My Decent Drawings

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:48 am

you know my critique of it. really good. nicely detailed and i like the way the teeth are set in the gums. however, a thought that struck me when i looked at it again is that they're slightly more saurian than wolf-like. the lighting's source is a bit difficult to determine with that shading, but otherwise it's good.
Last edited by The Kingpin on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah. It's kind of hard for me to draw accurate wolf teeth. And I didn't really have a light source in mind when I did the shading. >_<
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Ira taking a knife in the back for Yoru. Fun times, no? XP

I had to draw Ira twice because I'm a tool and forgot to put her silhouette in another Paint window after I cut it out so I could do the background...and then I copied a link for my friend. *facepalm* I don't think this version is as good as the other.

Broken glass is fun. XD
Last edited by Hopeflower on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Looks a bit...shattered :P

I love puns..... <.<

Good pic...though sillouettes ussually make me rage trying envision the actual thing *cough* Slypher *cough*
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks. Lol. I've got some colored pics of her, but they're not so good.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Edited Ira's pic. Hopefully it's a bit better now.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:31 am

Here she iiis! ^_^ She's so much fun to draw...lol.

Her claw wound and scars aren't visible from this angle.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:27 am

I started this at around four-ish in the afternoon...for a change of pace, these are characters from the Warriors books rather than WRPG. XP If you're familiar with Power of Three, you'll know them.

The blind gray tabby tom is Jayfeather. ThunderClan's apprentice medicine cat. Discoverer of the prophecy that will change their lives forever. Also, the Clan's resident cynical and angst-ridden cat. XP [I kind of screwed up on the stripe across his shoulders..oops. >_<] He can see in his dreams - and walk in the dreams of others.

The black she-cat is Hollyleaf. She overthinks things a lot, and is stuck to the warrior code like glue. Break it in front of her, and she's the first to start fretting over it. [A point that annoys me...a lot... -___-]

And last but not least is Lionblaze. He's the fighter. He can get into any battle, and barely get scratched. [Which may or may not be something that annoys loyal readers. >_>]

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:29 am

Very cool, HF. The position and poses of the characters really makes it an awesome poster-like picture.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:46 am

That's what I was going for. ^_^ Thanks.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Guess whoooo.... =D lawl. Fluffeh kitteh. X3

I abused my drawing hand very much while this was a work in progress. [My wrist cramped up...XD Much swearing followed.] Tried out a new style of shading for the first time. I like how it looks. Might use it more often.

By the way, can you tell what band I've been stuck on all day? XDDD

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:53 pm

More art from the books. This time it's Tigerstar bleeding his life out 'cause he underestimated Scourge. Fun tiiimes. =D

I like the pose - the blood is kind of...not that great. XD

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Doodled out of boredom. The wolf/dog thing (I can't tell which it is...XD) took about two hours. The background I did in about ten seconds. lol

Really proud of the head and expression...never in my life have I drawn a wolf in this pose and had it turn out so well. ^_^

(Photobucket blurs red so much. D=)

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby raptor titanus3 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:08 am

Very nice it's so good I'm intimidated by it
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:13 am

Lol. Thank you. ^_^

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:58 am

Ira, just chilling out in her library.

Hey, look! Halfway decent shading and background! =D

EDIT: Fixed up her eyes a bit.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:15 am

At long last, a decent pic of Yoru... For some strange reason I can't usually draw her and do it well. >_<

If you can't see the design on her shoulder [Damn you, photobucket!], the one on Ira's is exactly like it.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:19 am

...THOSE HUMANS ARE DEMONS! BURN THE WITCHES!

Very ncie work, HF. Lots of grat detail in them. 10/10!

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:27 am

That they are. XP

Many thanks, Gira.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Thirteen-year-old Yoru and her best friend (and unrelated brother) Raito, who was killed by her aunt in revenge for Yoruichi murdering her own father in self-defense.

Base isn't mine, had full permission to use it.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

PreviousNext

Return to General Art