Ummm, some erm, arty stuff

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Ummm, some erm, arty stuff

Postby o-eternal-o » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:30 pm

Well, i'm updating frequently, but here's some art i've got so far. I've got the originals somehwhere, i just couldn't be bothered to upload them, lol.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47994401/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48131334/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48136381/

I know they're not very good, but they'll get better. Besides, these are recolours from last year, i'll draw some new ones soon.

Tell me what you think. Constructive critisism is greatly appreciated :)
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:07 pm

they're all great. the first one is the worst [though by worst, it doesn't mean it's bad. it's a helluva lot better than anything i can do]. however, they all have one major problem: they look grainy. otherwise, i wouldn't be able to tell between this and a professional Anime artist's work
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:10 pm

Thanks :) The grainyness is probably due to the camera. God, i want a scanner, lol.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:20 pm

make sure you get a good one. tons of artists on DA complain about the scanner ruining the pics...

BTW: im working on a drawing of Crusher and his family. when it's done in the pencil phase, im going to scan it, and print it out twice. then, i'll make one have something that would make Crusher mad, and give him Rage colours, and leave the other one as normal, and give him his usual colour scheme. too many people think that Crusher's only colour is the one in the skin [which IMO needs changing. check the PM i sent you, and then PM me about details]. so this pic will not only show people Crusher's 2 forms, but it'll also show what i mean the colour pattern to be like, when i say "a black stripe that bleeds into smaller stripes and spots from his head to his tail"
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:45 pm

Sounds cool, you'll have to show when you've done it :)
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:24 pm

One word: :shock:

And nice topic name :lol:
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:26 pm

im planning to. that's actually the main goal of the pic: to show people what Crusher's 2 forms are, so that they dont immediately assume that Crusher's only colours are the rage set.the drawing will have Crusher looking down at Razor, who's looking up at him, with Hunter by Crusher's side, and Rampage in front of him, looking at Razor and Scar at an angle [Rampage's look so far is the best. the one im most proud of], and Rox'll be looking at a Compy which is staring at her, standing right in fron of her mouth. Lightning is supposed to bew hunting. im going to scan it, print it twice, and colour the printed ones, so that i still have the original to change, as a kind of template. one of the printed ones will have Razor with a slashed eye, and Crusher in rage colours. the second will have Razor without the slash, and Crusher in normal colours. in the background of both, ther'll be a few Parasaurolophus [supposed to be a herd, but im no good at trying to create that feeling of mass. also, the further out it gets, the worst it'll get. im not even going to try and make the nest, since i cant really get a good perspective look on any drawing i make. a 3d world with different ranges and perpectives is NOT my strong point :( , so try and go easy on me, k? :)

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:27 pm

One word: Shocked

lol, that's not a word, it's a smiley :P

And nice topic name Laughing

lol, thanks. I'm good at description aren't i? :P
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:05 pm

Done another one. I'm really proud of this one

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48325248/
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:33 pm

fantastic ERC.....really stunning. i love the way you made it look so....so 3rd dimentional! at first glance, i thought it was a sculpture and a light....then i noticed the background didn't look like any possible solid background, and that's what let me know that it wasn't a sculpture...then i read the Artist's comments....

im actually wondering how difficult it would be to actually shade a scanned version of mine, and put it up here for me to take and colour then re-upload on DA and the site... and yes, im that worried about the shading! :shock:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:34 pm

fantastic ERC.....really stunning. i love the way you made it look so....so 3rd dimentional! at first glance, i thought it was a sculpture and a light....then i noticed the background didn't look like any possible solid background, and that's what let me know that it wasn't a sculpture...then i read the Artist's comments....

Thanks a lot KP :) It's my favourite pic i've ever done

im actually wondering how difficult it would be to actually shade a scanned version of mine, and put it up here for me to take and colour then re-upload on DA and the site... and yes, im that worried about the shading! Shocked

lol! I'm sure the shading will turn out great. Just keep in mind where you want your light source to come from
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:59 pm

i ment you doing it for me...but whatever :P . im good at shading vases and bottles, but bodies!? fogetaboudit! :lol:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:57 pm

i ment you doing it for me...

lol!! Cheeky :P Besides, i do my shading with pencil on paper. If you uploaded it to me, i wouldn't be able to shade, as i don't have a printer and i can't do it with PS :wink:
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:01 am

Nice pic cool lighting. But serously. no printer no scanner no camara dead hardrive. Something tells me you need a bit of maintanence. Try buying a printer and scanner in one. My parents got one last week and it works really well. (BUT we dont have any real use for it and we dont use it much. just for occasional copying)
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby o-eternal-o » Wed May 30, 2007 12:36 pm

Nice pic cool lighting. But serously. no printer no scanner no camara dead hardrive. Something tells me you need a bit of maintanence. Try buying a printer and scanner in one. My parents got one last week and it works really well. (BUT we dont have any real use for it and we dont use it much. just for occasional copying)

lol!! When you put it that way, my pc sounds about ready for the rubbish dump. Have i mentioned that i've got a capacitor leaking on the motherboard, and that the CPU gets waaaayy too hot and crashes the comp... AND if the comps too loud the power supply makes such a noise you'd think a hurricane was coming? :P

EDIT: Yeah, i'm reviving this a bit. you know why? Because i'm in love with art again. I've changed DA accounts, and i'm submitting like crazy! God, i love art ^-^

Anyway, got some pieces to show ya'll.

Firstly, my most favourite piece i've ever done, EVER! As i've said in the description, it wasn't my original line art. It was DL's. But still, i'm so unbelievably proud of it.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56297512/

Secondly, a sketch of a lion cub i did the other day. I will be finishing this in Photoshop, but that depends on whenever i have the time.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56173484/

Thridly, a piece i did about two weeks ago, but now i can actually shade, i thought i'd re-do it. Two dragons. Mommy and child.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56452287/

And there are more, but i deem them too crappy to show :P

Anyway, if you find ANYTHING wrong with the pictures, or that something doesn't look right tell me. Without constructive critisism i won't get better. And i wanna get better!! :P
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 30, 2007 2:54 pm

Competition is on the way, ERC...lol

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Wed May 30, 2007 8:07 pm

lol! I can't wait ^-^ I could use some competition :twisted:
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 30, 2007 10:14 pm

lol...im DOOMED! :shock: lol
i have quite a hand at profile drawings. ones that show the side of the creature...i cant draw people [im REALLY good at drawing hilarious smilies though... :P ]. the best things i can do are dragons, sharks and dinos [my 3 favourite creatures]. i do the Rex skulls in a way that people would say is stupid, but almost guarantees a realistic result [drawing a T.Rex skull, holes and all, then removing the holes after putting wrinkles in the right spots, and adding a few scars...]. i cant do scales though... :x

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Wed May 30, 2007 10:17 pm

just try your best. i would also like so see some of your artwork.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 30, 2007 10:19 pm

lol. ok. wait until mid June, and i'll have a bunch of them uploaded...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Next

Return to General Art