My Decent Drawings

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:31 pm

Very cool if not horribly cute. :P

How much did you do yourself? the colouring only? (Or just the writing?)
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 pm

lol. Thanks, Doc.

I drew in the hair, the clothes and fixed Yoru's pupils. The coloring is mostly me (shading was on the base already).
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:53 pm

oh cool. Yeah, the eyes are really well done. Keep it up
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Many thanks. ^_^
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:00 am

Looks good. Your drawing style is pretty cool (not counting the last one).
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Thank you. ^_^

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:40 pm

looks good. i'd actually suggest going over that template manually [for example, print it out, look at it while trying to reproducing it in paint]. can't hurt to learn a few techniques off other pics. did that myself with several pics. learned off other artists, picked up little tricks i noticed in the drawing and incorperated it with my own. who knows, maybe a few experimental pics based on copying [as opposed to simply taking and colouring the template. draw it from scratch while looking at it] will help you fix some problems you have with your current art [proportions for example. big head syndrome...etc. minor problems, but there are plenty of ways to help improve]

but as a stand alone pic, it looks awesome. good colour choices, good work on the eyes [not enough eyes though, but that's just me. don't like how some manga styles tend to remove eyes, though i guess it'd be hard to apply in a pic like that]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:05 pm

lol. I'll keep the idea in mind for when I can get to a working printer. (Ours is shot for some reason...won't print anything.)

Thanks, and yeah. I gave up after the 48th try at making the eyes look right and just decided to cover his face with his bangs. XD

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:38 am

Huge file is HUGE. And lol. Fail background is fail. =D

Demony and Tigerclaw duke it out. But don't just take my word for it. Read the magical short fanfic of probable fail. :3

She hated this place.

That was her one constant thought as she skirted patches of toadstools and muddy pools, her path lit by a dim glow from the fungus that grew thick on the trees and earth alike. Her mismatched eyes were narrowed as she followed one scent that stood out from the rest; her lip curled at the long-buried memories it stirred. She'd been here before. It was as cold here as ever, and she was sure she could see eyes mocking her in the corner of her vision.

When she emerged in the clearing, he was there, as if he'd been expecting her to come looking for him. He hadn't changed a bit - his amber eyes were still ice cold, his head still had that arrogant tilt, and when his lip quirked in a small, amused smirk, the expression was almost knowing. He'd definitely been expecting her. The dark fur on her shoulders rippled with hatred she refused to let show on her face.

"How good of you to come, Demontalon," her grandfather greeted her. His striped pelt rippled as he stood and padded towards her, his muscles relaxed for the moment - but she knew better than to believe that he couldn't turn aggressive in the time it took her to blink once. "Have you seen at last that you need my training? Or..." His expression darkened for a second. "...do you honestly believe you can fight me?"

He was confident. But so was she. She wasn't the same apprentice he had almost killed seasons ago. She was stronger, more skilled. And she had the advantage of being trained by a former ShadowClan warrior. She probably had Wraith to thank for her survival up to now. But Tigerclaw was a ruthless fighter.

She might not come out of this alive. But she'd known that when she decided to seek him out.

"Neither, Tigerclaw," she answered smoothly. "I just want to talk." She refused to let herself flinch when he began to circle her, the look in his amber eyes mocking.

"Is that so?" His claws slid out, and he paused in front of her to give them a lick, then sheathed them again. "Well, you've found me. Talk away, little one."

"I want you to leave me alone," Demontalon meowed bluntly. "Me and my friends. In fact, I want you to leave the whole of StormClan alone." He blinked, slowly, and his eyes glittered dangerously, but she went on with an edge to her voice, "The fact is, you're dead, Tigerclaw. You've been dead since long before I was born. You can't hurt my friends and family, or my Clan. And you can't hurt me." There was just the hint of a snarl in her tone as she finished speaking.

For a moment, Tigerclaw was silent, just staring at her with an unreadable expression. Then he smirked. "Can't I?" he questioned softly. And before she could reply, he sprang, features twisted in a snarl. She barely had time to duck, and his claws grazed her shoulders as he sailed over her. She whirled to face him, and sharp talons just missed her nose. He was crouching, glaring at her, baring his fangs in a vicious grin. "I nearly killed you once. This time, StarClan won't be able to save you!"

