My Decent Drawings

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Postby C S » Mon May 10, 2010 12:10 am

Just follow the profiles...follow the profiles and the yellow brick road.... <.>
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Mon May 10, 2010 12:22 am

Yeah I did see Loneclaw as kind of contemptuous in a way, or maybe disdainful is a better word.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 10, 2010 12:28 am

Well, here it is since there don't seem to be huge problems with anatomy...I'm glad. First attempt at drawing so many characters so close together. I was afraid I'd fall flat on my face...

I, for one, love the stripe pattern on Hawksight's face. ^_^ And yes. There is a star on Snowy's forehead. Why? He's one of the leaders of the Clan, I felt like putting one there...and there are too many white cats in this drawing. Gotta identify him somehow. XD
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Evil Eye » Mon May 10, 2010 12:31 am

Loneclaw looks awesome, is that a fur pattern or scar over his/her eye?
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 10, 2010 12:41 am

ty. ^_^ It's a fur pattern I added in.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Mon May 10, 2010 12:44 am

STAR POWER

Pic looks good yesh

EE: Loneclaw is a guy. :P
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Mon May 10, 2010 12:45 am

Sorry lol. I have no background information whatsoever on any of them.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 10, 2010 12:53 am

CS: lol. Thanks. ^_^

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon May 10, 2010 2:14 am

Looks really good. The color really brings out the uniqueness in each of the cats, in my opinion.

Pictures match their personalities pretty well, with Snowy being Happy cat (KP's nickname for him), Loneclaw looking like he's all "...what the f*ck?" (aswell as being fluffy)

...And Fogcloud being angsty, as always D:<
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon May 10, 2010 2:07 pm

looks pretty good!!!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 10, 2010 6:54 pm

TT: Thanks. Him and his angstiness...X3

GF: Many thanks. ^_^

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 31, 2010 11:48 am

I can honestly say I'm extremely proud of this pic. With a few references, and not a small amount of persistence, I finally drew a decent picture of a human! (In fact, I think it's the best pic of a human I've ever done. Ever.)

All in all, it took about five hours. The lineart took one hour - coloring and shading Yoru took an additional three. There I had to pause because it was after midnight. But I JUST finished Yoru's demon form, and that took a little over an hour to do.

No background because I think that would draw attention away from the differences between Yoru's human and demon forms.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon May 31, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm impressed. Not simply because of the detail of the girl, but also because feathers a EXTREMELY difficult to draw.

I don't have any words that can do justice to how cool and impressive this picture is. Good job!!!!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 31, 2010 12:40 pm

^_^ Many thanks!

Yeah, feathers are always a pain to draw by hand, but with a mouse? Almost pure hell. XD I was lucky to find such a good drawing of them to check back to while I was working on her wings.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon May 31, 2010 12:42 pm

Oh, shit- you did this with the computer?! Sheesh, that makes this even MORE impressive..................

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 31, 2010 12:48 pm

Yep. :3 Only tools I used were Paint and a mouse. ^_^

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon May 31, 2010 12:52 pm

That's tough. Drawing on paint is NOT fun. D:

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 31, 2010 12:58 pm

It's easier than photoshop for me. *shrugs* And with the years, I've actually gotten pretty good at using Paint. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, you can get some pretty awesome results. It just takes a bit of practice - and patience. lol

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon May 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Patience..... that is a skill that I lack. :P

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon May 31, 2010 1:07 pm

Haha, then drawing with a mouse isn't for you. XP

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

PreviousNext

Return to General Art