My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Postby Evil Eye » Wed May 05, 2010 10:00 pm

KP: that's one hell of a drawing. The executioner is a badass. Really nice detail put into the scythe and runes, good job.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu May 06, 2010 2:08 am

He looks pretty scary. I like the double scythe.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu May 06, 2010 2:21 am

Oh, the "Executioner" is a grim reaper copy! Real original D:<

Now its time to give everyone a history listen to destroy all hopes of the Executioner being imposing!

The Executioner was created so we could kill off characters as a form of punishment. His original appearance was vagueblackmassthatisalwaystoodarktosee :P

He originally existed only in ISS. And his name isn't "The Executioner". We took a vote, and his name is and forever will be Noodle. It stemmed from KP attempting to describe the executioner, saying he could take any shape, and "could be a giant noodle for all we know".

Obviously this whole business of being "THE EMBODIMENT OF DARKNESS OOOH AAAH" is just the RPGT E-war version of him. In reality, "The Executioner" is actually a bunch of characters. In Sea RPG, it was Bob from ISS' human invasion. In SIRPG, it was King Kong himself.

Now that that's been taken care of, in all seriousness the drawing looks great. I especially like the design of the scythe, but as I said, the concept of a grim reaper is BOORING :P

Acidfang looks great too, though I think the positioning of the shoulders is a bit off, and his head could be a bit bigger. This is thinking of a general Carchar appearance, though.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu May 06, 2010 11:46 am

done with your tantrum? :P

Noodle is, as it was then, a random nickname that you guys liked. his appearance here is, as i said before, one of many. in RPGs he takes different forms based on the place he is.

as for the embodiment of darkness [i knew you'd rant about that. hence my comment of 'not the raptor' earlier :P ], it's just a term to imply his omnipotence. his role is to kill off characters as punishment. to ensure no noob would try and evade it, he has been made an absolute force. no escape, no resistence. he appears, you're dead. end of story.
in RPGTEW he's been watered down slightly so people at least get a chance of doing something before being killed/captured [hence the fight with Craefr, as opposed to nstant death and imprisonment that would happen in normal situations]....Aeonus' exploit of non-existent technicalities to try and get away got him out of the bind; a side effect of toning the Executioner down.

Grim Reaper has been mankind's vision of death for centuries. the ominous outlook of it, a creature you can never truly see even when right in front of you, and the inevitability of meeting him in the end, are traits that've been around for centuries. so of course, seeing as the Executioner is basically death in RPGs and E-Wars, i thought it'd be a good idea to establish that as his neutral [non-themed] form. also, there's no mistakening a creature in a Reaper's robes with an enormous scythe, with some random dude living next door :P [unless you have mentally unstable, potentially homicidal psychos living next door]

i've also borrowed a feature from a certain really cool rock/metal band's mascot. a cookie to whoever figures out who i'm talking about. i expect Yuke to get it easily...if he ever looks in here...

to clarify, this appearance isn't the only neutral appearance he has. it's the most common, but there are more...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Thu May 06, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu May 06, 2010 2:04 pm

If my RPG gets off the ground, the executioner will be Shi Kahn. :twisted:

BOW DOWN TO THE KING OF DEATH!!!!

Oh, and KP- you double posted. :P
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu May 06, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm just disappointed in the unoriginal design. Its done very well, no doubt about that, but its the concept I have a problem with. Your drawing of Noodle (Which I lost when the PC exploded...twice) from ISS was awesome, as he was this kickass hybrid.

he appears, you're dead.

Wrong sir! In a certain instance, he appeared after a character was already dead...yes, it was to make sure the character stayed dead, but still :P

also, there's no mistakening a creature in a Reaper's robes with an enormous scythe, with some random dude living next door Razz [unless you have mentally unstable, potentially homicidal psychos living next door]

...Or someone trick or treating :P
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 pm

What did the Noodle drawing look like, TT?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu May 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Was a cross between a bunch of different dinosaurs. Even had like a stegosaurus tail or something. Might've been an anky.

