Descent to Darkness

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Descent to Darkness

Postby Anaclagon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:13 am

After being influenced by several things, I decided to make this story about a possible new SEW Character. Star Wars is not my own, this is just a fan-fic that has nothing to do with canon history. Same thing with my control of the Imperials in SEW...its not canon its all alternate history thats been influenced and developed by myself.

Anyways...here it goes

My name doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter what planet I was born on….nothing matters. I was raised as a Jedi along with my two brothers and my cousin, Marcus. Jedi forbid such attachments…attachments to family, we were told to have compassion but no attachment…this confused me. Due to the complications of the Order we rarely saw each other but when we did…we would greet each other and smile and speak of things like Jedi did. When time came to become beyond a padwan…I had become a Knight but something always interested me. It was the force…good and evil. I tried questioning what was good and what was evil in my mind, I was a mere padwan back then but I wanted to avoid asking such stupid questions. When the Republic Civil Wars came…I was told not to join. I was a Jedi Knight but even then, my old master told me that it wasn’t our cause...we were guardians of peace, not soldiers. Then I saw him…Revan. His charisma, his power…all must have envied it. Everywhere I go, I heard how he had done something amazing…something unheard of. He was so young and was a Knight himself but had powers that exceeded some masters but that was rapidly changing.

Revan was arrogant, overconfident yet how could he not. He was a mere Knight yet he was on the Jedi Council but not made a master. This angered him…we could feel it. What bothered me was his rather close attachment to a Jedi…a Jedi whose beauty I found near irresistible…she was so beautiful yet I was a Jedi…I was not allowed to love . A force bond existed between the two…that bond was rather close…almost too close. At times I wondered how close those two really were…was it hidden love? Yet how can this be. We were Jedi…meant to follow the Jedi Code. Revan was defying it…it made no sense, how could somebody as powerful and gifted as him and only getting stronger yet still turn out to be a Jedi who had many flaws…flaws that could change him to something else.

Did he know something I did not? Was the Jedi Code broken…was it wrong?...these questions plagued my mind, I thought about approaching the council but I was too ashamed…

When the Mandolorian Wars came, I didn’t join. Several of my friends did…they all flocked to of course…Revan. The Republic was being defeated on all fronts but Revan changed that again. He defied the Jedi Council and only grew stronger from it. The people loved him…he was a Hero while those other Jedi who didn’t join could only watch and shake their heads . I said this to no one but I envied him…I envied everything about him…as time went on and on, the Mandolorians were being beaten back and destroyed. Yet the results were brutal, its said that in one battle, Revan lost 10 men for every Mandalorian slain. The council could not stop him…it was too late. There was another problem…A Dark Lord of the Sith was within the ranks of the Jedi and the Republic. They couldn’t focus on Revan’s war to save the Republic…they had to deal with this Dark Side threat. Every once in a while…Revan returned to the Capital only to be praised by the other Jedi and the Senators…it was bothering me…still the fact he turned a weak Republic Military into a highly effective fighting war machine amazed me. One could argue that Revan alone mad the difference...

But when he finally turned for good after the war…and the Jedi Purge begun…I snapped. My anger has grown, my hate has turned to rage. I wanted him dead…I wanted him to suffer. The Old Republic found itself becoming the Galactic Empire. Thousands upon thousands of Jedi were killed in a single night when Revan raided the temple with an army of soldiers. Many more fell in the following months. Revan was at the forefront…personally killing the strongest ones and even single handily entered secret locations that housed groups…only to emerge victorious. How could the Jedi Council be so blind? Revan was slowly turning to the Dark Side only then did he truly reveal his intentions. He assumed the title Dark Lord of the Sith…Darth Revan…its odd how somebody like him turned from a Hero to a Villain…a Savior to a Conqueror. Revan declared himself the Galactic Emperor of his new Empire…he was now the new Dark Lord of the Sith…the previously one having shaped Revan’s destiny into a Sith but was killed before he could declare himself Emperor.

