My Decent Drawings

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon May 31, 2010 1:26 pm

Thanks for the tip. :P
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 pm

Anytime, good sir. XP
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon May 31, 2010 1:40 pm

Right back, at you, madam. :P
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:31 am

There is balance between everything that is. Darkness and light, night and day, earth and air, water and fire, predator and prey, creation and destruction. When the balance is upset, chaos comes into play.

Chaos is destruction unleashed - fire consumes everything in its path; the earth tears itself apart; water swamps the land; storms are born; the dark overpowers the light. The chaos will only end when the natural order is put right.

Man has created such chaos that the earth will die and be reborn for the second time since the fall of the dinosaurs. The earth will destroy itself in fire and water, in earth and in storms. And life...will begin again.

--------

Called this pic "Balance" when I put it on dA for a reason. Not only because of the yin-yang symbol, but because the four elements are present. Fire and water, the feather represents air, and the stone is obviously earth. The serpents represent darkness and light. Both have inverted stripes and tongues to show that not everything is neatly divided into black and white, but that there's a bit of dark and a bit of light in everything and everyone.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:33 am

SNakes... if you want to make an already great picture even more awsome, just add serpents! 10/10!

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:39 am

This pic is too awesome to describe!!! 10/10.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:41 am

Many thanks to you both. ^_^

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:45 am

No problem, my friend.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Gotta wonder how this would look on a T-shirt. =D

Admittedly it's just a doodle that I drew while listening to Get Away With Murder by Jeffree Star, but it came out good considering I only spent about 45 minutes on it, and most of that time on the gore between the halves of the heart.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 pm

That'd be one BA T-shirt. :P

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:02 pm

I agree. =D

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:14 pm

While the song sucks sh*t, that's one cool drawing. I agree that it'd make a good t-shirt.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanks. ^_^

I know a place in New Jersey that makes custom T-shirts. They've got T-shirts of all colors and designs, and cool images that you can pick from. TV stars and animals, sayings and hit movies, and more. (I've got a gray shirt with a tiger on it from last time we were there.) Since we're going there again in July, I'm gonna print this and ask if they can make one from my drawing. If they do, I'll make sure to get a pic of it. If not...it's still a cool drawing. XP

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Shadow » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Nice art ^__^

Also, you could try CafePress.. I'll PM you the link if ya want...
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks. ^_^

CafePress? Sounds like a way to buy coffee online. XP But sure, I'll give it a try.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:25 pm

This one was drawn out of boredom for a friend, but it came out so well I decided to put it up here as well. :3

Apparently he and I ran into something unfriendly here and he got the sh*t kicked out of him. So true to character (meaning because I protect the people I care about), I jumped in front of him to make sure he didn't take any more damage. He's looking...either surprised or worried.

I love how most things came out, especially the blood. The only thing I'm unhappy with is the shading...it kindasorta sucks.

Because photobucket blurs red and rapes the quality, here's a better version: http://steeltalon.deviantart.com/art/Le ... -169716100

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Looks pretty cool. :P

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:34 pm

The one on the left looks too human like. I think it's snout doesn't seem to protrude out enough, it's too flat.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:36 pm

GF: Thanks. :3

EE: That's the way I draw cats. My friend's snout sticks out more because he's a fox, not a feline. (Though I'm pretty sure I made his muzzle too wide for it to look foxish...)

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:43 am

Fox's snout is too wide, but the cat looks fine IMO....claws on the hind legs seem too straight though. should be a wee bit more curved IMO. paw claws are fine though...

EE, you obviously haven't seen Persians before. if ever there was a creature that could comically be explained as having slammed face first into a wall, it'd be a Persian. face is completely flat. my cats are persian mixes, so their faces protrude just a bit. some persians actually have their faces dipped INWARDS. but those are usually prone to health problems, and in severe cases, eating problems, because they have their faces buried in the food before they can bite anything...luckily my cats don't suffer that problem...i have a Feline Food Disposal unit in the house....along with a cat who preffers to taste things until there's nothing left, before eating it :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to General Art