Crusher Skin

Created a mod you want others to know about? Here's the place!

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:55 pm

You can't have both. Only replace one with the other.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:04 pm

that, is very wierd. ok, here's what to do. firstly, open the CEP 1.05 installer. go through it until it comes to the mod destination file. change it to the exact place where your Operation Genesis game is placed. the default should be
C:/Program Files/Universal Interactive/Blue Tongue/Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis/JPOG

with you, it may be different. now, install it, then open the Crusher rar file, and extract them to:
C:/Program Files/Universal Interactive/Blue Tongue/Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis/JPOG/Data/matlibs
again, this differs from user to user, depending on where you choose to install it. now, following that correctly, you should have the CEP 1.05 AND the Crusher skin.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby rex » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:31 pm

I have half of the crusher skin he has a tan under belly and purple every where else
rex

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:04 pm

now, you've just proved to me that your faking it. that's impossible. you can either have one skin, or the other. the only way you can have both skins in one is if you opened the file and edited it yourself. doing what you did has just made you as bad as a couple of people i talked to on JPL recently. a couple of liars, like you....
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby rex » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:41 pm

The child you are acusing of rewriting your program is 13. He has no experience in doing what you have accused him of. I am his father and I have looked at what your screenshot of this t-rex is supposed to look like and complared it to the game. The t-rex that your file has produced has a tan underbelly, black skin and purple markings on its back. It is not even close to what your picture represents. I have downloaded your file and inserted it into the game myself. You are either misrepresenting your product or you have an error in your download. Either way your skin does not work the way you have directed it to be used. Now if there is some step you have left out that would cause this change in the appearance on the game please provide it so that your product may be used effectively.

Thank you.
rex

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:01 am

That is impossible. there isn't a way to change the colour of the skin, unless opened up and modifying it manually, as i said earlier [which, by itself, needs hex editors and photoshop, and maybe some other things (i wasn't the one who made it...i saw it's tutorial, and announced one of the other member's creations, which was originally for my private and personal use, but deemed worthy of distribution after getting the permission of the creator)]. the link itself was put up by my friend [the person who opened the topic]. now, im not sure how this happened, but i'll see if i can help. but what your saying shouldn't be possible. would you mind taking a screenshot to back it up? sorry for not believing you from what your saying. the thing is, there have been a VERY large number of liars about this particular game's errors, features and mods, so im VERY suspiscious of this claim, since i gave the mod to my friend personally, and it should have gone through un-touched. he didn't even have the skill to do it then. you would be doing me a favour by showing me the error in the skin, or sending me the file you have directly, through e-mail, or MSN Messenger. the way to take a snapshot of the skin is by downloading Fraps [just go to www.fraps.com ]. and taking a snapshot using the F10 button while in the game and looking at the skin. then, if you have a picture hosting account, like Photobucket or Imageshack, upload it there, and take the IMG code that should by added alongside, or underneath the picture, to post it here. the alternative is to send it to me with MSN Messenger. until i see proof, i wont believe it, because there isn't a way to corrupt the T.Rex skin into looking the way you describe it through any step during the mod's making or installation.

also, credit for making the "program" goes to Universal Interactive, and Blue Tongue. we just modified it....[with alot of sweat and tears from several people.... :roll: ]
also, if you can, do it as fast as possible, since it's rather late where i am right now, and i'd like to get to bed soon.....[3:57 AM...not a nice time to be trying to write an understandable post]

Thank you for reading...

The Kingpin

NOTE: i will check it out in about 12 hour's time. im a bit too sleepy to hang around waiting, and, unfortunately, the things needed to get the proof i need to believe you is time consuming. i will be back in approximately 12 hours to see what you've given to back up your claim. seeing as your a mature person, i expect that you wont make the mistake of pressing your point without evidence.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby rex » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:39 am

we have removed the crusher skin from matlibs and the t-rex still looks like this are there any other files that would interfere with this skin from workingImage
Last edited by rex on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
rex

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:47 am

That is the freaking CEP 1.5 Rex...... REPLACE the JubithRiverB with the crusher file. There you are done.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:48 am

you didn't get that from the CEP, or the link. i just tested the link myself, and i installed the CEP over it originally. to add to that, the original CEP rex is a lighter tone of brown, and doesn't have purple marks on it's back. there is no way that that came from us or the CEP. you did that. which means your probably skilled enough to make your own skins. the files inside the downloaded link are unmodified from mine, which are the originals. the date of modification and size are identical. and the CEP never had that in it.
re-install the skin, and add it.
if you are here just to mess around, get a life and go somewhere else...dont go bothering us here....

