My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Re: My Works (In Progress :P) of Art

Postby Pyronychus » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 am

O_O Whoa... for some reason, I find those legs kind of creepy... and the eyes... just floating there... very creepy...

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Now imagine it walking down an empty street in a post-apocalyptic world. your only weapon is a dysfunctional .22 handgun. :P

On a random note: In light of Septimus' advances in FRPG, and the procedure he has just gone through, I thought it'd be a good idea to show you his new look :P

for comparison:

Old look:

Fun fact: the difference in size between the first and second picture is ALMOST to scale in terms of how much bigger Seppy's grown.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 am

Quite a big difference, I'd say.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:09 pm

as for Seppy's new wing designs:

Dorsal [top side] which can be seen in the new image of him:

Ventral [underside]:

Note that the empty shapes in Seppy's wings on the ventral side are actually filled out. the reason these last two images are inverted is because Seppy's wings are black and grey in colour, with the patterns glowing a bright whitish blue (though I dislike associating him with it, I'd say comparing the glow to the Tron blue glow would be accurate). same applies for the fin going down his back. they're rings, and not bullseyes. same with the rings on the Dorsal side of his wings.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:48 am

SMall laptop screne strikes again!

Though, the flaming fire...thingy is kinda cool.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:53 am

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:51 am

Nice designs! I never noticed his wing symbols before, but maybe it has to do that he's older in the RPG...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:03 am

Great redesign of Septimus. The spots on the top of his wings remind me a bit of the spots that are on the tail feathers of a peacock.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:10 am

I attribute the drastic change in patterns to conversion from juvenile to adult markings. Kinda like how birds tend to look drastically different between juvenile and adult plumage patterns.

as for the wings, the bottom side have peacock spots. in the case of all the spots, they're more likely rings that I didn't finish drawing. that applies in the case of the seeming bullseye patterns almost all over his body. the fins, the wing 'bullseyes' on the top side. so on. the peacock spots are, predictably, two-toned on the character. the crescent part is usually a much richer, darker shade of blue, with the other part being lighter. the long feather-like patterns would be filled out, and would glow a bright whitish blue [again, think Tron]. hence why I state in the RPG that it's startling and used as a defence mechanism. imagine sneaking up on him at night while he's curled up, looking small. suddenly he turns on you and rears up on his hind legs [making him, previously, the height of a two storey house. now 3 stories due to the size boost], and unfurling his wings. you get this enormous wall of light right in front of you [Septimus has enormous wings, as you probably noticed by looking at the new pic :P. his wingspan is huge. 90+ feet]. suddenly, he doesn't look so small and vulnerable :P

Also, yes, his wings in the new image aren't torn up like the old one. in the previous, he tended not to put too much effort into keeping them intact, because A) it intimidated enemies to see rips in the wings. made him look like a hardened fighter, and B) It would waste too much of his energy, that he could make much better use of elsewhere.

But since Thurduunax [Who I will soon be posting in image of] went to the effort to basically fix all Septimus' growth and energy problems, he patched up the wings while he was at it. hence the wings being intact. :P

Notice that the line running across Septimus' eye isn't a scar. it's part of his Clan Symbol [shown next to the head of old Seppy for a clear view]. It's stretched with his face, and the dark portion of the tear-drop shape on his nose as been stretched over his nose horn. hence why it's black in the picture.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Dragon puberty is scary
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:10 pm

lawl. Isn't the point of a Dragon to terrify people in general? :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:58 am

Well, since I've shown you Septimus' new look, I thought it was a good time for me to show you the one who did it for him. his temporary mentor, Thurduunax.

or Click here if your screen is too small to see the full image

Those of you not interested in FRPG needn't read the following paragraph, though it does clarify some things about this guy:

Thurduunax is a 14,500 year old Hueilin Dragon [Septimus' species], from the same clan. He left home millennia ago on an expedition with representatives of several different clans, planning to explore Aster and gather the information for their Clan Mates. Suffice to say, of the two groups out there, his was slaughtered, and he took it upon himself to take on the duty assigned to them; to protect an ancient source of power they had been searching for. over 13,000 years, and many, many, many life or death battles defending the power source later, Seppy runs into him and tells him how badly things are back home. So now he's going to sort things out....and incinerate anyone and anything that stands in his way.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:05 am

He reminds me a lot of Paarthurnax.... except a lot cooler looking.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 am

the name is inspired by Paarthunax to a degree. I wanted the -ax at the end of his name. the rest was a combination of gibberish and some joke name generators, along with a few real names in various languages. the face however, is from a doodle I made about a year ago and saved for whenever I found a use for it. 1 year later, it got it's break :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:51 am

He has a rather serious look on his face, a bit dark if I may say so. Then again, perhaps the only reason his expression seems a little dark is due to the scars on his face bringing to mind the drawing of Nightshade.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:16 am

funny how assumptions form in our heads based on what we know, eh?

the goal with Thurduunax was to create something extremely grizzled, war-hardened and battle-scarred, that for all intents and purposes looked deadly, immensely intimidating and evil, without actually being so. Can he maul just about anybody in FRPG? Possibly, but I wouldn't go that far. but he'd definitely be hell on earth to fight unless you vastly outclass him. He's roughly twice Septimus' current size, and easily one of the most powerful things I control in there, with the [arguable] exception of Arashi...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Cross reference this with the latest Septimus pic to see the various details hidden normally.

1) Satchels on his flanks. one visible in the picture.
2) large, extendible, bony fangs in his jaws, easily capable of crushing bone. Used for cracking the carapaces of large species of shellfish in the Hueilin's native home beyond Aster [they exist in the Hueilin's current home, brought along during their migration]
3) Secondary wing-fins normally hidden below the wings. Used as air brakes and as stabilisers in flight, as well as for a small boost in lift.
4) a partial view of Septimus' wing shape.

This was done in a few minutes. It's not meant to be a detailed image. Just a reference pic.

Next: Septimus' mother, Tanwen, The White Flame.

spurred on by HF's recent pic of her Character Aviva, I decided to redraw her in my own style:

And last, but certainly not least, the one new addition to the RPG: The Kraken. One of 8 of it's kind in the FRPG world.

The ship in that picture is floating directly above it [for reference regarding size]. Disregarding the added length of the rigging, the ship's hull is 125 feet long from bow to stern.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Great drawings as always, KP. Tawen has the look of someone who's very wise on her face, at least to me. The Kraken looks more menacing with those "Shark fins" on it's body.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Not that f**ker again...
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:36 pm

There's a kraken in FRPG?! WHOOOOO!

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to General Art