My Decent Drawings

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: My Decent Drawings

Postby raptor titanus3 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:48 am

When I get stressed I turn into something like the cat in the pic, course I spring back from the verge :mrgreen:
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Good to hear. XP

New hand-drawn pic today; this is the reason why I'm laying off drawing for a couple of days. XP

Hours of hard work paid off with this.

This is, obviously, the drawing of Sephiroth that Don quite literally begged me for.

Now he wants one of Cloud as well. *rolls eyes*

Ref used; this pic.

I can see a few of the mistakes i made, so there's no need to point them out. :3
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:37 am

Wow. That is brilliantly done. Quite a bit better than I expected it to be. My favourite part has to be the wing though. the shading on it is beautifully done.

One iced tea flavoured internet for you. :>
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:26 am

:woo: That is awesome! That wing IS pretty damn impressive, but overall it just looks awesome.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Thank you both. ^__^ His wing was a bit of a pain to draw and shade, but looking at it now I think it's probably my favorite piece of the drawing. :3
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Oh yeah I never uploaded this after I finished it. DERP. XD

The Cloud drawing Don wanted. This pic has an alternate title.

Final Fantasy drawings part 2; Why Sequels Suck.

I was up until three in the morning tweaking this thing, and there are still parts of it that I hate. But, whatever. I finished it and now here it is, uploaded for all to see.

Reference pic used; http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-07 ... strife.jpg

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Spiketopus ಠ,ಠ » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:23 pm

These look pretty good. I really like that Cloud Strife one, the details and shadows look very nice.
Spiketopus ಠ,ಠ
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:56 pm

As always, excellent work on this picture, HF! Nice shading. :P
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 am

Oh cloud and Sephiroth... how you're both foils for one another... though Cloud's too broody, and Sephiroth's just a fangirl magnet... I perfer Kefka alot mroe, because he actually managed to do what Sephiroth failed to do, and did it before he tried to as well...

But I digress. These drawings are superior pieces of artwork, HF... especially where I'm still stuck at stick figure levels of art, and even that's downright pitiful... I envy your art skills...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Spinax: Thanks. :3 The shading took way more time than I would've liked. I can see some spots where I made mistakes, but nonetheless, I'm glad you like it.

GF: Thank ya! :3

Gira: I wouldn't know anything about any of those characters. XD I may have drawn Cloud and Sephiroth because I was begged to, but I haven't gotten sucked into Final Fantasy. XP But thanks. :3

All I can tell you art-wise is that it's taken me all of my almost eighteen years to get this far, and I still have a long way to go. There's only one path to success here - practice, practice, and practice some more. Always be on the lookout for ways you can improve your artwork. If you see a detail that you think would look better drawn differently, don't hesitate. Jump in. If it doesn't look right, keep trying.

Private instructors have actually helped me a lot; I've visited two of them on separate occasions, as well as taken just about every art class my school has to offer. (I'm a winner. XD) Reference pics will also help you out a LOT, especially where anatomy is concerned. I absolutely fail at human anatomy even on the best of days when I try to draw people from scratch. XP (Just ask KP, he's seen enough of my works-in-progress to back up that statement. XD)

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 pm

aww, you're not that bad. A long way ahead of me, at least. I can't pull off a believable human body without tracing it :P

Only serious flaws I've ever seen in your human artwork was big-head syndrome and excessively square jaws :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Those are bad enough. XD I really need to learn proper anatomy. Maybe if I take a few art classes in college it'll finally stick with me.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Another tattoo design. :3

My friend Zach actually put the idea for this one in my head. He said he made Don and I in a game he plays, and gave me a tattoo on my shoulder similar to this drawing.

I thought to myself, "Well, I've already done something like this; but that design is going on my back. And I love snakes anyway. Why not make another design similar to it, intended for my shoulder?"

So I did.

I really like how it looks; it came out much better than I thought it was going to, considering all I had to work with was a ballpoint pen.

You can see that in the mistakes I've made. XD those won't be in the actual tattoo, obviously.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Hey, look. It's Aviva. :3

Yeah, I finally stopped being a lazy a** and drew her a new full-body pic. Cuz let's face it, that MS paint one sucked. XD

I'll probably be drawing Zar, Ruuva, and Nex as well, and I'll throw Vix and Arsenic in there too for the hell of it. XP Keep an eye out for them. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:04 pm

"Will this b*tch ever stop spamming us with pictures?!"

Nope! XD Not unless I somehow break my wrist. :B

Hey look it's Vix. :3 I dunno if you can really see it, but I had her shirt ripped in the back for a reason - to show off her scar.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on how to draw a boot from behind. XD

I did have a reference pic for her pose, which can actually be found on deviantart, but I regret to say I have lost the link to it. I believe the title of it was somewhere along the lines of "Back Shot Blade". It was a brilliant photo and the pose was perfect - I wish I'd favorited it. >_<

Anyway; my brainlessness aside, Arsenic should be next. Keep an eye out for him. ^_^

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:45 pm

The rose is pretty neat! I always found Aviva's design to be pretty sweet, and... damn, vix is pretty beat up. Sound THAT'S what you meant by them scars.....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks. :3

Yeah, her back is pretty messed up; whip marks, burn scars, the big one is from a knife....she's had it rough.

I abuse my characters. XD

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:21 am

Picture of an event that has yet to happen... >.> Spoilers. :3

Zar is on the left. Finally, after months of meaning to get around to it, I drew him a full-body pic in color.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:21 am

Considering she's one of my favorite characters, I really don't draw Yellowfang often enough.... :<

For those who don't know who she is....

Yellowfang is a former ShadowClan medicine cat, though she first trained as a warrior, framed for murders that Brokenstar committed in his time as leader. Staying where she was born meant certain death - she fled across the ThunderClan border, where she met Firestar - then Firepaw - and was kept as a prisoner for a time. When ShadowClan stole ThunderClan kits, and the medicine cat Spottedleaf murdered in cold blood, Yellowfang was blamed, and again fled. When Brokenstar was driven out with the help of ThunderClan and Yellowfang proven innocent, she became Spottedleaf's replacement.

Brokenstar later returned to attack ThunderClan's camp with a band of rogues; he fought Yellowfang and lost, losing one of his lives and his sight in the battle. He was stripped of his leader name, becoming Brokentail. When he plotted with Tigerstar, then Tigerclaw, to bring those rogues back to cover Tigerclaw's attempted murder of Bluestar, Yellowfang decided he had caused ThunderClan enough grief. She fed him yew, or deathberries, to take his final life. As Brokentail lay dying, she revealed that she was the mother of the murderous former leader - she had fallen in love with Raggedstar, leader before her son, and given birth to three kits, two she-cats and a tom. The two she-cats didn't survive - Yellowfang believed that was her punishment from StarClan for having kits in the first place, but came to realize that Brokentail's survival was her real punishment.

Yellowfang met her death when fire swept through ThunderClan's territory - a burning tree fell into the ravine, cutting off her escape as she was trying to rescue another cat. She sought refuge in her den, but the smoke proved too much for her - she died thinking of Brokentail, wondering if StarClan would accept her after she'd killed her own son.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby slashmaster101 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:17 am

YellowFang look's great and it makes me want to read warriors again. :D
slashmaster101
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

PreviousNext

Return to General Art