My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Postby C S » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Canon > random fan art

canon in this case is cartoonish crud <.>

Im...disappointed with this pic... for the sole reason its too similar to the inspiration/ base pic KP showed me yesterday, which was on some website
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Yes, Bowser is cartoony as I said. In all the games and such he was involved in, he wasn't designed to be menacing, not by today's standards anyway. Mario games are fun for everyone, but let's face it, they are rated E for a reason...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:16 pm

I just love to cast people's erronious notions to the side :P

That said, now that I look at Artimes abit closer, he DOES look sorta like Orga mixed with Anguirous... or maybe I'm just looking at him wrong...

oh, and TT? There IS something abit meneacing about a large, bipedal firebreathing turtle with an evil look on his face and a mane...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Bowser is just a cartoonish version of Gamera.

You know, now I'm tempted to draw bowser for some reason...... see how he turns out.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:41 pm

i've been considering details with the pic. i've inked the current one and am thinking of redoing it. but considering this pic was done in no more than 4 hours, as opposed to the 7-10 hours i spend on a properly worked on sketch, yes Doc, it IS rushed. i intend to do another more well thought out one in the future....maybe if i find my internet isn't back by tomorrow. the hands might be a BIT big. but as a creature, it's meant to have startlingly big hands. they can be used as a supporting means of transport in addition to it's feet....quadrupedal. other details i'll keep secret for now...don't want to ruin the surprise next time i set it loose...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Hmmm...well, I do like surprises when fighting foes. Makes me adjust my strategy everytime...

I didn't even realized that the drawing was rushed...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:03 pm

personally, the fact it's so disproportionate is part of what makes it a fitting monster. part of what makes a 'monster' is that it doesn't fit with what is natural. so the more unbelievable the anatomy, the better :P . if the page was big enough, i'd give it bigger legs [yes. my art only comes in two sizes. ball point size (which, believe it or not, are almost as detailed as the full on sketches you see here....just on such a small size that when scanned they'd be heavily pixelated] and page size. the latter is what you see here. A4 paper's too small. need a bigger page. but then i can't scan it. and with a stance like that, it's difficult to give it proper proportions without bending stuff. i'd have to make him crouch, for example...

so how it's proportions line up is open to debate. as for the scales, Doc, please point where exactly you mean, whenever i get the internet back. i'll see if i can correct it. but at the moment, the only thing i think is off with the tail is that where it turns the scale-less [sketch-wise. in reality it does have scales there, as well as the whole of it's body. just avoided it for simplicity and time's sake] part of the tail seems to head towards the bend too 'straight'. it should bend more. but that's easily adjusted...

keep in mind however that this ISN'T a realistic Bowser. it's a monster created from Bowser. so it isn't meant to be overly similar to him. the pull away from the origin is intentional. CS, the reason that it looks so similar to the pic i showed you is because that was just about the only reference pic i had of it that fit what i want.

IK, i will take requests sometime in the future. but for now, i'm giving my imagination free reign over my art rather than be bound to set descriptions. more fun and it helps me vent various frustrations....hence why some of the more unique creations like Horus, are as intricate as they are :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Artemis Inked.

gonna do some skin making experiments in photoshop to see if i can't give him some crocodile-ish skin...

and no, those aren't holes in his neck. those are scaley plates...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:06 pm

...And Artemis just got a whole lot more monstrous... Very nice work there, KP!

Bowser: I need a satelite to vaporize that beast... that, or a priest to purify it to the point of harmlessness...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:45 am

God help those who face the devil in flesh- Artemis!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor33 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Wait, on your deviant art, you said it was a B.O.W. of a Koopa... explain?
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Bio-Organic Weapon. it's a term used by Umbrella in the Resident Evil series. this is one of those what if crossovers. if Umbrella were to capture Bowser, what'd happen?

answer: Artemis. that's what :P

oh and Gira.....a satellite won't do much to Artemis....neither will a random InuYasha priest or some other crap...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby raptor33 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 am

I knew what a B.O.W. was (saw a few videos of RE5 gameplay, went to the RE Wiki, etc) but I had no idea if it was Bowser or just a generic koopa....
You've lost the game,
The game of life,
So drop your pain,
And leave your strife.
raptor33
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey KP, you up for a commission?
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:08 pm

depends really. what do you have in mind?

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:23 am

Well, how confident are you in drawing Elites? I want a drawing of my Elite character Elch.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:30 am

oh...wow

tbh, never drawn one, and don't think i CAN draw one and give it justice...sorry...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:31 am

Ah well. Was worth a shot. :P
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:18 pm

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... shaded.png

heeeeeeeeeeere's Thrasher

and that will be the first....and last...Spinosaur i do in a while...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 pm

Thrasher looks cool. I really like how you did the skin on the fronts of his legs.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to General Art