KP needs to upload it D:<
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu May 06, 2010 6:43 pm

actually, the tail [in one instance. there were two hybrid drawings, each having a slightly different design] was based on a Diplodocus. the other was plain. and as a side note, i've decided to go on an executioner frenzy. with one of the neutral appearances [i'll be getting back to him and possibly redrawing certain aspects of him to fix mistakes] done, i'm going to re-create the Monster of ISS [75 feet of pure badassery locked in a frame making it capable of killing anyone and anything], and probably make concept designs for other RPGs and E-Wars. Bob is a human character. and we all know i'm awful at humans. i also think Bob's more awesome left anonymous :P . though i may get round to him in the future... there's also a couple of other Neutral Forms i have in mind. more inventive versions of the Reaper base. like i said. the pic you see is just one version...there are several...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Acidfang, quite cool. I like the pic.

As for this 'executioner' chap, quite dull.

Too many squiggles.

Also: Emobodiment of darkness
Wouldn't it make sense for it to be, I dunno, a shadow?

To critque mr Executioners' appearance in the pic, I don't like the head, the scythe is good, but I don't like the squiggles along the blades. I especially like the double headed part of it. His 'cloak' is god awful, looks more like a dress. Maybe that was the intention, I dunno, but with you calling it a 'he' all the time and the likeliness of him being a transvestite, I assume it wasn't. Also, his hand is at a seriously awkward bend. Looks painful.
(also, does he have a V-top? Don't get me wrong, nothing against transvestites, but I never would have guessed)

Finally, you seem to have mentioned Mr Executioner being in an rpg, or several even. I cannot seem to find him anywhere. Typo? Planned character? Or did you just mean that dude from RPGTEW?

(Let it be known that Noodle does not wear a dress, is not a grim reaper, and has no connection with one 'Shadow Realm'
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Thu May 06, 2010 7:24 pm

to quote a Raptor whose earned his awesomeness, "A shadow is only a part of the darkness" :P

2: the head was basically meant to be unseen aside from the eyes. the hood could've been done better, but at the moment i can't seem to find a way to pull it off. the runes on the blade, in a coloured pic, would glow, the blade itself being a black background with red edges. the runes actually have a meaning, as opposed to being random squiggles. as i mentioned earlier, i intend to fix a few things. the arms are examples. i plan to erase and redo them. the v-top is just a random blank-filler, because otherwise the torso looks too bland and empty compared to the rest of the cloak. the cloak's appearance itself is just rough. it'd constantly be changing form if it were a moving picture, with wisps fading and reappearing and changing shape constantly, not having a solid form. the background and lighting would contribute alot to the feel of the pic, but as we all know, i fail at that epically :P

as for being in multiple RPGs and E-Wars, how do you expect characters to be killed off as punishment. that's the Executioner's job. so wherever characters are killed off as punishment [which is basically anywhere on the site if enough rules are broken :P], the Executioner exists in one form or another...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Nice quote, but unfortunately it fails to back up your drag queen grim reaper. :P

Just because the runes mean something doesn't make them look pretty.
Also, PR 101
Unless you state something is WIP, it's your best effort. Don't post a half done drawing without saying so. If something isn't finished, SAY SO, and do so in detail, say WHAT isn't finished, say what you intend on doing. The only reason for releasing a WIP without the finished product next to it, outside competitions, is looking for constructive criticism, suggestions and maybe advice on how to fix/finish something.

If your releasing it as a teaser, then hide the parts you aren't happy with or haven't finalised.

the v-top is just a random blank-filler, because otherwise the torso looks too bland and empty compared to the rest of the cloak. the cloak's

If your going to put something in, put effort into it. A chain is only as strong as the weakest link. You should avoid half assing anything.

