My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:45 pm

xD.

Nah. You won't be seeing the Kraken regularly in the RPG [It's simply too powerful to be a regular NPC or character]. It'll be mentioned in passing. explosions of red water and, on occasion, hellish limbs reaching up from the depths, a massive, unidentified beast breaching the surface of the waves. maybe a small personal plot involving a survivor of an attack [extremely rare]. But nothing more than that. TT and CS have compared its description behaviour-wise to the Doomfang. I'm inclined to think its presence in the RPG will be of a similar nature to that.

But yeah, you don't have to worry about it attacking Steaky [if he ever shows his face in FRPG :P].

And IK, thanks. The Kraken is a very fast creature. much faster than it's tentacled head would have you believe. the shark-like fins are for stability at high speeds. In-RPG, there would literally be no prior warning before a Kraken attack. by the time anyone would know they'd been hit, they'd already be dead or dying, or otherwise too far gone to do anything about it. the survival rate is so small that in the several hundred thousand years they have existed, Krakens are still almost unknown to Asterian historians.

I intend to flesh out a bit of what Asterians know of the Krakens during Seppy's journey for knowledge.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Are you currently open to requests, KP?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:29 am

yes. Though I can't guarantee you'll get an immediate result. I have at least two exams with week, so they take priority over anything I draw. However, if you give me a general idea of what you have in mind, I can experiment on it by doodling between lectures and such. get a general idea of how to pull it off. Will make actually drawing it a lot quicker [The Kraken started off as a 2 inch long doodle in my Essay Writing course notebook :P]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:43 am

What I have in mind is a JP/RE crossover drawing with a drawing of how you think a T-rex would look if it were to have undergone the same experimentation that lead to the Nemesis Tyrant being created.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:53 am

Hasn't someone on deviantArt already done that? I could swear I've seen it before...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:08 am

I do recall someone doing a pic of a T-rex as though it underwent mutations like that of the T-002 tyrant. If you want me to change my request, then I'll do it.
Last edited by Iceking on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:11 am

nah, it's fine. But like I said, don't expect immediate results. I'll get onto it when I have time.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:05 am

...Oh boy. That Kraken makes me realize that FRPG is a far, far cry from the Middle Earth of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings... There, the worst things out there were a fire breathing fire drake and a giant all-seeing eyeball and the army it controled. In FRPG? You got dragons that control the very weather (Rayquaza, is that you?) and cephalopods larger than the effing Titanic.... Good gosh...

Nice drawings, even if they're too large for me to view unless I put their links into the address bar... Your showing great skill, KP!

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:49 pm

KP: Hellraptor has actually done an entire series of JP/RE crossovers. You could use his works as a stepladder, so to speak. :3
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Gira: Said fire-breathing dragon obliterated a Dwarven stronghold's defences and nearly destroyed a nearby village in it's rage, only being brought down by a one in a billion shot through a uniquely weakened spot in it's scales. And said demonic eye was once an immortal being that threatened to enslave the entirety of Middle-Earth. While the latter is easily achieved if someone with sufficient creative skill were to write it in-RPG, the former is quite a bit more difficult. I don't dare imply that I could surpass Tolkien's creations. I aspire to reach that standard.

HF: Yeah. Hellraptor. that was the one.

In any case, I intend to take a somewhat different approach to Hellraptor's in terms of design.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Gira didn't say your imply was anything near Tolkiens.
He just meant FRPG was on a scale not seen in LotR.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:17 am

eh. I'm fairly sure in Tolkien's world there are a few things on par with what we have in FRPG. take Ancalagon the Black, for instance. I unfortunately have not read the book in which he is depicted, but from what I was told, he was a rather extraordinary Dragon, possibly beyond anything even FRPG has produced.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:23 am

@ KP: Ancalagon was so big that his wings would blot out the sun from miles away as he approached. It took impaling him on a mountain to kill him.

... sorry, got off topic. XD
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Ladies, Gentlemen, I give you Project Thor

A Tyrannosaurus Rex infected with the NE-Alpha parasite. Fully armed it would have guided Stinger missile launchers on it's flanks, and 2 .50 cal anti air miniguns on it's back. augmented skeleton and musculature allow it to move much faster and jump higher than would be physically possible for a Rex. provided the target could hold it's 10 ton weight, the Rex could jump on to a 1 story building to further enhance it's view of the battlefield in which it is deployed. High paced regenerative capabilities mean that even after it has been brought down, it will soon recover and continue its assault. Short of literally vaporising it, there is no guaranteed way to swiftly destroy it. fallen parts of its body can, under certain conditions, morph to form their own independent bio-weapons.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Splendid drawing, KP. I do like how you not only made Thor look like a creature spawned from the NE alpha parasite, but revealed what abilities he has at his disposal in addition to the potential to mount weapons onto him.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:51 am

WOAH! Now THERE'S a savage beast! I like, comrade, I like!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:20 am

Dunno how long it'll be before you look at this topic again, but are you willing to do another JP/RE crossover request, KP?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:47 am

Well, tell me what you have in mind and I'll see what I can do...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:29 pm

My request is a drawing of how you would envision a Velociraptor if it were infected by the G-virus and had mutated into a form that Umbrella would deem having the most advantages in combat.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:18 pm

instability in the G-Virus generally makes something like that impossible, but I suppose I could come up with a form that would serve well for combat. Mind you, following lore, it wouldn't stay that way for long.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to General Art