Velkor? History? Say Again?

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

Velkor? History? Say Again?

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:02 am

Prologue

Velkor hissed in frustration as rain spattered against his scaly head. He always hated rain. Most Demons did, as far as he knew. He shoved his hands in his coat pockets and hunched his head against the rain as he leaned back against the alley wall. "What the hell's taking her so long?" he muttered. As if to answer his question, a female Demon emerged from the wall, the brick surface around her body shimmering as she phased through it like water. The lithe Demon had a ham sandwich in her clawed, but tiny, hands, and she completely ignored the rain, which passed straight through her, as well as her snack. Velkor always wondered just how she did that. "What took you so long to steal a sandwich, Wisp? It's not like anyone could stop you." Wisp blinked innocently at her "big brother." "Well, I got sort of distracted." Velkor simply sighed. "Was it a cat again?" "No!" Wisp replied indignantly, taking a bite out of her sandwich. She mumbled something through the mouthful, and Velkor rolled his eyes, pulling his hands out of his pockets to cross his arms. "What?" Swallowing, Wisp murmured, "It was a mouse..." "What a surprise. Can we go now?" Wisp nodded excitedly, her eyes turning a shimmering gold color; yet another unique feature she possessed. Velkor walked down the alley, Wisp floating along behind him, head at his shoulder. "Where're we goin'?" she asked, between bites of her sandwich. "Same as always," hissed Velkor. "Anywhere but here." Wisp giggled. She always did at that joke. After awhile of walking along isolated side streets, alleyways, and other places to avoid as much human contact as possible (and, of course, to find another fight that would inevitably break out in this hellhole of a city), Wisp finally said, "I'm bored, Velkor. Can you tell me that story again?" "Again?" Velkor glanced over his shoulder at Wisp. "That would be, what, the sixteenth time?" "Seventeenth," Wisp replied, finishing off her still-dry sandwich with one last bite. Velkor shook his head. "Fine, but this better be the last time..." Wisp nodded with an ecstatic grin. "Promise! Now tell me, tell me!" "Alright, where to begin..."

Chapter 1:

Velkor tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Well, I might as well start from where I found you. As you should know by now, I do pretty much nothing except look for entertaining fights, like between gangs, supernatural or otherwise. Anyway, I came across a certain gang a few years back, and found something particularly curious..."

"I sat on the top of an old trailer in an abandoned trailer park, bored. It was the peaceful season, apparently. Or, as I like to call it, dry season. Fortunately, that night, I got lucky. After hearing some commotion down below, I decided to investigate. Unfortunately, there wasn't a fight going on, the Demons, as that was what they were, were simply clustered around something. I snuck closer, hopping off the trailer, to get a better look. As it turns out, they had a baby Demon surrounded and were tormenting it. That was, as I'm sure you've guessed, was you, Wisp."

Wisp grinned, eyes turning bright pink. "Was I cute?!" Velkor scratched the back of his head, confused. "Well... Look, are you gonna let me tell the story, or what?" "Sorry..." "Yeah, yeah, anyway..."

"Now, usually I'd ignore such a situation, but for some reason, which still confuses me to this day, I wanted to help you out. I kept telling myself it was just because they were being unfair, and there's no sport in that, but I knew I was lying to myself. Anyways, I decided to get rid of them. Jumping down, it only took a glare and a hiss of, 'And what do you ladies think you're doing? Can't pick on somebody with your own steroid dosage?' to piss them off, to say the least. I was outnumbered five to one, but they were obviously bumbling idiots. I couldn't even tell who was the leader, if there was one. Kicking their slimy a**es was simple, but when they ran, one of them warned me that some guy named U'zhul would get me back. Of course, I ignored the threat until it was too late, but I'll get to that later. Then, it was time to deal with you. A very weird specimen, you were. Kept running through walls and out the other side whenever I tried to catch you, or split up into a bunch of, well, yous, to confuse me. Finally, you stopped when I offered you a scrap of bread from a trash can nearby. Who knew that would grow into a full-fledged love of sandwiches, huh? So, after that, and picked you up and took you along with me. I felt bad about leaving you there, which doesn't really seem like me, does it?"

Velkor stopped walking for a moment and asked, "You want me to tell the part about U'zhul?" Wisp nodded happily. "Yeah, and do the third-person thing for dramaticism!" Velkor rolled his eyes. "Why? You always ask that." "Because it's funny!" Her scaly friend sighed. "Fine, but you owe me..."
Last edited by dinoman666 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:47 am

Interesting, would be the ideal word. Not much happening yet I guess, it being a prologue and all. I'm interested in learning of Velkor's past, though.
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:36 am

First chapter's up. Not much to it yet, mostly just a setup for the main plotline.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Return to Single Writer Fiction