My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Decided to take a shot at something non organic for once. The Ezdelera: my character's ship in SEW:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... aWIP-2.png - link for people whose screens aren't large enough to see the IMG version above.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:50 pm

I like how the ship has a bit of a shark like look to it. This makes it both look like it was built for speed and to look menacing to any foes of it's owner.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:14 am

The ship looks prety darn good, KP!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 01, 2012 8:26 pm

thanks. It's meant to be a fast, stealthy civilian ship [though this particular ship has some military-grade improvements, most notably in its weaponry and defences, as well as a much larger engine than normal]. built for speed and manoeuvrability. During atmospheric flight, the wings rise so that they're level with the ship, to make sure the craft produces maximum lift, allowing more of the engine's power to be focused on thrust instead of keeping it airborne.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Tue May 01, 2012 9:26 pm

I hope I'm not annoying you with this question KP, but what's the status of my request?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 02, 2012 2:17 pm

shelved until I can get some breathing room. Been doing back to back essays and quizzes almost since I drew the Ezdelera. I've barely found time to squash a post or two into my schedule. drawing requires a fair amount of time over that. especially when I need to go through references first to get an idea of how to pull off what I'm trying to draw. All I know now is that the Raptor's gonna be a quadruped instead of a biped. Beyond that, I'm honestly clueless.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Kp, I hope I'm annoying you with this question
Why the F**k haven't you done Xolotl yet?

:P
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Thu May 03, 2012 7:17 pm

roflmao. Well, IIRC, the source upon which I was planning to draw him got nuked. I would gladly draw him if I had a reference.

On a random note:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... G_0106.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... G_0107.jpg

technically art seeing as I designed the setup of the lights. Behold the Haxmobile :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri May 04, 2012 12:00 am

Well done! Good thing you don't live in the states, becuase they'll fine you if you do that here. :P
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 04, 2012 8:38 am

even if the lights aren't outrageously bright?

reason I did it is because modern cars have such powerful headlights people have kinda gone numb to the lights on older cars like mine. they barely acknowledge your existence unless you have the high beams on, and then they just get pissed off. So, I made a few modifcations :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat May 05, 2012 12:34 am

Mmhm. It's preposterous.

Still, looks good, considering you changed the lights yourself. :) And yeah, peopel are a bit less sensitive to light these days....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat May 05, 2012 12:41 am

well, I didn't do it myself. I just told the guys what I wanted done to it, and supervised to make sure it was done to my specifications. Don't have the skill to rewire headlights without risking damaging something. Done wrong, it can screw up the battery. Wouldn't risk causing damage to the car. repairs have already cost me enough as is.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat May 05, 2012 1:20 am

Ah. Better safe than sorry. :mrgreen:

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Before I move on to new projects [such as the G-Virus Raptor, and, assuming I get reference material, Xolotl], I decided to finish off some pics I've been wanting to edit/complete. The first of these:

Septimus adjustment

Not much to the average viewer. I just adjusted the wing talons to fit Hueilin standards [they live amidst the mountains, and cling to cliff and mountain faces regularly. Seppy's old talons weren't quite as....functional for the job], as well as adjusted his eyes [he looked a bit too imperious in the original pic. looked like his ego was the size of a small planet] to be a bit wider, as well as adjusted the colours to more closely reflect his eyes [the sclera [whites] of his eyes are black, and the pupils a shimmering white, with a cyan/blue glow. Aside from that, all I really did was darken the lines in some of the less clear areas, so you could see details that were previously obscured.

And now for the pic you guys HAVEN'T seen before:

Arashi redesigned

Because the old Arashi was derpy, and weak looking, and inaccurate to how I ultimately wished him to look.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Tue May 08, 2012 8:43 pm

I really like the Arashi redesign. His pupiless eyes make him seem scarier and his feet seem to be a bit more suited for gripping things.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Arashi looks like White Fatalis if he moved quadruped insted of bipedally. :P Well done, looks pretty kickass!

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 16, 2012 12:28 am

his blank eyes are a result of the sheer power running through him. While most Hueilin only have eyes like that when they're using magic, Arashi is like that all the time. It only reveals itself naturally for a brief time, usually when he's been overexerted or otherwise has spent a large amount of his energy on something.

As for looking like White Fata, that was one of the inspirations for the design. he had a majesty about him that a lot of other Dragon designs lacked. So I decided to take those elements and employ them in ways that benefited what I was going for.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Thu May 24, 2012 8:38 pm

TT's shapeshifting Dragon character, Jiier. Quite a handsome chap, dont you think? :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Thu May 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Splendid job, KP. Really like how you did his feathery/furry coating and his facial expression.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu May 24, 2012 11:26 pm

Ooh, wow, that looks pretty awesome, KP! I liek the mane especially!
Last edited by Doc 42 on Fri May 25, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: /Spelling spetznaz

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to General Art