Warhammer 40k: Rise of a Warboss

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Warhammer 40k: Rise of a Warboss

Postby raptor titanus3 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:57 pm

OOC: I know I've lost interest with most of my single writer fic. storys but I intend to keep working on this one til' the climax, also I do not have every tidbit of information stuffed into my head on the warhammer universe so if I make a few mistakes, my bad but go ahead and point out any flaws and I'll try to fix them that arn't meant to be there

Chapter I

I was eager, for I had been training my entire childhood for this day. The day I would prove myself worthy to enter the Arena. As you can tell from my dialect I am more intelligent than most orks, MUCH more. I learned combat moves faster than my fellow trainees, as well as how to shoot more accuratly. Soon they avoided me and did their best to undermine my progress. Though they hardly slowed me down and I only became stronger and smarter by avoiding their lowly schemes, eventually they gave up. Finally after one last test I finally could begin my dream to become the Champion of the orks or die trying to reach my goal. Before I could fight however my teacher pulled me aside and told me important information, "Be careful in the ring, this isn't the training ground where if you are defeated you can run to fight again another day, here in the ring that isn't allowed, it's a fight to the death", he said in a hushed voice, he was as smart as me, smarter even with all the fights he had through in the battle of reclamtion, Back when the system had been targeted by Orks, Space marines, Eldar, and the Tryanids. My teacher whose name was Brain Chewer for his intelligence, and massive teeth which he protected like the most powerful dakka gun ever made, had fought in that battle against the nids and had told me of what they are like in a fight and hope I never meet until I have fought many battles and I have become a true ork. An Ork can only have name after having proven his talents in battle, otherwise your called a boot if your still training or a grunt if you haven't yet fought in battle which is NOT something you want to be for very long unless your cowerd or a boot who has just comepleted training and haven't had the chance to fight. The Space Marines had successfully removed both the Eldar and the Nids and also suppresed the ork clans, warbands, and tribes. In return for not extermeting us all on the three planets of Typhon Primaris, Calderis, and Meridian in Sub-sector Aurelia we would provide a more powerful form of entertanment for the humans in the sector. There are three different Arenas, one on each planet. The old arena on Typhon Primaris which held the lowest and least powerful fights for orks, the newly built Arena on Calderis which was the most advanced and was the best place to prove that you're ready for the Champion's Collaseum on Meridian. They had many different means to get fighters like a hive capable of breeding Tyranid hormogaunts, Termagaunts, and warriors, they also gave heritics a choice between exeqution or fighting in the ring, most chose the ring. The ring was also the training grounds of Imperial Guard solders, and Space Marine initates, so their was never peaceful moment had in the ring.

