My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Postby Iceking » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:50 pm

KP:You mentioned in Bane's profile that his armor looks rock like and while the little spikes on his elbows and the bumbs on his legs seem to indicate armor there, the armor seems to be his actual scales rather than a covering.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:37 pm

@ Doc. well, the way the leg seems attached to the body like that is basically what i picked up off numerous other side on Rex pics by various artists, so i'm going on what they say. though my somewhat mediocre 3D skills are partly to blame for them appearing to be 'snap-on' like that...

@IK: well, his armour's thick overall, but they ARE his scales underneath. as i said though i'm rather disappointed at how Bane turned out. there are a few things i couldn't put onto a sketch at my current level. need to learn a bit more about sketching before i even attempt the 'rocky' armour...

also, due to my current draw-happy mood, i'd be glad to do other people's characters for them in that style if they like. i'm afraid i can't colour anything even if my life depended on it but where sketching's conscerned, i'd be glad to do it if i can draw the species i'm asked to do. human beings and many modern creatures are kinda out of my depth. only decent pic i made of a person was my character Drake, and even he was a mess...so yeah. Dinos i'd be glad to do. others, it'd probably be a good idea to ask first and check if i know how...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:46 pm

KP:I see. Are you planning on doing any of other characters such as Nightshade, Hades or Roadrage?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Nightshade was done even before Crusher. he was the reason i leaned that the body was too small in Crusher's pic. Nightshade suffers from the Bighead problem. Hades, i may try, but i'm not sure when i'll get round to it. Roadrage and Overcast and all other Transformers are just way too complex for me to sketch...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:13 pm

Have you ever planned on doing a drawing of Grunt the Giga's head? I remember you mentioning that it was oddly shaped, but left me in the dark about what it specifically looked like.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:57 am

Grunt's head was typical Giga....just....bonier and bulkier...more robust...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 pm

seeing as this character is going to play a major role in GEW, i decided i'd go ahead and draw it in case the current profile pic for it is a bit difficult to visualise. after making sure i had the green light from TT that it was a perfect lookalike to how he invisioned, i've taken the leap to show it to you guys. please forgive the lack of a more 3rd dimensional look at him. i experimented with the legs [ok. not experimented....it was kinda accidental because i'm not used to that leg formation XP] and achieved it there, but couldn't maintain it well with the rest...so let's just assume he was in a stance with his legs diagonal to the 'camera' and his tail and torso parralel, ok? :P

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... onus30.jpg

as i said before, any requests made for non human characters are welcome. a single pic of this standard takes roughly 2 hours, and i have about 2 days of absolute free time and who knows how much [due to start of University education] from then onwards...roughly 18 hours of free time to draw...and that's not counting tomorrow [most of the day prior to the typical active time on the site will be spent out with my friends. but from the moment i get back, i'm free]...easily 22 hours of drawing time for whoever asks...and i'm open to requests and will try doing unusual things if asked

*points at Aeonus*

see what i mean? :P
Last edited by The Kingpin on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Looks grotesque... in a good way

I mean, the tentacles and markings on the face...

good work none the less
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:41 pm

arms*

notice the joints...if i wanted to draw tentacles it wouldn't have joints :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:41 pm

I like how you did the flames on the body and the claws on the ends of the tendrils. Good job, KP.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:19 am

...more great work from the great Kingpin. 10/10!

btw, is that thing supposed to be the "Scientific" monster that put Spinnerax out of commision?

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:27 am

Scientific? More like extra-dimensional :P

As I said again and again on Steam, this drawing is amazing, exactly how I pictured Aeonus to be (With my shitty drawing skills making me not able to show it all T_T)

Thanks a bunch KP =D
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:40 am

I have a request for a non human character, KP. How about drawing Megapede?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:15 pm

No prob. any time TT.

IK: wow...Megapede would be a bit....difficult....what with the immense length and 100 legs and all....i could TRY......but something like that would probably take several weeks...since that kind of body shape isn't something i see or deal with commonly.....i'd also need to know more techniques with 3D sketching...for now Megapede is a bit too far out of my depth...

what else would you like sketched?

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Ill take on Megapede for you IK, Ive had to get used to drawing bugs for a project (which helped me draw my Spinnerax pics)

A kaiju sized centipede would be something new =D
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Iceking » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 pm

CS:Thanks.

KP:How about Razortail?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Razortail would be fine....just stay around for when i need details. if you have access to MSN Messenger that'd help. because then i can adjust things if they're off [you don't have a base picture for me to work off so it may take a bit of time for me to get it perfect]

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:37 pm

KP:I don't have an account on MSN. However, I'm almost always on the site, so I can answer your PMs if you start drawing him before I set up an account.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:00 pm

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4751/megapede.jpg

Voila, behold the Pede!

I hope its how you invisoned Megapede IK
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby raptor titanus3 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:09 am

:shock: that was fast
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to General Art