My Decent Drawings

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: My Decent Drawings

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 pm

GF: I did my job and did it well then. 8D

KP: Yay! XD

Thank ya. :3 The shading was a b*tch and a half. @_@ My fingers were black for most of yesterday. XD
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:51 am

No I'm not suicidal. Read the lyrics and watch the vid below, and I think you'll see where the inspiration came from.

God this background was a pain in the ***. I've been working on this pic for about six hours. @_@ more or less.

---

A rolling girl is always far away
In her dream world she longs to stay
So much noise buzzing round inside her head
All the worries never end, all the worries never end...

"No problem" is so easily said
but now, is there any meaning left?
She fails once more, fails once more
After searching for the odd one out in the crowd,
she starts spinning again...

One more time, one more time
"I think I will keep rolling on today too"
And so she says, so she says
Making sure that each of her words is sincere

"Are you okay? No, I'm in a daze
Trying to escape but I just don't see the point.
Maybe I should just stop breathing."

A rolling girl feels she has reached the end,
The colours blend and can't be felt
All these voices are fighting to be heard
They're all merging into one, they're all merging into one

"No problem" is so easily said
but now, those words have no meaning left
and how will I stay on the right path?
Even the hill's tempting me to stray from what's right;
make mistakes I'll regret

Now one more time, one more time
"Somehow I'll find a way to keep rolling"
So she says, so she says
Making sure her silent words are sincere

Are you alright? Just give me some time,
and I will do something about all this soon.
You'll see when I stop breathing.

One more time, one more time
"I think I will keep rolling on today too"
And so she says, so she says
Making sure every word is said with a smile

Are you okay? Yes it's okay..
You must be sick of all this, so let's go and
I will now stop myself from breathing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2rN4Y36 ... re=related
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:01 am

O_o Disturbing to say the least. Well done on the background though!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:43 pm

you're welcome :P

but seriously, very nicely done. I would've put in some attempts at reflectiveness on the shards of glass, though I'm a bit of a perfectionist whose standards are so high I rarely complete a work *coughSEPTIMUScough* :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:54 am

Thank ye both. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Another Scourge pic. Cuz he's so much fun to draw. XD

Those of you who've read The Rise of Scourge should get what "I didn't forget" is referring to. For those who didn't...as an apprentice, Tigerstar nearly killed Scourge, who was a kitten then. And before they parted, his last words to Scourge were, "You'll never forget me."

I think it would've been a better ending to the story if Scourge had whispered, "I didn't forget" as Tigerstar was dying, instead of narrative boxes declaring "I am Scourge, and I HAVE WON!"

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:11 am

I R WINRAR! D:<

:P

kickass pic HF. I like the detail of the eyes in the central top of the image in particular. very nicely done. I'm impressed you put the effort to put some detail into the scar on his back. nice touch. the teeth in the collar seem a tad too yellow to be natural. They look like the result of a failed Pimp My series about personal effects :P . aside from that, the only other flaw I see is that you should've given his paw another finger and claw...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Thank ya. :3 I think the eyes came out as the best part of the pic. XP I'm probably going to stick with this style for a little while, see if it really sticks.

The reason the teeth are so yellow is I originally had them pale, but once I shaded I had to use a really bright shade of yellow; if I had gone too dark or not shaded them it would've thrown the pic off-balance. XP

As for the paw, I left out the fourth toe so it wouldn't look like he was going "OH U *wave*" at us. XP

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:03 am

This pic had a small story written to go with it, but I'll just explain the meaning behind the pic since that story didn't have much relevance.

Steeltalon's only half-mutant by birth, as her father was a mutant by the time she came to be, but she fears that that's enough to send her down the same road as Riptide; the mutant who murdered her family. She's afraid that they're more alike than she wants to be, and wonders if her mutated half will one day destroy her sanity, leaving her no better than the ones she hates and fears in equal measure.

--

On the art itself, I gave them both a little bit of a redesign, since I'm starting to hate the way the old Steeltalon looks. And the mark on Riptide's neck was actually a mistake on my end that turned out looking pretty good, so I said, "ah hell, I'll keep it." XP So not much on him was actually changed.

Why is Riptide half him half Steeltalon? it ties into her being afraid to turn into him, so this is kind of a "nightmare" pic. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:13 am

Pretty nice, Riptide in particular looks pretty awesome.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 am

thank ya. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:52 am

here we go, 'nother dragon pic.

This started out as pretty much a doodle, and with some helpful suggestions from Don, evolved into....well, this. :3

Small details like the ones he brought up really give a picture character. Cracks in the horns and spikes, scorch marks around the mouth...cataracts on the eyes, suggesting blindness. All amount to an older dragon.

He also suggested that I switch to bigger, non-uniform scales as I moved toward the cheekbone, and I gotta admit, I kinda really like how that looks. :3

The scars were my own addition of course...I can never seem to resist adding scars to potential characters. XP Also added a few wrinkles around the eye, to help with the aged appearance.

All in all, one of my better hand-drawn pictures, methinks. ^_^

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:44 pm

...Won't you join me? :3

--

Some long-overdue practice with perspective and backgrounds. I don't think I failed too badly, but that's for you all to decide. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Awesome dragon, and an excellent perspective test picture. Well done on both! I like how you did the scales on the dragon and how the road goes into the sunset in the second one (cliche but still cool XD).

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Thank ya. :3 I needed practice with background perspective, as I said, so I figured, hell why not a sunset. XD

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Both are awesome, but that dragon is ******* fantastic.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:45 am

Thank you! ^_^

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:27 am

"Sanity.....

....what is that?"

--

Vent art because I've been crazy, crazy stressed lately.

You'd think that with all the sh*t going on in my life these days, it'd be impossible for me to GET any more stressed. But nay, an a**hole appears and challenges that idea, pushing me closer to the brink of snapping with every word that comes out of his f*cking mouth.

....rant over. Anyway....

Potato.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:15 am

AH! SCARY RAPTOR-KITTY!

Nice work... Now I just have to keep one eye open at night from now on... damn raptor-cats killing everyone out here...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:58 pm

People terrorised by my artwork.

Mission. Accomplished. XD

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

PreviousNext

Return to General Art