Chapter II

Anyway, back to the real story and not facts that will be important later. I confidently stated to my teacher "I was your best student, show a little faith", and then I walked towards the enterence to the battlefield, I had visted before with my class to learn the basics of the ring like some of the trap positions. Thats right traps on the battlefield, sensor rigged spike pits, stun mines, and as a more paiful means of staying away from the stands, steam vents. However its one thing to bein the stands which a few feet above the ring, where you get a good view of the carnage and where one fighter might be luring the other to a trap to give him a nasty surprise to weaken or finish your opponent, suddenly I felt a little nervous but I pushed it into the back of my mind and drawed my weapons, most a given weapons for training, however your parents can buy you weapons for you which can give you a better chance of winning because their mostly supieror to training weapons, I never knew my parents, I was an orphan and I diddn't have much but I saved up enough from doing work for others and had gotten myself a size booster package to increase my natural growth, strength, and speed. So I was a little bigger than the usual grunt, however growth stims are expesive so I had worked hard and numersly to get five shots which was enough to let me grow to the size of a nob if I used it correctly. I think I had for I was bigger than most of the other boots except for those who did have parents in the ring. Wait now I'm getting sidetracked again back to the story, I walked forward and heard the voices of teckseers and orks alike cheering or booing from the stands. On the other side of the ring was my opponent, and I couldn't belive who it was. It was one of the other members of my training group one particularly rich and snob ork who had a parent who had recently retired to watch his son fight in the ring I noticed him in the stands waving and shouting from the stands and pointing at his son. "So it looks like I finally get to pay ya' back fa' all the trouble ya' caused me", shouted my rival across the ring, I on the other side just took aim with my rusty shoota and fired one round aimed for the git's head and wouldn't ya' know it took the git's right ear right off, everone in the stands suddenly stopped and stared at what had just happened, they checked the instant replay on the holo imaging system as it showed me just swing my gun up and fire right at him, it also calculated the trajectory, and probablity of it happening. It read at 100,014,260 to 1 and people bet on everything, at what time the kill would be made, what weapon would make the last hit before slaying the defeated, how many shots would be fired and how many of them would make their mark and where they would hit on the body. Nobody could have guessed that would happen, however the shock only lasted for about a minute before my opponent got out of his stupper and started running at and the crowd got back to making insta bets on the both of us and cheering for their favorite, many me now. The git's father started shouting encouragments for his son and taunts at me. I had the staderd weapon set of a combat blade and a shoota, while my opponent had a Space marine Chainsword and stormshield, an expensive combo for an ork, you can buy Space Marine weapons like bolters and chainswords but they cost orks extra because we aren't human, same went with imperial guard weapons. The git had learned not to expose himself to my shots because now I was trying to really kill him so I tried to cripple him and shot at his exsposed feet and it managed to divert his attention away from his chest and he lowered his shield just enough for me to shoot at the dome of his skull however he had reached me and was swinging his chainsword at me with fury however he wasn't fast enough to really hit me, I would ocationally get a close call but I managed to evade it's reach until the git was starting to pant the crowd was starting to stamp their feet which was the call for blood so I resonded with my own wave of attacks, After flailing his sword in wide arks he was dead tired and only managed to raise his shield off the ground to defend himself from my blade however I simply shoved it out of my way and brought my blade down with great force, it cleaved right into the git's right shoulder down to the bone and with satisfing wail from my opponent as I pulled it back out I took out my shoota and after a little showboating of waving my blade above my head I my to the git's forehead and squeesed the trigure for a satisfiying exeqution which the crowds loved when I left the ring that day I was a nameless grunt no more I was the ead' Sploder or exequtioner and blowing my opponent's heads off would become my trademark.

Chapter III

As I walked out of the ring I heard calls from those who had learned of my skill and called me by my new name. It felt good to be me, thats when I saw who I was looking for. My teacher was waiting for me, "Great job, I thought he had you when he made that last swing", he said. "I told you to have a little faith in me", I replied. "So now you have your name, one amoungest your own kind and one for the humans, do you like them", asked my teacher. "They are both okay," I said blandly. Well how about a celebration", asked Brain Chewer. "Shure but where are you holding it", I asked. "Why the only place I think will be enjoyable even for you, The beer hall of the Meridian Veterans", boomed Brain Chewer. This was a great honor, for only those who have fought at the Champion's Collaseum could enter this beer hall. Like most humans, orks had their own fighting style and achievent exsclusive clubs, only we called them beer hallsbecause they were long single level pubs that served food and beer alongside those who had done what you had done so others couldn't argue with on which kind of weapon was better, or that shoota's and dakka weapons were better than blades and choppas, also you wouldn't be looked down apon if you were less skilled and thought yourself tough. There are many beer halls as to seperate those who would argue and eventually start fights amoung the tables and generally cause riots that resulted in many dead orks and damaged or destroyed buildings that might have been important to others. I agreed and after a night of lisening to old fighters from meridion come back to typhon to retire and plenty of throwing back jokes and swigging beer mugs most orks pass out on the floor and sleep the night away, this meant that housing wasn't usually nessasary unless you wanted to live in your own home, or if you had a family, both cases are rare. In the morning I collected my thinks and left as quietly as I could for an angry ork if a hangover is a bad enemy to try and fight.
Last edited by raptor titanus3 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:48 pm

doesn't look bad... I can't really say more until you reveal more of it though
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby raptor titanus3 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:30 pm

chapter II is up and chapter III will be up later today
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Return to Single Writer Fiction