My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:24 am

KP: After drawing Razortail, do you mind making a picture of Lord Ghidorah in your own style?
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:44 am

if you can find the time to give me all the details i ask for [trust me, i am gonna be asking ALOT of detailed questions, even if your profile is very detailed. ask IK. i'm running him through a near literal interrogation over details about Razortail to draw him], sure. i just hope university doesn't consume too much of my time. provided i have the time to spend and you have the activity, i'll gladly draw Lord Ghidorah for you...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:46 am

I'm sorry if I'm overburdoning you, KP, but could you draw the Parasite Queen? I'll give you a pic or vid to help you out...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:47 am

Razortail's done. i've done it as well as i could, though at times the description tended to confuse me [too complicated IK, too complicated! <_> :P ]. but i think i've got it as he wants.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... lFinal.jpg

next up: Lord Ghidorah. any other requests for me to line up on the list? :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:49 am

Great job with Razortail, KP. I like how you made his sides and underbelly have an armor plated look. My next request would be MKG in your style.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:50 am

yea, KP. could you please do not only a drawing of the Parasite Queen, but also of Bowser and Ridley hanging out together?

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:00 am

MKG....i'll add it to the list...though i've never seen him in any Godzilla movie [i've only seen 2 Toho made ones and the 1998 Tristar movie, so there are alot of Toho Kaiju i don't know much about where appearance is conscerned]. i'll give it a try. i think i can pull it off....i just hope the hardcore Ghidorah fans [TT >_> <_<] don't go ballistic when they see what i've done with their beloved Kaiju :lol:

also...thought i might add this here since i'm on the topic of Razortail. the prototype pics:

Prototype 1

Prototype 2

and the third one a few posts up

hmm....well, Ridley i MIGHT be able to do....the Parasite Queen....if you can give me a full, detailed, easily consultable picture of her, maybe i can [never played a single Metroid game apart from the one with Dark Samus in it, and even that, i was just watching, not playing, and not the whole thing]. Bowser?...it'd be kinda hard to decartoonify a purely cartoon villain...i'd probably ruin him...but i could try...but i think i may make it so any requester gets one pic drawn per 'turn'. so you get Parasite Queen/Ridley/Bowser. one of them. i take a request from someone else, and if nobody turns up by the time i've finished yours completely and it's here, then i'll take up the next. otherwise it'd be unfair on others who want pics done :wink:

so for now, the list goes as follows:
1:Lord Ghidorah
2:Mecha King Ghidorah
3:Parasite Queen

with Ridley and Bowser pending. one of them will be put immediately behind whoever else requests. [keep in mind Gira you can swap Parasite Queen with any one of them. who it is may effect when i can finish it though :P]

NOTICE: Anyone who wants me to draw them a character, especially if it's their own, they must be prepared to provide frequent information and answer me in PMs. as i said above, i'll be asking questions on specific details. that's the only way i can get the detail to the standard i need for these pics. so yeah. if you can't give me the info when i ask, dont expect the pic to be finished for a while [at least until i have the info i need :P]
Last edited by The Kingpin on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:11 am

KP:No worries. I'll have a pic of MKG for you to refference from by the time your ready for him.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:36 am

Alright then KP. PMing image away!

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Pyronychus » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:38 am

Wow, all amazing, as usual. I know this may sound silly, but I really like how you did Horus' feet, especially the killing claws. Sometimes I have trouble drawing decent looking toes and claws. Getting them to come out the right shape and scale has always challenged me for some reason...And the detail and number of spikes blows me away as always. XP I noticed little details in the armor plating I've never seen before too. It really fills in the voids and makes them more complete. Just looked back on the first pics, and... wow. The amount of progress you've made is more than noticeable...

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:50 am

thanks, Pyro. it delights me that you think that. it's actually one of the reasons i'm asking for people to request characters if they want them done. they get a picture for people to reference of their characters, and i get to practice without hurting my head over what i should do next :P . as for Horus....funnily enough, his feet and head are the parts i'm most proud of on him....i'm happy to see that others like the minute details aswell ^_^

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:57 am

Wow, you made Razortail look pretty bada**, KP. Nice work.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:31 pm

ty Dm. glad to know you like it. even after IK told me i had it almost perfectly, i still felt bad about him....somehow i feel as if i've done something wrong...but i dunno what...

anyway, sorry about Lord Ghidorah not being done yesterday. but i'm kinda being thrown into chaos because University starts tomorrow. i've copy pasted the characters' profiles into text documents. now i MAY be losing internet access as of tomorrow, but with a bit of luck, dad'll forget to do that and i can get back on. however...i wanted to ask you Dm: is there anything different with LG's appearance from the Ghidorah pic you linked there....kinda pointless to have me do something of him. i won't be able to match the quality of that pic for a loooooooooong time...if anything i'd probably end up tracing it because of it's 3D angle and use it to help me get used to doing things with characters that mental block usually stops me from doing...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Well, you can use a bit of artistic liberty on LG, since he's mostly similar to King Ghidorah, just larger and a bit more impressive looking.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 pm

After you're done with LG, MKG and The Parasite Queen and find the time, could you do your own take on Ravage?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:56 am

well this is interesting....

i've discovered i have a mental block against Ghidoras....after roughly 5 unsuccessful tries, i gave up. i'm afraid i won't be able to draw them for you, guys. but then, why ask me to draw something when better images are already available for it? that's just a waste of time...

after some careful thinking, i've decided to limit my character works to only unique chracters [ones that don't have a picture in popular media already] as a way to let members know what they're dealing with.

now, Ridley is in the works as we speak, and i'm proud to give you one of my more satisfying works to date, TT's character Tyvexious:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... sbeta2.jpg

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:15 am

Ah, well. Maybe you could draw Keizer Komodo instead (he's pretty unique)? Awesome picture of Tyvexious, too.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:35 am

thanks ^_^

and yeah, i guess i could do KK. in any case, it's late and i have Uni tomorrow. when i get on i'll look at the profile/ask questions...etc and get what i need for when i finish Ridley and start KK...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Reconsidering my previous posts i've decided to scrap Ridley because it wouldn't be fair to draw him, and NOT draw other people's non-unique popular media characters. so yeah. Giratina, if you want a drawing by me, you need to start working on unique stuff instead of just random characters that already have 28576385763756 pics...

next in line: Keizer Komodo. i'll start tomorrow at about this time/a few hours later...Dm, be ready for an extensive questioning session. chances are i won't START the drawing tomorrow, as i will most likely be well and truely exhausted by the time i get on [early morning lecture in College, studying till 12 noon, head back home, take care of a few errands, head off with friends, have a blast till roughly 9-11 PM, THEN the site]...

if you can find me some pics to help describe specific parts of his appearance, that'd really help.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:48 pm

Alright, Kingpin... I understand perfectly...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to General Art