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby rex » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:10 am

First off I am reaching out to you for your assistance. So you need to calm down and stop blurting out accusations. I am coming into this midstream and am no aware if there are any other downloads that were added to this. Remember you are not talking to the thirteen year old child any more.

Now to the point. I am going to uninstall the entire game and reinstall. Once I do this i will let you know if this is successful. There may be another expansion pack or something that is changing the colors. I don't even own the required programs to do this. But, If I had them, Yes I am skilled enough to fix this. On the other hand though. I do not have the time or the patience to do this that is why I allow my son to download them instead. I am also aware that this was not caused by the CEP that I downloaded. But now the task is to find out where this came from.

So once I identify the problem I will share the information if you choose to learn rather than accuse someone of lying.

The original downloaded files of the crusher skin are intact they are just being ignored by the program because there is another skin obviously defaulting the program.
rex

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:19 am

well, there's one thing i can say here. before uninstalling: open the game's root directory [right click on the games icon on the desktop, and click properties, then go to find target. then Data, then Matlibs]. now, take the "dinos_judithriverB" file along with the "dinos_judithriverB 16 bit" file, and put them into a folder on their own, on the desktop. mark it so that you remember it. remove those 2 files from the game completely. now, put the Crusher ones in it's place.it should work fine now. if not, then try uninstalling the game, and adding it WITHOUT the CEP, then see what happens.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Tyrannosaurs » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:40 am

isint any easer way to do it without cep I need the raptor skin help
Tyrannosaurs
Worm
Worm

Postby Crusher » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:22 pm

Can anybody tell me where to download him?
Crusher is king!
Crusher
Worm
Worm

Postby mega raptor » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:25 pm

It was on the first post, right below the pictures.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:05 am

Oh my god....

KP is ganna love this!
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:24 am

you got that right! my character has fans! :D :D :D

one question: where'd you find out about him?

also: one request: try not to make a Crusher Clone out of your character. he needs to be different. Crusher, is based on my own personality, as far as values go. he cares about family like i care about family. he's protective of friends because im protective of friends. he's willing to fight to the death for his family as i am if the need ever aroused. likewise, i find that RPG characters tend to reflect they maker's personality. like TT's characters tend to have a cruel streak, like he has when it comes to n00bs on the site. mega raptor's characters tend to be very calm, calculating, focused characters, that think things out thoroughly before doing anything; like mega raptor himself [from my experience]. and so on...
so, try and make your "Crusher Clone Version 1.0 :P " different to the others...express yourself through your character.

woah... even im going off topic.... :lol:

hey......whatever happened to that "rex" guy? i guess he solved his problem....he could at least let us know...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Crusher » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:44 pm

Hey, I downloaded Crusher, but he's not here.
Crusher is king!
Crusher
Worm
Worm

Postby o-eternal-o » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:46 pm

You have to downlaod it and use the readme so you can put it in the appropriate place. I really don't understand why this is difficult
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:51 pm

I'll check the thing.....

Maybe I put the wrong thing up.....

Oops.

Does anyone else have problems with it?
TyrannoTitan

Postby o-eternal-o » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:58 pm

Just tried it and it's fine. No problem. However, i'll give you a tip with the readme. Don't put the full directory you have, example : C:/Program Files/JPOG/Data/matlibs because not everyone has put it there. I myself have it in my D:/ and if other younger people have had it installed on another drive by and older sibling/parent, they might be confused and try and follow the directory exactly and not find the game installation path, so are unable to install it. Just put something like JPOG/Data/matlibs. That is what i would do.

Apart from that, i don't see what could be possibly wrong
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

PreviousNext

Return to Mixed Mods