I regrouped with my family, or at least who I had…I had not seen my brothers since I was a padwan. My two brothers and my cousin where all I had left. We bought ourselves an old starship and with some repairs, upgraded it and made it fit to travel the galaxy. We tried to get away from the massacres but they just kept following us…we could not ignore Revan’s bloody campaign to destroy the Jedi. The Jedi took open arms and waged war along with several other rebellious star systems. War engulfed the galaxy once more and Revan was now fighting to secure his Empire. On the planet Kessel…a large group of Jedi remained hidden. They openly allowed Revan to find their location. This was our chance to bring balance and reclaim the galaxy…

Failure was all that came. Every single Jedi there was killed. I barely escaped, had it not been for my brothers, I too would be dead but Revan allowed us to flee. He was mocking me and I only felt myself going down a darker path…I would fight him again…and I intended to kill him…

Who I am has changed. I was blinded by the Jedi…I was a fool. Now I stand against a man who cant be beaten. I’ve tried everything but it has ended in failure. He’s stronger…faster…smarter…my anger boils. My hate grows with each moment as I stare at the armored figure before me. His lightsaber has slain my brothers but not only them…my family…the Jedi Order was destroyed thanks to him. I don’t care if this former Jedi saved the Republic from the Mandaloirans. I don’t care if he reunited the galaxy…he is a Sith and I hate him. I look at my body…I feel weak, I try to ignore the pain from my various wounds but its useless. I thought we had him on Kessel… but he simply killed the gathered Jedi there and allowed me to flee, fully knowing I would seek him out again and fail. My brothers…they lie dead before him as I quietly curse in my breath. Revan…how that word angers me…that word…how I wish I had the power to destroy that man but also reduce that name into nothing. We were foolish…we thought we could ambush the Sith once more back on Coruscant but we failed…

They say I am staring into the heart of the force…that’s what one could describe his power. But does it matter what the old Jedi masters have said? They are all dead now…thanks to him. Power…I want more power...I’ve had it with the Jedi. They were weak…they allowed countless innocents to die, they allowed my brothers to die. Revan must die and I intended to do whatever it took…

“I HATE YOU!” I shout…it’s sounded pathetic. My memories continue to rush into my mind as I charge forward. I swing my lightsaber widely…I suddenly feel it. I suddenly feel the power…I understand. The power of the Dark Side may now possibly be on my side now, the power flows through me. I need more of it to defeat this Sith lord… I feel more anger as I tap further into my hate…our lightsabers clash. For a moment I had him but I am blind…

A simple parry followed up by a swift strike removed me of my left hand. I then felt a elbow slam into my chest followed by a punch across the face. I feel the pain…some of it physical but most of it was emotional and mental pain…I have failed...

Then it all came in…I feel the crimson blade pierce through my stomach as I cry out in agony. The blade easily pierced through the other as I glare towards the mask of the Sith Lord. I see nothing…nothing but a mask that concealed the Dark Lord. I am instantly flung across the side of the room, my back smashing into wall. I feel broken…dying…the force is leaving me…leaving me to die.

I clutch my throat, dropping my lightsaber. I see Revan, using the force to slowly crush my throat as I rise into the air. In any moment he could crush my throat but suddenly… a spaceship is arriving. It’s my ship…the Raven Claws. Inside…my cousin, he was going to try and rescue me. Suddenly a barrage of force lighting engulfs my body as I cry out in pain again. My skin feels like its on fire as I am swiftly being cooked before the force smashed me through a window, the thick glass cutting my skin as I rip through it. I slam into the cold floor again…next to me was the fourth Jedi that came with us. He’s body broken…lifeless just like my brothers…

I struggle to move only to look upward as I see the starship shake violently, my cousin trying to keep control but Revan is merciless. “No!....NO!” I shout louder and louder. I start begging to the force, Revan…anybody. I’ve already lost everything but not my last family member on this galaxy…. I didn’t want to lose him too. I have suffered too much…the crimson blade of the Dark Lord’s Lightsaber represented all the blood that had been spilled on his account…all the people slain by him…only do I heard their screams of death. Order…Security…Justice, that’s what the Sith says…that’s what he thinks he’s doing and now the person who I envied the most…the very person I wanted to be was now ready to take my life…

“NO!!!!!!!!!!!”

I shout one last time as the starship came crashing down at me as I raise my hand in defense….darkness approached…

To be continued
Last edited by Anaclagon on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:08 pm

pretty good :wink: i always liked star wars, especially about 4 years ago :)
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:05 am

Hmmm.... This is probably the best Star Wars Fan Fic I've ever read on any forum I've visited thus far. 10/10

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Return to Single Writer Fiction