Some of my digital drawings

Enjoy drawing? Sculpting? Other types of art? Here's a place for it!

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:56 pm

the crow is a new concept regarding with Griffins. never seen that before. while i agree that the head looks a bit big, it doesn't look like that big a deal. the eyes look humerous. the black dot effect is captured very well. looks just like a crow. the colour scheme is nice too.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Very nice. The colors blend nicely. :P
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:06 pm

Is it me, or is your artwork getting better and better?

Very nice Griffin, Pyro... 10 Gobul hides out of ten!

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Pyronychus » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:24 am

Glad you like it as much as you do. Having been away for a couple hours, looking at it now, I can see what you mean about the head. The whole thing started out as a doodle anyway, not even meant to be uploaded. None of it was planned out and the outline is still a sketch cuz I didn't bother to cleaned it up properly. I think if I'd made the beak shorter, it would've improved the look of the head... Anyway, it was fun to draw (I actually kinda like the sketch look,) and am somewhat surprised it got the response it did. XP Thanks all...

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Pyronychus » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:40 am

What would happen if Super Switch turned Dark and sided with TT in the next Civil War? Maybe something like this... I'm still experimenting with a possible background for it...

http://velocibudgie.deviantart.com/#/d2zcj0b

Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:47 am

That...

Is...

EPIC...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:48 am

Holy sh*t. That is extremely high quality work.

I especially love the Ts on the wings :P

She would make a fine addition to our arsenal =D
TyrannoTitan

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:53 am

Whoaaaaaa.
I wouldn't wanna meet that thing in real life O.O
Really nice drawing, though perhaps a little too "upright", if you know what I mean.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:56 am

It's a Nazi Raptor! :wink:

Besides my cheesy joke, that is REALLY good quality.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:03 am

Awesome, Pyro. Her pose speaks confidence and malevolence to me. The shading and highlighting is really well done. The only thing that bugs me a bit is that her torso seems a little too upright, but on the whole it's an epic drawing.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:34 am

excellent work, as always, Pyro. i wish i had the art skills you have.

now...to go in depth...

for starts, the wings remind me of the Aerosaur concepts you showed me. interesting application.

the first flaw that strikes me is the chest plate. in the pose, it doesn't cause a problem. but it would be horrifically uncomfortable in normal movement. it'd probably work better if it was more rounded to the shape of the torso, with perhaps dips in the armour where her arms would be likely to go.

another issue i see is the gun. the way she holds it. for it to be stable enough to shoot without flying out of her hand, she'd need either A) bigger hands, so the back of her palm can hold the gun in place when she fires, or, ideally, B) one of her fingers acting as a thumb, similar to how she's gripping the sword.

aside from those two, the only things i think could be improved are the shape of the leg armour [too snug IMO. doesn't give room for the leg muscles to flex and relax when walking. the upper leg in particular looks somewhat uncomfortable...but then i have a bit of a habit of giving my characters big thighs, so it might just be me >_>]. the lower leg of the armour looks somewhat uncomfortable around the joint of the 'ankle'. if we were speaking from a practical point of view i think the armour would be cut a tiny bit higher to give room to move, so it doesn't dig into her ankles when she runs or goes for long periods of time with the armour on.

those are the only actual flaws i can see in the design as is. aside from that, design improvements like perhaps a bigger tail blade and arm blades [makes for good close combat defense weapons if she's somehow disarmed in combat. stabby stab :P]. the wings could use a more flexible design IMO. i can't imagine her navigating through doorways very well with wings as seemingly stiff as that. maybe design joints into the bending points and make the various pieces of the wing overlap when furled? or design in it such a way that they can be closed to form disk-like plates on her flanks that can open up to produce wings when needed? i dunno. just throwing out a couple of ideas for you.

that's all i have to say from a design point of view. artistically, it's outstanding, like i said. i'm a long way from reaching this quality [oh, how i wish there was a shortcut D:].
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Pyronychus » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:21 am

Many thanks to you all. I'm glad all the hours were worth it. ^_^

KP: I kinda see what you mean... I thought about doing her other hand the same way, (not sure why I didn't,) and I guess the armor could've been shaped differently to fit better. :/ I probably won't fix this one, but I'll keep your tips in mind for future pics. And yeah, the wings were Aerosaur-inspired and are supposed to be somewhat techno-organic and a bit more flexible than they look. XP

Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:08 am

Very very cool. Wouldn't expect anything less.
I guess we'll see what happens.... traitor... :P

edit: reminds me of Ridley from Metroid.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Pyronychus » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Doc: Thanks. I doubt she'll be quite in her right mind (or even in control of her actions) if/when she turns traitor. XP

Experimental edited version I wasn't originally going to post...

http://velocibudgie.deviantart.com/art/ ... 2#/d2zqvsk

By the way... is the new avatar alright?

Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby C S » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Switchy: There can be only one!

lolHighlanderjoke <.< >.>

Much awesomeness, yes, both the pic and avatar

teeth seem to have vanished in the pic though :/
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Pyronychus » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Yeah, I know. The teeth were in one of the layers that aren't showing. Only the light and shadow layers, plus some small details are visible...

Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:53 am

Wow... both versions of evil Switchy look pretty dang nice... I would NOT like to be fighting her.. though maybe, if I could revive a certain figure that fought her in the past...

1st picture: 13/10. Second one : 11/10.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Re: Some of my digital drawings

Postby Pyronychus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:32 am

Just because I haven't given any sign that I'm still alive in a long time, here are some randoms.

Two fractals...

http://velocibudgie.deviantart.com/#/d41ycoe

http://velocibudgie.deviantart.com/#/d41ydd5

And a plane. I love King Airs. If only it had space attachments it would look like Azimuth... Sorta. =P

http://velocibudgie.deviantart.com/#/d41xwru

Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:52 am

That nebula thing is awesome!

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Galaxia » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:15 am

That was beautiful!
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to General Art