My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:41 am

The art level, it's OVER 9000!

Very great sketch, KP. That's one very demonic looking European dragon. 10/10, and a raise if I was your employer. :D

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Anaclagon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:52 am

Bane is going to be interesting @_@

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:57 am

He actually made two or three drawings of Bane...Fun fact: The first drawing of Bane, during the first stages of his creation, made Bane waaaaay taller then Godzilla...not to mention longer :P

Anyway, as I said via MSN, Horus looks great. I actually, for some reason, pictured him standing on two legs...but this is nonetheless cool.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Anaclagon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:05 am

I gotta see the pics now then...

@_@

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:24 pm

Horus could probably rear up on his hind legs, but not for any extended period of time, due to the weight of his armoured Torso.

@ Pyro: i would like to draw a colour copy, but i have no idea how i'll retain the detail. there's ALOT of black on his body. the spikes are a light tan colour in daylight and glow gold at night. the loops you see on his wings alternate between gold and blue, Egyptian style [he is, in the E-War's continuity, the inspiration for the Ancient Egyptian God, Horus], making it look like he has feathered wings at night. the foremost line in his eye is the pupil, which would normally be glowing pure white, with the iris behind it glowing golden up to the line roughly in the middle of the eye, after which you see the 'whites', or, in this case, royal blues. the lines between his horns, and 'ears', are going to also be blue ang gold, but they only go that colour when he's enraged. his chest had, before he was Cyborg-ised, a blue gem. now it's been replaced with an extremely advanced generator [similar to Ironman's]. i honestly wish i had help doing it...

i tried to make his head look as falcon-ish as possible, so that it'd be plausible that he was the inspiration for Horus in Egyptian mythology. the lines of scale you see at the top of the wings are actually 3 seperate 'fingers', but this is when he pulls them together. they overlap. due to space restrictions, i couldn't show the actual length of the legs. they're a bit longer than they appear in the picture. also, while on that subject, the front limbs are NOT, despite appearances, longer than the hind limbs. it's just that the armour sweeps over the back of the hind limbs.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Pyronychus » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:43 pm

The only thing I can think of that would help retain detail is raising the resolution of the scanner (if it can be adjusted), or raising the image resolution in an editor once it's scanned.

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:41 pm

no no. i mean the detail of the pic during the colouring process. my scanner, thankfully, isn't as bad as most are reputed to be. it can keep the detail fairly well....but colouring the pic in the first place is a major problem...i have no idea how i'll achieve that...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:04 pm

Are you going to show drawings of when Bane looked like most other Zilla's prior to looking the way he does now?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:16 am

i dunno....i don't think so though. not too happy with the detail of it. inferior to my current abilities [though even now it's not all that good...]

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby LV-426 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:22 pm

Hey KP you should draw more ISS characters.
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Why don't you try a drawing of Crusher battling Thrasher..

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby C S » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:59 pm

he did,
second picture here
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:03 pm

Oh.. need to read past posts more often...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:01 am

at long last, Bane's here. and as a surprise, an updated profile pic of Crusher. alot of the wounds [i think possibly all] from the Crusher vs. Thrasher pic are present on this pic in the form of scars, alongside numerous others that you can find if you look. before i start working on refining my perspective drawing skills, i'm trying to refine my mental map of various creatures and characters' anatomy, hence the somewhat more accurate bodyshape in this version of Crusher as opposed to older Rex pics i've made...

Bane:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/The_Cameraman/Bane2.jpg
i have to say i'm extremely disappointed at how this picture turned out. the original image had alot of attitude in the eyes, but as i was inking it, i ruined them. but the sheer amount of detail in it meant that inking another original copy would take forever, so i just went along with what i had. the suffering through the various attempts to correct it are visible in the quality of the image. the originally white paper's drifted almost to grey from the amount of reprints...-_-

Crusher:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/The_Cameraman/Crusher-1.jpg

also cleaned up the Horus pic a bit. the previous link won't work anymore so anyone who wants to see him can do so via this link:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/The_Cameraman/Horus2.jpg

and while i'm at it, let me warn you guys that most if not all typos you see in my posts from now onwards are due to the PC. it's finally crossing the line of no return...i plan to buy a replacement for this collapsing pile of junk ASAP....but bare wih me on th Typos for a while :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby UltraGrunt117 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:42 am

They are awesome, and I thought I was good at drawing dino's! Wish I was half as good as you :(
"Were It so Easy"- The Arbiter

UltraGrunt117
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Oh my... YOUR DRAWINGS ARE OFF THE HOOK!

Superb! Wonderful! It must have taken you awhile to draw those...

10/10!

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby raptor titanus3 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:42 pm

:shock: With a bit more practice you could become a true artist and make some big bucks off of that work (Hopefully, Life can be cruel and the public can be more cruel)
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Iceking » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:10 pm

I like all of them. My favorite is definetly the one of Bane, although I thought his armor would stand out more.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:40 pm

@ Ultragrunt: Practice makes perfect. i've been practicing for years. but i'm still far from perfect....

@Gira: i can typically churn out one complete picture [like the Inked Crusher pic i'm about to link] a day, or every two days in some cases [Crusher, due to needing reference and the large amount of detail, took about 3 days. two days of serious work and one just random sketching [first day. when i saw that i had the anatomy shape more or less correct i got serious. had to redraw him almost entirely when i found out the body was too small for his head >_<].

@ rt: unfortunately i'm still a LOOOOOOOONG way off from being able to do it for a living. though i intend to continue with it as a hobby and perhaps one day do it as a side job. earn some extra pay on top of my Petroleum Engineering job when i finish University [this'll be my first year]

@IK: stand out? how so?

here's Crusher, inked and complete apart from colours [i'm afraid to even try....]

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/The_Cameraman/Crusher2.jpg

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Duuuuuuude thats a seriously cool pic.
By far the best in terms of proportions and general build.

the tops of his legs look odd though, as if they are bolted onto its side rather than being seamlessly attached. Maybe its ment to be like that, I dunno, it just looks wrong to me.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Art