ground, feeling my warm blood against my face. This is going to be fun.
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Return to Single Writer Fiction