Tone a bit harsh? Most definitely. As far as I'm concerned, that is nothing to do with the executioner, not Noodle, not bob, no way. It's insulting to call it the executioner. A bit like someone popping up with a sheet of paper half coloured in with crayon going "OUR NEW NATIONAL FLAG!" and expecting people to support it.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Well if theres one thing i think every artist agrees on it's that an honest opinion is better than one that sounds good. if you're lucky, the honest opinion DOES sound good, but you can't expect that all the time.

we've discussed the drag-queen-iness of the sketch, though i don't nessecarily agree. the v-neck appearance is admittedly not quite as it should've been. i've been thinking of an alternative, which resembles the old 16th century half cloaks that would go around the shoulders. it'd, for lack of a better description, look like a very narrow upside down v. tied at the top and opening slightly below. a cloak over the robe itself, acting as a kind of rain-guard for the shoulders. i can picture it's application in the pic very well.

as for your comments on WIPs, i think most people will agree that most if not ALL the pics i've put up here are chronically WIPs. the semi-complete ones are ones with finalised line-art, and those tend to be posted twice or three times, with the last being the so called semi-complete ones. until colours start hitting my pics, they will never be anything more than heavily worked on WIPs, even in the best of cases. also remember these are sketches. i'm not sure about how people percieve sketches in general, but where mine are conscerned, they're almost always WIPs by nature.

and again, harsh delivery aside, i like honest opinions. I value constructive criticism. but as a side note, i'd appreciate some constructive suggestions as to how this can be improved. i will say what i can currently see wrong in the pic. feel free to add to it: arms need correcting. hood needs some adjustment, the squiggles under the hood need to be removed and replaced. more detail on the robe itself. possibly shrink the Executioner's form in comparison to the pic to fit everything in [i am admittedly VERY bad at that >_<]

this is, as i said before, a neutral appearance of the Executioner. this is NOT the thing in the RPGs. not appearance-wise. the personality in RPGTEW is just that: a personality. the mindset of the Executioner towards his role. absolute. unwavering. not to be depended on as a standard on which to base 'on duty' behaviour. i think many have already noticed the ISS Executioner is some enormous black, completely insane beast that comes up suddenly, destroys whatever it is that needs to be destroyed, and just as suddenly disappears again. the only thing shared between the Executioner there and the entity in the pic is that both are pitch black to the point it's almost unnatural [in the entity's case, definately unnatural]...

so, now i've responded to your comment in every way i can see ( :P )...any suggestions?

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:32 am

decided to upload a pic of Subject 209 [aka Artemis] before i log off.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... rtemis.jpg

no, he's not meant to look like a zombified koopa. as i said in his descriptions, he had mutated ALOT...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:34 am

*Eyes pop out, my heart leaping from my mouth.*

Holy cow. HOLY FREAKING COW! I never expected you to unleash such a devastating, yet awsome-looking creature upon me. screw 10/10. This deserves OVER 15/10!

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:54 am

Very good drawing, KP. BTW, are you open to character requests or not yet?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Quite cool. I like to see you trying new things.

A few points:
-I like the spikes, then again, those seem to be a speciality of yours.

-the fish head is cool

-The hand, while supposed to be over sized, just looks out of place. Doesn't seem to fit physically.

-The tail, the bit where the perspective changes so that you can see it in '3d'. It doesn't join up right because of how the scales are shaped. You should try make it more seamless.

-the legs are woeful. they look very rushed.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Not bad, not as good as some others, but still pretty awesome.

Is it just me, or does this look kind of like Gamera?

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Looks awesome KP. Its vaguely similar to Bowser in shape, which is good, but still different enough to do away with the cartoony sh*t.

I particularly like the tail and the head, very nice detail there. I agree with Doc on the hand though, looks really out of place.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Are you implying that Bowser's only cartoonish crud? Cuz I will send you evidence that he's anything BUT that (Though it depends on who does the image of Bowser...)

Anyways, very nice drawing, KP... I can see you really thought this one through...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to General Art