"I don't need them to this time!" Demontalon spat back, and as he reared up onto his hind legs, she leaped at him. A paw caught him in the throat and he fell backwards, landing heavily and gasping for the breath that had been knocked from his lungs. Burning amber eyes met icy blue and blood red. Her lips pulled back, baring her sharp, abnormally long fangs. The tips of the claws she'd inherited from this monster pierced his skin, not deep enough to kill but certainly enough to hurt. "I'll deal with you myself."

I might have this happen between them in the future. Might not. I haven't decided yet...

*facepalm* I MISSPELLED THE ARTIST'S USERNAME. GAWD I AM SUCH A TOOL.

It's supposed to be Tesseri-Shira.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:28 pm

Long time no motivation to draw.

Yes. Ira again. Her design is fun. Much more fun than Yoru's. (Hers seems...I dunno, generic? Seems everyone's got a demon character with dark hair and red eyes, be it male or female...)

No, I didn't screw up the color of Ira's eyes. They turn blue when she uses her fire, or when her wings are out. (I tried to include them, but it failed...epically.) Just like Yoru's switch from red to piercing green.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sat May 01, 2010 12:18 am

ok. i'll comment on both at once. in the case of the Demony vs. Tigerclaw pic, looks awesome. the claw scars on Demony look a bit too wide IMO, but then, i can't be the judge of something i haven't seen before. most of the stray cats i've seen have scars on the face, rarely anywhere else. the poses are great. capture the action well, but then, that part is, according to you, by another artist, so that part is irrelevent to your work here. the colours are great IMO. the background is considerably better than anything i could come up with, so i can't really say anything there.

as for Ira, she's improved since the last side-on pic i saw of her. chin's improved but still needs some minor adjustment. i like the work on the eyes. looks better than previous appearances IMO. but then, i'm a sucker for that specific shade of blue so that may be biasing my opinion a bit :P

all in all, cool. i liked the little Demony vs. Tigerclaw story too. sounded cool...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Sat May 01, 2010 12:31 am

Many thanks. ^_^

I used a tutorial pic to try and get Ira's head right. A little more work and I'll probably get it down. I used to draw eyes like i did here, with a tiny highlight just kind of floating near the pupil. I figured why not see if it works here - and it did. Joyness.

Demony's shoulder scar is actually based on one Angel has (same place, just not as long). You can see it clearly and it's about as wide as the scars on Demony's back and shoulder are.

I've done better backgrounds (but most are worse than this XD).

And yay! The story I made up on the spot isn't failtastic! =D

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sat May 01, 2010 8:55 am

also. interesting choice of quote in Ira's pic....Lullaby to Close your Eyes. one ofthe theme songs for the Silent Hill series...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Sat May 01, 2010 1:15 pm

lol. I heard the song and loved it. Ira still doesn't have a proper theme, but parts of the lyrics fit with her, and I couldn't find anything better while I was drawing the pic. (I fail. XD)

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sun May 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Like I said...non-colored pic first, colored one after I see if there aren't some things I could fix.

This one is actually pretty old - I started it...what, a few months ago? Probably around there...and I never finished it. But today I kicked myself in the as* and said "I'm gonna finish it today, or it'll be deleted." Aaand I finished it. The lineart that is. Problem was, I wasn't sure if what I had was what I wanted, and I didn't know if I was overlooking some huge problems, even as I started coloring it in.

So here's what I had about two hours ago. Comments are welcome, criticism is loved. (Especially here - I THINK I see some problems with anatomy, but I'm not sure.) Colored version will be up as soon as I fix what problems there are.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Iceking » Sun May 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Very nice picture, HF. The only thing that I saw immedietly wrong was that Fogcloud's wiskers don't seem to be attatched to his snout.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Sun May 09, 2010 11:07 pm

I think that's just the style of drawing it's in, it's the same with Hawksight, Loneclaw, and Lightstorm.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Sun May 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Yeah - I don't attach whiskers when the cat isn't either looking at you or off at an angle. It's a bit of a hassle and looks weird to me.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Sun May 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Snowy's family. Woot

Pictures match their personalities pretty well, with Snowy being Happy cat (KP's nickname for him), Loneclaw looking like he's all "...what the f*ck?" (aswell as being fluffy) and so on
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 am

lol. I did my best. XP

Loneclaw was supposed to be looking kind of disapproving (seeing as he tried to break Hawky and Snowy up a few times), but I guess that works too. XD

I think I'll put up the colored version soon...just want to be sure I'm not missing anything. (lol, I'm so paranoid sometimes...)

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

PreviousNext

Return to General Art