My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 25, 2012 2:41 am

Credit goes to TT for the idea. I just took the description and put it on paper :P

But thanks. I try my best to make sure it comes out as requested.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:13 pm

I would like to formally withdraw the Xolotl request. There was an incidence on the set last week, with mr. Xolotl and one mr. Setsus storming off the scene after a disagreement with his agent over artistic direction. The project is on hiatus for the time being.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 25, 2012 5:01 pm

roflmao.

Like I said, get me that reference pic, and I'll give you a proper Xolotl pic. Most people, I can draw their requests off description alone. Yours tend to be a bit more complicated than that though :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 30, 2012 8:02 pm

A WIP of Septimus's new sword. Name in the link is a placeholder/intended translation of the actual name. said name will be revealed later. Also, try and imagine the blade being made of polished/varnished Snakewood, the scabbard and hilt of vanilla-white leather, with navy blue leather and seam accents. Same for the pattern on the side of the scabbard. the hand guard and pommel of the sword, along with the top and bottom of the scabbard are silver in colour [In hindsight it'd probably be platinum, or at least polished steel. similar effect to silver, at least]. The gem in the pommel is blue topaz.

All this is being mentioned because I'm horrible with photoshop and lack the skill necessary to apply said elements from actual images. colouring is in progress, but time consuming and stressful. Will upload once that's done :>

God damn that was a mouthful over a sword.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed May 30, 2012 11:40 pm

Nice lookin' sword, I must say!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Thu May 31, 2012 12:15 am

Very fancy and deadly apperance for the sword. It reminds me a bit of the Devil slicer from the MH series.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:49 am

Temporarily shelved the sword project due to lack of free time and commitment on such a stressful situation. Will resume it once my final exams are over.

In the mean time, thought I'd give some people a reference to go off if they run into Erebus [the apeshit Trike that just demolished HF's villainous Raptor pack :P] in ISSR.

An updated version of an older image [as seen in the bottom right], with his latest scar added in: the three claw scar over the eye.

And this is him 20 years down the line. An ongoing project. Will edit in more scars as he gets into more fights in the RPG. That way the players that challenge him will get a visual memorial [probably the best word to describe it. Erebus isn't known for letting attackers live if he can help it :P] in the form of a scar amidst the dozens he carries. I will apply the same thing to Crusher, due to him being my primary character.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Ceratosaurus21 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:09 am

I really like this idea KP, I also enjoy trike itself it really does make me think of Erebus. Great Work :D
Ceratosaurus21
Cockroach
Cockroach

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:16 am

Pretty kickass! I always thought Trikes looked badass... :mrgreen:
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:32 am

Splendind drawing of Erebus. His scar seems to give him a more menacing look than the one his expression alone gives.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:31 am

Erebus is designed around the concept of the Ageing Badass. He's the grumpy old veteran with a million reasons to hate everything around him, and only needing one reason to snap at the nearest thing in reach. I tried to embody that in these images.

With the younger one, he's got a shorter temper and more violent attitude, but is also impatient [hence him snapping just at the sight of Crusher, but breaking off when Crusher disappears into the undergrowth and the Raptors come into view, switching his focus on them instead]. As he gets older, his fuse gets longer, but his mood deteriorates until he is eventually locked in a constantly bad mood. players of the old ISS will probably remember the incident where he launched a log across a river, nearly crushing a bunch of Dromeosaurids, just because of some minor irritation.

And it only gets worse :P

As for choosing the Trike, reason is simple: Out of the major herbivores, none is more threatening in the average Dino lover's mind than an angry Triceratops. An armoured Rhino the size of a bus. Not as sluggish as the Anky, but just as capable of immense destruction.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:47 am

This will probably amuse you, KP. I showed my mother the two recent drawings of Erebus and she said that they were good, but found them to be a little cartoony because Erebus seems to be a little chubby. :P
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:17 am

lawl. She doesn't know much about Trikes does she? :P

Tell her it's added protection :>

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Finally got round to it. IK's request for a G-Virus infected Raptor.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:55 pm

Now there's one scary monster!

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:19 am

That looks like the type of creature that umbrella would be willing to pay a large amount of money to get ahold of even if it wouldn't stay in that form for long. Excellent job, KP. I find the fourth, backward facing digit on the front feet to be an interesting touch.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 pm

I agree with GF.

MOTHER OF GOD.

By the way, I love Erebus's description. (Apeshit Trike ftw)
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:56 am

Crusher's new look :>

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:01 am

As I said, he looks awesome!

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:57 am

Excellent redesign, KP. You did a fine job ensuring that he would retain a menacing look.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to General Art